Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: F1 (no spoiler)  (Read 1092 times)

STEMO

F1 (no spoiler)
« on: 30 June 2019, 19:10:25 »

Todays race shows how good the young drivers are now. Better than the average race.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: F1 (no spoiler)
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2019, 21:12:41 »

Yes. Enjoyed it. :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2019, 23:50:00 »

The bloke who finished second didn't enjoy it much though.  ;D Serves him right, hes almost French.  :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 July 2019, 12:21:08 »

The bloke who finished second didn't enjoy it much though.  ;D Serves him right, hes almost French.  :D

and driving a Ferrari, so well deserved.  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 July 2019, 13:39:10 »

Plus, he whinged about getting overtaken, which makes me doubt he is the future of F1 as the commentators claim.
Time will tell I suppose.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 July 2019, 17:51:55 »

Another dull race with false overtaking.

I note the stewards didn't even investigate when Vettel pulled the same stunt on Norris. But deliberated for hours when Vers did it to Leclerc.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 01 July 2019, 18:07:07 »

Another dull race with false overtaking.

I note the stewards didn't even investigate when Vettel pulled the same stunt on Norris. But deliberated for hours when Vers did it to Leclerc.
You've got to have 'false' overtaking while all of the cars are built to exactly the same specifications. So what do we do? If we let the teams build the car any way they want, then the team(s) with the money win every race, without even a hope of any competition.
But let's face it, we're almost there with Mercedes and Ferrari anyway.
Perhaps 'nudging' your opponent or cutting him up would liven things up.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 July 2019, 18:16:44 »

The problem isn't all the cars being built to exactly the same spec. That's what constitutes a Formula. The problems are caused by the aerodynamics making it difficult for them to run in close proximity to one another, Having crazy tyre rules, engine and component life rules and fuel efficiency rules, all of which mean they cant actually most spend the race actually racing.
They have attempted to overcome this by introducing nonsense such as DRS, which leaves the driver in front defenceless no matter how talented he is, and brought the world of Walt Disney to F1.
F1 is in a complete mess currently and getting worse. Its only saving grace for me is Hamilton. Im a big fan of the lad, and when he is finished with it, I probably will be too.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 July 2019, 18:28:42 »

And it should be 2hrs of hell for leather non stop racing.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 July 2019, 20:37:34 »

Exactly, but all the above and more, mean this just cant happen. Hamilton has said that the proposed new rules coming down the pipeline will make it even worse, so he has asked to be involved so that they have input from a real racer. We shall see.  ::)

Getting back to the original discussion - Verstappen is obviously a real talent with a lot of natural speed and the hunger to win which real racers have, but he is a bit clumsy when dicing with other drivers. He lacks the sublime finesse of Hamilton for example.
Hes young though, and has plenty of time to develop, and will more than likely be the successor to Hamilton in the not too distant future.
His pass yesterday was probably a bit clumsy, but didn't deserve punishment. He doesn't ram anyone off the track who happens to get in his way, as Schumacher used to do (and get away with) for many years.
« Last Edit: 01 July 2019, 20:44:18 by Migv6 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.