Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: how to parallel park!  (Read 1289 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
how to parallel park!
« on: 02 May 2013, 09:01:03 »

Maybe best to have the sound off if at work .....  ;)  ;)  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tf4TIWECZ30

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: how to parallel park!
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2013, 09:20:43 »

Oh dear.  ::) ::) ;D

Hand / eye coordination not good there is it?  ;D ;D Very polite of the guy that helped her to walk off graciously without making a fuss wasn't it.  ;D ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2013, 09:43:40 »

first question : who the idiot give her license ?

second question : if she's not aware of left direction how the hell she drives in traffic ?

third question : why the owner of black car driver didnt help ?  ???

I have been witnessing these kind of bad woman drivers in job everyday and most of the time I go down and park them.. but must admit never seen such a bad example  :(

from the comments someone thinks thats spoof ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2013, 11:42:32 »

first question : who the idiot give her license ?  The CIA. Obviously

second question : if she's not aware of left direction how the hell she drives in traffic ? Assumption based on toffee

third question : why the owner of black car driver didnt help ?  ??? ¿Que?

I have been witnessing these kind of bad woman drivers in job everyday and most of the time I go down and park them.. but must admit never seen such a bad example  :(  FFS  >:( It's the 21st century and women are legally allowed the freedom to do everything that men can do, including vote, drive, hold bank accounts, own property and hold positions of authority. Get over it.

This was discussed on Jeremy Vine on Tuesday, and the same types of comments were made then. If I ever meet that self abusing London taxi driver that was interviewed as an excuse for a professional driver, then he might need a straw to eat >:( I did text in as much, but because texting is considered 'so last week', all the comments came from shwitter and faceplant >:(

Maybe she only passed her test on Monday.

Maybe she has never parallel parked on the right hand side before.

Maybe she has had a licence for forty years, but her husband always drove. But he passed away last month and that was the first day that she has been out in the car by herself.

Is it just me, or are people losing their minds because the internet has removed the capability of rational and independent thought :-\

She was determined to park that car in that space, and persevered until she did. Fair play to her for that :y
« Last Edit: 02 May 2013, 11:57:01 by ex taxi al »

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2013, 12:46:16 »

At least she did park it-might have taken ages-but she stuck to it and succeeded  :y :y :y
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2013, 12:51:50 »

She was determined to park that car in that space, and persevered until she did. Fair play to her for that :y

..... and I've seen abandoned cars better parked than when she'd eventually had had enough  ;)  ;)  ;)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #6 on: 02 May 2013, 13:29:18 »

first question : who the idiot give her license ?  The CIA. Obviously  bollix

second question : if she's not aware of left direction how the hell she drives in traffic ? Assumption based on toffee

no assumption , obvously she forgot the left direction during maneuvers

third question : why the owner of black car driver didnt help ?  ??? ¿Que? 

I have been witnessing these kind of bad woman drivers in job everyday and most of the time I go down and park them.. but must admit never seen such a bad example  :(  FFS  >:( It's the 21st century and women are legally allowed the freedom to do everything that men can do, including vote, drive, hold bank accounts, own property and hold positions of authority. Get over it. 

who said I cant accept it.. did you know how much I spend for my wife to get license just to bring her papers from abroad >:(

This was discussed on Jeremy Vine on Tuesday, and the same types of comments were made then. If I ever meet that self abusing London taxi driver that was interviewed as an excuse for a professional driver, then he might need a straw to eat >:( I did text in as much, but because texting is considered 'so last week', all the comments came from shwitter and faceplant >:(

Maybe she only passed her test on Monday.

back to basics again.. who approved that test

Maybe she has never parallel parked on the right hand side before.

she must be aware that one day she has to.. and should have worked on it

Maybe she has had a licence for forty years, but her husband always drove. But he passed away last month and that was the first day that she has been out in the car by herself.

then why not ask help from people instead of hitting others cars

Is it just me, or are people losing their minds because the internet has removed the capability of rational and independent thought :-\

rational ??? ? she made the same manuver for an hour and didnt think to turn the steering to the other side just for one time..

and you ask me why threads turn to arguments ::)

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 May 2013, 13:31:29 »

oh so true cem :y :y

05omegav6

« Reply #8 on: 02 May 2013, 14:15:12 »

Right, more or less in order ::)

Unless you take your test in a van, all the reversing manoeuvres are done to the left.

She can obviously drive to some degree, otherwise she would never have got off the drive.

People don't always think 'I must learn that because one day it might be useful...' For example, I have never learnt how to wire up a satellite because I don't envisage ever having the need to.

As for asking for help, people are often embarrassed to the point of stubborness.

I never said her behaviour was rational, merely observing that not one person has, either on the video or since, commented that there are many valid reasons for this situation. Simply repeating that 'it's a female driver, and therefore can't drive/park/fix things' is mindless crap spouted from people incapable of independent and rational thought.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #9 on: 02 May 2013, 14:37:43 »

Right, more or less in order ::)

Unless you take your test in a van, all the reversing manoeuvres are done to the left.

watch the video carefully ,  she definitely forget the left steering maneuver when reversing ::)

She can obviously drive to some degree, otherwise she would never have got off the drive.

People don't always think 'I must learn that because one day it might be useful...' For example, I have never learnt how to wire up a satellite because I don't envisage ever having the need to.

satellite subject completely irrelevant :P   unless you live on a mountain , you have to learn parking.. thats the #1 priority in city..

As for asking for help, people are often embarrassed to the point of stubborness.

civilized people would prefer asking for help other than damaging other cars.. and also civilized people must offer help contrary to the behaviour of black car owner..

I never said her behaviour was rational, merely observing that not one person has, either on the video or since, commented that there are many valid reasons for this situation. Simply repeating that 'it's a female driver, and therefore can't drive/park/fix things' is mindless crap spouted from people incapable of independent and rational thought.

its a known fact that high percentage of female drivers have parking ability problems..  so you cant blame them..

05omegav6

« Reply #10 on: 02 May 2013, 14:44:39 »

Men can be just as stupid behind the wheel ::)

Driving an artic tother day, a man tried to overtake me coming off a roundabout. Suffice to say he ended up on the central reservation.

Would you be so quick to criticise if it was your mother/sister/daughter/gran/wife :-\ somehow I doubt it ::)

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 May 2013, 14:47:52 »

Well i know I did'nt criticize anyone-so I am innocent-makes a change eh :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #12 on: 02 May 2013, 14:49:59 »

Men can be just as stupid behind the wheel ::)

Driving an artic tother day, a man tried to overtake me coming off a roundabout. Suffice to say he ended up on the central reservation.

Would you be so quick to criticise if it was your mother/sister/daughter/gran/wife :-\ somehow I doubt it ::)

dont doubt it.. truth is truth.. if they couldnt drive, I would told them directly which I did many times..  ;D

driving errors is another subject that most of us make.. but inability to drive can never be cured.. :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #13 on: 02 May 2013, 14:59:09 »

Put your spoon away you ;D

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 May 2013, 15:03:08 »

Put your spoon away you ;D
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.