Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3016787 times)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #1515 on: 05 January 2012, 17:53:44 »

How annoying is it when you pay for something to be done, then find it was not done properly? >:(
As some if you may know I have an Impreza which I changed the clutch on after having it remapped etc..... Anyway I found that the flywheel drastically needed skimming. I took it to a well known place that did the job for me.
I fitted everything and for a few happy days, until I start hearing a rattling sound. Had a look then fitted some jubilee clips around the heat shields, noise gone. The following morning this bloody noise was back. I have been rather busy and lived with it for a bit then eventually got it on the ramp. The noise seemed to be coming from the flywheel area...
This afternoon I managed to steal a few hours to have a look........
There were three small bolts loose that holds the flywheel together.......it took five minutes to take the bolts out, put on some loctite then refit but a ball ache to remove the gearbox again because some muppet whom got paid to do a job did not do it right >:(

Oh well Character Building I suppose

Bloody annoying all the same.
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

feeutfo

« Reply #1516 on: 05 January 2012, 17:59:45 »

How annoying is it when you pay for something to be done, then find it was not done properly? >:(
As some if you may know I have an Impreza which I changed the clutch on after having it remapped etc..... Anyway I found that the flywheel drastically needed skimming. I took it to a well known place that did the job for me.
I fitted everything and for a few happy days, until I start hearing a rattling sound. Had a look then fitted some jubilee clips around the heat shields, noise gone. The following morning this bloody noise was back. I have been rather busy and lived with it for a bit then eventually got it on the ramp. The noise seemed to be coming from the flywheel area...
There were three small bolts loose that holds the flywheel together.......it took five minutes to take the bolts out, put on some loctite then refit but a ball ache to remove the gearbox again because some muppet whom got paid to do a job did not do it right >:(

Very.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: 05 January 2012, 18:53:45 »

But sadly all too common :(
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: 05 January 2012, 21:36:49 »

Pair of new tyres on the front and a geometry check. Only needed a tweak of the toe, which surprised me, considering the state of the inner shoulders. Seems the polybushes knocked it out slightly. Drives very nicely now, though.

Oh, gave it a much overdue oil change too.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: 06 January 2012, 09:04:39 »

Yesterday actually .............
Changed the in-tank fuel pump on Markseth's TD:

Then immediately flogged the car for a princely sum to another potential OOFer ;)
13 months MoT included for good measure! :y
« Last Edit: 06 January 2012, 09:08:14 by Seth »
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

Omega_Dan

« Reply #1520 on: 06 January 2012, 16:06:23 »

Replaced the orange indicator bulbs with silver ones to remove the fried egg look and put a random sticker on the window :-X

Omega_Dan

« Reply #1521 on: 06 January 2012, 16:17:28 »

Pair of new tyres on the front and a geometry check. Only needed a tweak of the toe, which surprised me, considering the state of the inner shoulders. Seems the polybushes knocked it out slightly. Drives very nicely now, though.

Oh, gave it a much overdue oil change too.

What mileage was it overdue kevin?

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: 06 January 2012, 22:27:43 »

Then immediately flogged the car for a princely sum to another potential OOFer ;)
You mean you've flogged your car?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: 06 January 2012, 23:18:20 »

You mean you've flogged your car?

No, no, no - the car that I flogged was our former TD.

This one had the engine transplant, and then went to Markseth. On his behalf, I did a full service and MoT; then changed the in-tank fuel pump. I then flogged it on to another chap, as Mark (being Mark!), bought himself another car and gave me first refusal on the TD Estate.

It went almost immediately to another delighted owner - happy days!  :y :y :y :y :y
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

Omega_Dan

« Reply #1524 on: 07 January 2012, 15:34:21 »

Removed the gls badge. No need to advertise that ;D

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: 07 January 2012, 15:44:23 »

Fitted a new numberplate to replace the cracked one and painted the front chassis rails with some rust convertor (only surface rust but thought i'd get in and sort it now).

SJKOO01

« Reply #1526 on: 07 January 2012, 18:39:41 »

Not technically my car that I've worked on, but I ended up ripping off all the parts off the door cards, partly because someone wanted the 'wood looking' trim pieces and partly to clean up the other parts and flog on here for those that want to clean up their own door cards if they're a mess.
Unfortunately these parts in the photo had become mouldy due to being in the garage and having gotten damp!  Luckily everything else can be rescued, to either be recovered or repainted  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: 08 January 2012, 13:39:33 »

Took the OSF wheel off to do something. By time it was off, forgotten what needed doing, so just put it back on  :-[

I don't feel well  :-[
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: 08 January 2012, 13:48:36 »

Took the OSF wheel off to do something. By time it was off, forgotten what needed doing, so just put it back on  :-[

Man Flu can be fatal... Be careful ;)

I speak from experience having just recovered from a very serious, near fatal bout of it :o :D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #1529 on: 08 January 2012, 15:03:54 »

Even I dont do that. ;D ;D ;D

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.