Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A very easy mistake to make....  (Read 2376 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: A very easy mistake to make....
« Reply #15 on: 28 March 2019, 02:55:35 »

Ryanair had a little dig at BA about this on Twitter but got their fingers burnt!  ;D

Linky
Quite right too ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 March 2019, 06:48:16 »

All this talk about an airliner being flown in the wrong direction reminded me of various WW2 accounts of bombers doing this. During my quick 'research' to find the precise details of these flights I came across this:
https://medium.com/s/story/the-long-way-round-the-plane-that-accidentally-circumnavigated-the-world-c04ca734c6bb

Quick amazing.  Ok it was in many ways planned because of the risks post Pearl Harbour, but imagine being a passenger finding yourself going on such a fantastic flight instead of the expected 'hop' to where you wanted to get to! :o :D ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 March 2019, 10:19:39 »

All this talk about an airliner being flown in the wrong direction reminded me of various WW2 accounts of bombers doing this. During my quick 'research' to find the precise details of these flights I came across this:
https://medium.com/s/story/the-long-way-round-the-plane-that-accidentally-circumnavigated-the-world-c04ca734c6bb

Quick amazing.  Ok it was in many ways planned because of the risks post Pearl Harbour, but imagine being a passenger finding yourself going on such a fantastic flight instead of the expected 'hop' to where you wanted to get to! :o :D ;)

I went to a lecture a couple of weeks back by Roger Beazley who was Head of Experimental Flying at RAE Farnborough. He spoke of a similar trip in the early 90's in the RAE's Comet 4 that started off as a simple flight with some research boffins in the back and ended up mission-creeping into a round the world flight!

That was quite an epic tale and a reminder that, whilst airliners might all look the same, they've come on a bit in capability since thise days, and a flying boat is an order of magnitude more primitive still!
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.