Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tow bar question  (Read 442 times)

05omegav6

Tow bar question
« on: 06 November 2011, 15:42:37 »

I got rear ended by two cars on the M25 yesterday. >:( >:(

First car, an MX5, almost stopped and banged in to the towball and was about a second later it was shunted by a 61 plate C Class.

The bumper and crash bar, along with its brackets, are donald. Rear panel and rear wings appear unaffected.

The tow ball and towbar cross member took the bulk of the impact. The cross member appears to have twisted and the tow ball is now pointing towards the bumper, rather than being vertical. The towbar brackets themselves appear true. The two bolts on each end of the cross member have moved about 1mm.

Is the crossmember in any way adjustable or should the whole assembley be replaced? I believe the tow bar to be a factory fitted one and is fixed rather than detatchable.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Tow bar question
« Reply #1 on: 06 November 2011, 16:57:02 »

To save cross-posting I'll do it here... Sounds exactly like my witter one. You might get away with just replacing the cross member and tow ball but I doubt it will be any cheaper than the full towbar kit ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 06 November 2011, 17:06:19 »

Ta for that :y. Someone else should be picking up the bill, was wondering if that was viable from a safety point of view :-\  Just because the rear panel etc look ok, I can't guarantee that the tow bar mounts are unaffected.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 November 2011, 17:42:56 »

Ta for that :y. Someone else should be picking up the bill, was wondering if that was viable from a safety point of view :-\  Just because the rear panel etc look ok, I can't guarantee that the tow bar mounts are unaffected.
Give the boot floor a good, thorough check... That's where any damage is likely to show ;) ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 06 November 2011, 17:49:47 »

Looks ok, but it was exactly a mirror before :-X

I've had a look underneath and had the carpet out. The towbar, crash bar and bumper appear to be it. :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.