Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Who remembers PC Mark Milton?  (Read 1759 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: Who remembers PC Mark Milton?
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2013, 18:22:18 »

He was driving at speed whilst in pursuit.

We either want our police to seriously try and catch criminals or answer 999 calls with the urgency required, or just doodle along and then being criticised for never catching anyone, let alone arriving when the public expect them to to give aid.

What do we want?

Sorry, but yet another Daily Mail bitch to make a story! ::) ::) ::) ::)

albitz

« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2013, 18:26:40 »

Not sure its within rules/guidelines to drive at 108mph in a 40mph zone even while in pursuit.Maybe some of our resident plodders could inform ?
His original claim to fame was nothing to do with pursuit though.He just took the new toy out to play at 159mph and still got off scot free.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #3 on: 06 April 2013, 18:30:38 »

Not sure its within rules/guidelines to drive at 108mph in a 40mph zone even while in pursuit.Maybe some of our resident plodders could inform ?
His original claim to fame was nothing to do with pursuit though.He just took the new toy out to play at 159mph and still got off scot free.

If they are classified as a "pursuit" qualified driver then they can engage in a fast pursuit, providing the control commander is happy with that after he/she receives all the details about the chase in progress and assesses the risk. If considered to be too much of a danger to the public, the chase is curtailed ;)

albitz

« Reply #4 on: 06 April 2013, 18:32:42 »

Technicaly yes,but I would be surprised if permission was given to drive at 108mph in a 40 zone.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2013, 18:45:26 »

Technicaly yes,but I would be surprised if permission was given to drive at 108mph in a 40 zone.

Yes, it does happen in certain circumstances ;)

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 April 2013, 19:01:10 »

only if  filth!! they do what they want and get away with it
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 April 2013, 19:15:23 »

Oh dear, another non story.

If we want a society where the police sue the victim for walking into an unlit area and tripping, or a police service who aren't allowed to chase criminals, we're going the right way.

We already have a police service that refused to turn up to an armed robbery that my bro had...  ...he was asked to call back once the criminals had gone, so they knew it was safe to come round.

Yeah, there are bad eggs in the police service, but FFS, lets not put more restrictions on them so they can't do their job to the best of their ability. And if that means flat out through a built up area, so be it...   ...I bet the criminals wouldn't slow down, and at least the old bill have blues and twos.
Grumpy old man

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 April 2013, 19:31:36 »

i would be very supprised if they would sanction that speed...in my days of driving an IRV for l.a.s that speed would get you your P 45.....
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #9 on: 06 April 2013, 19:33:08 »

That is offensive Symes, as the vast majority of officers are doing their very best to serve the public.  The "filth" to me are the criminals who ruin lives in their acts of greed and general evil.

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 April 2013, 19:37:37 »

That is offensive Symes, as the vast majority of officers are doing their very best to serve the public.  The "filth" to me are the criminals who ruin lives in their acts of greed and general evil.

lizzie do a freedom of information request as too how many kent police vehicles get taken to court for speeding as a couple years ago out of 427,300 where deemed to be on the way to a 999 call fair enough you might say,out of the remainding 127 only 1 was given 3 points and a £ 60 fine..thats fair is it..??.. no....one rule for plod another for joe public..i can see where symes is coming from
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 April 2013, 19:40:01 »

thats true I you get good and bad -but ones who bend/break rules for their own benefit are!!

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 April 2013, 19:46:04 »

couple of years ago -got stopped in mig-spot check-anyway nothing wrong -all legal like--and while talking to PC man argues with woman -getting loud/abusive I looked so did PC-he got in car and left??- so who's wrong?? I would'nt be a copper for £millions-why spend ages catching criminals only courts to let them go again--our whole legal system sucks and to think not is delusional IMHO :'(

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #13 on: 06 April 2013, 19:57:20 »

lizzie do a freedom of information request as too how many kent police vehicles get taken to court for speeding as a couple years ago out of 427,300 where deemed to be on the way to a 999 call fair enough you might say,out of the remainding 127 only 1 was given 3 points and a £ 60 fine..thats fair is it..??.. no....one rule for plod another for joe public..i can see where symes is coming from

Over what period?  I have been with police patrols when numerous 999 calls have been answered by just the patrol I was with in one night.  All were genuine fast drives to the incident, and every speed camera flash if applicable had to be justified. Apart from that there are all types of event that results in a PC, if qualified, deciding to brake speed limits in the course of their duties that do not conform to a 999 call situation.

To repeat most officers are working hard to protect the public and serve the interests of the honest citizen.  In my experience, the people who call them "the filth" are actually of criminal intent and actions.

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 April 2013, 20:03:38 »

no you have police officers and filththese are the ones who I am on about-shouldnt be in uniform-and I have Full CRB clearance-don't even drink -have just lost complete faith in our legal system does that make me a criminal?? if so then suppose I am.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.