Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: installation help with swapping ccr2006 to ccrt 2008 (E)  (Read 4790 times)

Jelwah1994

• opel omega 2002 V6 3.2
    • View Profile
installation help with swapping ccr2006 to ccrt 2008 (E)
« on: 18 October 2016, 18:17:58 »

So hi ... i have an omega 2002 V6 3.2
my previous radio was the ccr 2006
Not a BOSE audio system
i intend to replace it with  ccrt 2008 (E)
as i started wiring every thing in place i noticed that some wires are extra in the ccrt2008 (i took the wiring from the car it was installed in from junk yard ) so i ignored them and wired the rest now also on my original connector there was some wires that are not available in the ccrt2008 which is odd so i figured it's defiantly that the display is different and when i came here i saw many said change to ccrt display (note: my display is the 3 lines one ) before i go and buy the ccrt display i need to know if this is do-able
if anyone can please provide the proper wiring or both units connector diagram so i can modify i don't need the sim feature and the mic all i need as a normal radio that works
one more thing after i wired everything unit works lights up and there is peep sound when i hit the knob but no display no channels from radio is working or hearing the sound i guess it's the code

unfortunately no code is available but i guess i can do it through tech2 as i remember
code is an issue for a later time i need the wiring advice now :P 
« Last Edit: 18 October 2016, 18:21:41 by Jelwah1994 »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: installation help with swapping ccr2006 to ccrt 2008 (E)
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2016, 18:36:21 »

Perfectly doable. Should be plug and play, possibly with the addition of a couple of wires...  :y

Any chance of getting the screen and plug/loom tail from the car that the rest came from?

If not, eBay is your friend  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Jelwah1994

• opel omega 2002 V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2016, 18:43:33 »

Perfectly doable. Should be plug and play, possibly with the addition of a couple of wires...  :y

Any chance of getting the screen and plug/loom tail from the car that the rest came from?

If not, eBay is your friend  :y
thanks for the reply ... yea it's very much possible just to confirm you mean the the wires going to the display or where ?
and those extra wires can you clarify them for me as i need details not general idea i do appreciate the help tho

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2016, 18:54:49 »

Guessing additional wires are for the Phone?  :-\

Jelwah1994

• opel omega 2002 V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 October 2016, 20:24:55 »

Guessing additional wires are for the Phone?  :-\
it might ... which is why i requested anyone who have the diagram of both units to provide them otherwise if someone already experienced such swap to provide the proper wiring
as of now we established this should work with a bit of wiring addition and ccrt display
am waiting for the champ who will provide the diagrams or better guide :) thanks to everyone replied

i could provide pics about what i had as a connector and the new one if needed

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 October 2016, 20:36:19 »

There's a connection to be made behind the Glovebox, also you need the correct aerial and loom (at least from the roof to drivers kick panel). The display plug will be the same, grey plug, but will have differences according to vehicle spec. NCDC head units do the trip computer function and the display is just that. Other heading displays contain the trip computer. Hence the wiring difference in the plug.

Having a spare of the relevant plugs is handy as it makes adding missing pins a breeze :y

Head unit should also have a pinout diagram stuck to it :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 October 2016, 20:39:25 »

The 2008 were not that common in the UK, might also be worth doing a Google and see what comes up as they were more popular in Euroland.

Jelwah1994

• opel omega 2002 V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 October 2016, 21:08:12 »

There's a connection to be made behind the Glovebox, also you need the correct aerial and loom (at least from the roof to drivers kick panel). The display plug will be the same, grey plug, but will have differences according to vehicle spec. NCDC head units do the trip computer function and the display is just that. Other heading displays contain the trip computer. Hence the wiring difference in the plug.

Having a spare of the relevant plugs is handy as it makes adding missing pins a breeze :y

Head unit should also have a pinout diagram stuck to it :y
behind the glovebox !! what is it for (sorry for asking alot but i know little of the wires in this car )
aerial is already done .... as to trip computer mine does have that as i got the full size display (no idea what is the name of it :P)
will get to donor car tomorrow and get the display will post for results and pics if succeeded
the diagram in the unit is not enough sadly as it only clarify the power and sound connections not the display and computer which where am stuck now as it only shows the numbers of pins not what they are for :'(

The 2008 were not that common in the UK, might also be worth doing a Google and see what comes up as they were more popular in Euroland.
already did search there was some german sites but i don't speak german so yea,,,, i barely speak english for crying out loud :P  by the way am from The middle east Saudi Arabia to be exact :) :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 October 2016, 21:19:33 »

There's a wire which runs from the microphone in the front courtesy lamp and ends in the loom behind the passenger kick panel. This needs connecting to the relevant wire in the plug taped up behind the glovebox :y

Jelwah1994

• opel omega 2002 V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 October 2016, 21:27:36 »

There's a wire which runs from the microphone in the front courtesy lamp and ends in the loom behind the passenger kick panel. This needs connecting to the relevant wire in the plug taped up behind the glovebox :y
ooh i see thanks .. however i need this one not. as i have already mentioned i am not interested in the calling features so microphone , cell aerial are not important to me :) cba with them tbh

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 October 2016, 22:46:55 »

Not being funny, but that defeats the point of fitting the ccrt 2008 ::)

Jelwah1994

• opel omega 2002 V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 October 2016, 00:20:20 »

Not being funny, but that defeats the point of fitting the ccrt 2008 ::)

i know what you mean i did get this ccrt 2008 as my ccr 2006 was not functioning anymore i tried hooking an aftermarket radio i had laying around sadly sound was not good so i looked around me in the junk yard for an original and only found this one .. as the opel is very very rare here  like people wouldn't recognize the car when they see it ..it's that rare as the dealer had closed since 2003  :'( .. (imagine if i was looking for mechanical parts i have to ship them from abroad and it's super costly which sadly i did)

Jelwah1994

• opel omega 2002 V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 October 2016, 19:17:26 »

so today i fitted the ccrt display and good news it works perfectly

as for the loom or connector i kept mine didn't change as it would require me to pull out the whole dash (too much work :P)
as for the unit connector i connected most of the cables from my ccr loom to the ccrt 2008 unit connector loom had few cables not in the same spot or missing in the ccrt 2008 but i figured they were for cell features and mic and the bose system as mine doesn't have bose

now am stuck at the code which the car shows safe i only have 5 tries left
tried tech 2 sadly no communication message is shown when i select ccrt 2008  (probably it's one of dem cables left out :'( )
so i only have to figure a way to have the code of this unit

i heard a member here can do it i will check it out with him hopefully he will help :)

to all wanting to do such swap good luck and it's worth it also don't change your loom as only changed mine because of me tampering with the original connector
« Last Edit: 20 October 2016, 19:19:19 by Jelwah1994 »

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 October 2016, 23:32:36 »

so today i fitted the ccrt display and good news it works perfectly

as for the loom or connector i kept mine didn't change as it would require me to pull out the whole dash (too much work :P)
as for the unit connector i connected most of the cables from my ccr loom to the ccrt 2008 unit connector loom had few cables not in the same spot or missing in the ccrt 2008 but i figured they were for cell features and mic and the bose system as mine doesn't have bose

now am stuck at the code which the car shows safe i only have 5 tries left
tried tech 2 sadly no communication message is shown when i select ccrt 2008  (probably it's one of dem cables left out :'( )
so i only have to figure a way to have the code of this unit

i heard a member here can do it i will check it out with him hopefully he will help :)

to all wanting to do such swap good luck and it's worth it also don't change your loom as only changed mine because of me tampering with the original connector
Why not do a How To and post it for the Forum for others while its all still fresh in your mind.  :y

Jelwah1994

• opel omega 2002 V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 October 2016, 21:04:01 »

to all wanting to do such swap good luck and it's worth it
Why not do a How To and post it for the Forum for others while its all still fresh in your mind.  :y
I would but i am stuck at the code now as the donor sadly didn't have the code i figured i could do it through tech 2
however i tried the tech 2 yesterday and found the ccrt 2008 but it said "no communication" which means there's a cable missing or misplaced in my connection so i can't trouble others with a wrong connection right now
however here's a picture shows what i have of connections

http://www.mediafire.com/view/h5or79393c7vf3y/CCR2006_CCRT2008.png (in case the image isn't shown)
for the steps it's as Doctor Gollum said

steps are easy get the radio removal keys
1-remove the radio
if you have the code and don't need the GSM features or microphone then skip to step number 10
2-now remove the two screws you see
3-remove the third screw behind the ashtray and remove the ashtray
4-remove the buttons on both sides right and left
5-remove the panel now you will see connectors of the buttons patiently remove them and carefully
6-remove the A/C Connector with flat screw driver for releasing the lock first then just pull it and it will slide out easily
7-you will see 6 screws around the cage remove them then remove the radio cage
8-disconnect the radio adapter and the radio aerial from the cage
(you have to change the cage if you are planning on adding the GSM feature as the cage of ccr2006 doesn't have the hole of aerial cell)
that's it now all you need is add the necessary cables of GSM and microphone and BOSE system if you have it
(for me i didn't need those features so i have no idea which cables are concerned please to ask me about it sorry ,but if i knew i will post here for sure as i also need such information )
9-return every thing in reverse order and you only have one more step
10-you need to replace the MID (Multi Information Display) display full size to the MID ccrt which is the half size one
to do so follow these steps:
1-remove A/C vents in the middle with flat screw driver by pulling them down then from the side with the screw slide them one by one out
2-now you will be able to see two screws remove them and remove the frame after that
3-you will see a one screw of the speedometer remove it
4-we move to the steering wheel three screws in the bottom and two screws will only be seen once you move the steering wheel 90 degrees both sides
5-remove the steering wheel leveling stick and ignition plastic then you will be able to pull the covers upper and lower one
6-remve the second screw of the speedometer which is in the middle behind a plastic cover (note i remember reading it would be better not to do this when the car is on as it might activate air bag so be safe better than regretting it later js)
7-now this step is only to avoid breaking anything or taking alot of effort to remove speedometer just open the sunglasses drawer and you will see a screw on the side for more comfortable area remove the cover of the dash on the side now you will be able to get a screw driver easily just loosen up the screw no need to pull out anything
8-carefully attempt to pull the speedometer and try to twist it horizontally towards you
9-remove the MID connector same way we did in the A/C connectors
10-replace the MID after removing the screws a + screw small one is needed for this
11-to save time when you connect the MID put speedometer in it's place check the lights if all is working :)  :y otherwise replace the lights
12-do everything in reverse order and you should have a working display with full function :)

remember if you planning on not changing the connector everything works except the car computer BCM or ECU idk is not able to communicate with the radio and no GSM Features including microphone

will post pictures of the process once i learn the connection needed 

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.