Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Front Drop Links  (Read 6620 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Front Drop Links
« Reply #45 on: 20 July 2019, 07:57:44 »

I Agree with cam.in.head & johnnydog  :y
I have a hoard some stock of parts  ;D
and some parts have become hard to get for Omega ,vented rear brake rattle springs ,level sensors to name 2  ::)
I have many spares , e.g . brake pads ,drop links, spare mirrors and mirror glasses for much of the fleet
a used omega mirror can be had for £20 now, peanuts compared to what the will cost when there is  "the 10 Omegas that are 40 years old"
plus ,if they get damaged, i go to the hoard and get one,fit it , not wait 7 days for one to get delivered  ;D
though I should get rid of some old stock like astra G parts (only 2 remain on the fleet) and carlton parts (none on the fleet)  :P

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 20 July 2019, 08:52:06 »

I still have some parts for cars I've previously owned-some of which were donated[e.g. all 3 pieces of n/s window glass for a Senator B]while I owned them.Then there are some that are "curiosities"[e.g. a brand new grille never fitted to a car for a MkIII Cavalier]which I've no idea where they came from or how I acquired them-certainly not bought them-for cars which I've never owned and have no intention of buying ???

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 20 July 2019, 10:02:39 »

I have a brand new, boxed and unused radiator for a Carlton in a safe place in my garage - maybe I could get some pennies for it?

Ron.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 20 July 2019, 10:17:02 »

I have a brand new, boxed and unused radiator for a Carlton in a safe place in my garage - maybe I could get some pennies for it?

Ron.
there are many different Carlton rads , engine size, auto or manual box plus oil cooler locations
search Ebay to find what similar have sold for
Assuming you are not going to buy another Carlton  ;D
may as well sell it and invest the cash wisely ,or just put fuel in that thirsty Omega  ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 20 July 2019, 10:50:26 »

Ron.

This is what Ebay is useful for. Procedure is:

List your item with as much detail as possible including clear photos, part numbers and what it fits.
Put a low reserve on it.
Ensure that you are charging enough postage. Check, don't guess!!!
If it sells, you're good. Hopefully it sells for more than the reserve.
If it's a new part, relist it a couple of weeks later.
If it doesn't sell then bin it as you've undoubtedly got better things to do with the space.

Yes, I've done this. After 10(11? 12?) Capris I had a large stash of parts; some new, some used, some that had been replaced or upgraded, some rare. When I realised that I wasn't going to own another, I sorted through them. Some was obvious junk - keeping the wornout parts that I had replaced was a stupid thing to do. They got binned without a second thought. As did useable parts that were readily available - they're not worth the time unless you can get one person to collect them ALL. Good luck with that, it's easier for you to deliver them on your own unicorn. I gave other bits away to people I knew needed/wanted(NOT the same thing!) them.

I sold a load of stuff, mostly for more than I'd paid for it, although that didn't count storage. Renting storage is expensive! Filling your own storage with stuff that doesn't move for years is stupid because you could be using that space for stuff that matters - tools to complete your existing projects would be my recommendation.

What remained went to the tip. Good riddance to it. And I still think that several years later when I see what that stuff is worth now - tired Pintos and Type 9 gearboxes for example.

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 21 July 2019, 19:09:08 »

Oh yes we have all done this. Thrown away stuff or not even kept certain bits at all and sent cars to scrap .then years later some bits become as rare as hens teeth.obviously it's a case of where to stop,etc .
For example cavalier / manta wings used to be £27 each pattern.they were pretty good fit too. Now they would be selling at £100 each a pop easily if you could find them .or more.
Omegas might be classed as throwaway cars now but so would Morris minors and the like back in the day .all cars can be made to last forever if you wish and modern cars like the omega do not rust in any significant way compared to cars from pre 80's.
So that bit of them is not a major issue but finding certain parts will be eventually.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.