Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Facelift AirCon unit - Replacing worn buttons  (Read 6805 times)

SJKOO01

Facelift AirCon unit - Replacing worn buttons
« on: 03 September 2010, 20:44:57 »

Hopefully this is helpful ‘How to’ for those of you wanting to replace the AirCon buttons, or simply need to take it apart for some other reason ?.  :y

In this case the buttons have already been removed, and replaced for the owner.
However, I’m using the photos I took, as I thought it maybe of some use to others out there thinking it’s a complicated to do ?.  It’s not, so take a look and see how easy it is.

One thing that I’ll stress now is, that the securing tabs are easily broken if your heavy handed, so the best advice to start off with is, take your time, and “carefully” ease them away from the locking pin / post.  When you do the job, you’ll understand what I mean.

Ease off the x3 locking tabs on the top of the aircon unit, then both end tabs, and finally the x2 on the bottom of the unit.
The front cover will come off, though it will drop off, it may take one or two goes to get everything unlocked without breaking any tabs.  It shouldn’t have any glue securing the front cover, unless the previous owner has glued it because they’ve broken off the tabs ?!!.

You’ll need to then carefully unplug the multi-plug from the cream colour plug on the control unit itself.  Try to pull it off by holding it in the middle of the plug, so that you pull the plug off evenly, and try not to bend any of the little pins in the socket !.

There are only x2 screws holding the control board in the front cover (A blue), the other two securing parts are simple locating pegs to help locate the unit when it was initially manufactured (circled yellow).  Very handy when you come to replace the control board though.
Those small tabs circled red are the most difficult to to carefully move out of the way.  The best way to do this is, put a wide flat blade thin screwdriver under the middle (where the letter 'B' is), and carefully twist it a little, so that the board control board moves up a little, and clears the locking tabs enough to then move back out towards you.  Be gently pushing on the buttons to help move it help should help you out to.

Once you’ve removed the control board, it’s then just a case of pulling the old defaced buttons off the rubber / gel mounting points.  They shouldn’t be glued on, so if it’s never been taken off before, there’s no problem.  And I would recommend that you don’t glue the new one’s back on either, as should you need to replace them at a later date, then you’ll be cursing !!.

Then, once the new buttons are on, it’s just a case of put it back together in reverse !!.  :y
« Last Edit: 15 September 2010, 20:44:39 by jimbob »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.