Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 18595 times)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit
« Reply #60 on: 20 March 2019, 10:50:42 »

So May is going to ask for a short extension.

I cannothelp but think this is all scripted and pre agreed with the EU.

The crucial date is end of June. To avoid European elections.

Come he end of June and we have a further but longer  extension because surprise surprise we havent agreed diddly squat, we will still be at n the EU but have no representation. I suppose that matters not to the remain at any cost brigade.

What a mess

I believe that the whole stramash has been orchestrated , choreographed and directed by the eu from the evening of the referendum.
If you stand back and observe it from day one it's almost impossible to believe that so many mistakes, lost opportunities, poor judgement, lack of understanding and simple incompetance could be forthcoming from so many people charged with negotiating a dignified exit .
I now believe the eu is a much more darker, sinister and dangerous organisation than ever, they knew exactly what had/has be done to beat the vexatious UK into submission and set the plan into motion immediatley.
It has been proven on more than one past occassion that when a "democratic" vote goes against their wishes they simply ignore it ,issue an edit and have it repeated to produce the required result.
Joe Public (not a known OOF member name admin...) is a greater cretin than I ever considered.

STEMO

« Reply #61 on: 20 March 2019, 11:21:37 »

So May is going to ask for a short extension.

I cannothelp but think this is all scripted and pre agreed with the EU.

The crucial date is end of June. To avoid European elections.

Come he end of June and we have a further but longer  extension because surprise surprise we havent agreed diddly squat, we will still be at n the EU but have no representation. I suppose that matters not to the remain at any cost brigade.

What a mess
I was listening to the idiot, left wing Campbell (Nicky) on radio five this morning, and one of the people in the know told him that we cannot, by law, be part of the EU without representation in the EU parliament. I still have a small amount of hope that it could all go wrong for the snowflakes, and we will crash out without a deal.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 20 March 2019, 12:18:25 »

Brexiteers are between a rock and a hard place.

They could be forced to decide between a TM brino or 'no deal'.........if so they will vote for Brino. :-X

an extension could well end in a second referendum, or an even softer Brino, or deciding we remain in the EU. ::)

I think we are f*cked. :-X

STEMO

« Reply #63 on: 20 March 2019, 12:21:55 »

They could be forced to decide between a TM brino or 'no deal'.........if so they will vote for Brino. :-X

an extension could well end in a second referendum, or an even softer Brino, or deciding we remain in the EU. ::)

We are not necessarily f*cked, but both of the main political parties certainly could end up that way. A huge political vacuum will have to be filled after this is all done and dusted and, if I ever bother to vote again, it will be for the extreme right wing party that I hope emerges from the ashes.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 20 March 2019, 12:36:18 »

We are not necessarily f*cked, but both of the main political parties certainly could end up that way. A huge political vacuum will have to be filled after this is all done and dusted and, if I ever bother to vote again, it will be for the extreme right wing party that I hope emerges from the ashes.

Is this wise?.......... ::) ::)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 20 March 2019, 12:49:58 »

Whatever could go wrong there? ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 20 March 2019, 12:59:01 »

Whatever could go wrong there? ::)

In Barnsley in might not make much difference........the whippet will still get walked. :)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 20 March 2019, 13:25:21 »

Whatever could go wrong there that hasn't already ? ::)

FTFY

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 20 March 2019, 14:49:21 »

I was listening to the idiot, left wing Campbell (Nicky) on radio five this morning, and one of the people in the know told him that we cannot, by law, be part of the EU without representation in the EU parliament. I still have a small amount of hope that it could all go wrong for the snowflakes, and we will crash out without a deal.

Interesting choice of words.

Courtesy Wikipedia:
Snowflake: [Person displaying] an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are over-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

As far as I can work out, we're replete with snowflakes on both sides of this argument. There's the "I didn't like the answer so let's run the referendum again" snowflakes and the "why didn't our politicians get me what I was promised, I want my lovely diamond encrusted leave deal" snowflakes on the other.

;D

STEMO

« Reply #69 on: 20 March 2019, 15:12:04 »

Interesting choice of words.

Courtesy Wikipedia:
Snowflake: [Person displaying] an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are over-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

As far as I can work out, we're replete with snowflakes on both sides of this argument. There's the "I didn't like the answer so let's run the referendum again" snowflakes and the "why didn't our politicians get me what I was promised, I want my lovely diamond encrusted leave deal" snowflakes on the other.

;D
Pah! What does Wikipedia know? A snowflake is someone who doesn't agree with me.  >:(

;D ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 20 March 2019, 15:24:53 »

I don't think most sane folk expected a diamond encrusted leave deal.

There is a huge difference between negotiating a hard deal and tackling arising issues head on TO rolling over and following the EU script.  Ironic isn't it that we may have a no deal exit and yet no one countenanced that all along. In fact some morons wanted it removing as a bargaining tool. We might have had a better deal if we had whacked the table earlier on with no deal every time the EU trotted out its pre ordained script.

I watched an item on Euronews (not surprisingly yet another pro EU media) this a.m. It was a Danish farmer explain why after Brexit bacon won't feature on UK full English breakfasts. I would have loved to ask:

Do you really think Brits would stop buying bacon?

You wouldn't be allowed to sell bacon to the UK?

If there was a bacon shortage presumably the UK would be in a position to turn set aside land into pig production with appropriate grants and assistance.

Did anyone see that an ad had been pulled from TV for "get a loan from someone like "Quid Quick Now" to fund your Brexit stockpiling. Quite right. Apparently 1 in 5 people in the Uk are stockpiling for Brexit. Anyone actually know anyone doing this?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 20 March 2019, 15:26:11 »

I believe that the full expression is "Whiny leftie millennial snowflake"

But apparently that falls into the realms of stereotyping and picking on them for their shortcomings...  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #72 on: 20 March 2019, 15:30:46 »

But apparently that falls into the realms of stereotyping and picking on them for their shortcomings...  ::)
Shortcomings? Some of them are proud to be described that way.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 20 March 2019, 15:31:24 »

I don't think most sane folk expected a diamond encrusted leave deal.

There is a huge difference between negotiating a hard deal and tackling arising issues head on TO rolling over and following the EU script.  Ironic isn't it that we may have a no deal exit and yet no one countenanced that all along. In fact some morons wanted it removing as a bargaining tool. We might have had a better deal if we had whacked the table earlier on with no deal every time the EU trotted out its pre ordained script.

I watched an item on Euronews (not surprisingly yet another pro EU media) this a.m. It was a Danish farmer explain why after Brexit bacon won't feature on UK full English breakfasts. I would have loved to ask:

Do you really think Brits would stop buying bacon?

You wouldn't be allowed to sell bacon to the UK?

If there was a bacon shortage presumably the UK would be in a position to turn set aside land into pig production with appropriate grants and assistance.

Did anyone see that an ad had been pulled from TV for "get a loan from someone like "Quid Quick Now" to fund your Brexit stockpiling. Quite right. Apparently 1 in 5 people in the Uk are stockpiling for Brexit. Anyone actually know anyone doing this?
It was set out in black and white when A50 was invoked that the EU could and would not negotiate any post Brexit positions with a current (soon to be ex) member state. Their position in the 'negotiations' since then hasn't changed. No deal was the only outcome. The only surprising thing is that our government has yet to realise this.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 20 March 2019, 15:32:00 »

Shortcomings? Some of them are proud to be described that way.
I never suggested that they were bright :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.