Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Any north west peoples  (Read 23835 times)

frostbite

• Roanapur City aka Skem
    • 00' e46 325i se
    • View Profile
Any north west peoples
« on: 04 October 2016, 13:30:56 »

Are there any meets up here, since I moved from dover the kent meets are booming  :'(

e46 325i se - 1.8vvti avensis liftback

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
Re: Any north west peoples
« Reply #1 on: 04 October 2016, 15:41:47 »

Hi Frostbite,
Can that be entirely coincidence, I wonder? ::)
Seriously, we don't seem to have much activity up here which is probably due to nobody having the time to organise things. I would certainly support meets in the North West if someone wants to do the donkey work, and I should think there are enough members/interested ex. members to make it feasible.
Don't suppose it's something you would fancy doing?
Cheers,
Bill.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 October 2016, 17:52:25 »

Weve done a few in the Chester area in the past....maybe its time to judge current interest.....

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 October 2016, 21:17:08 »

I'd be up for a North West meet, no problem!
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 October 2016, 22:55:13 »

I'm a New member, over in Miseryside (Formby), used to work in Skem, but now work in Derby. (I bought an MV6, to make the commute less miserable).
Would I be up for a meet ? Not sure.  Maybe.   

hoj

• Intermediate Member
  • BURY
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 October 2016, 19:40:31 »

I'd go
3.2 Elite in Oyster

dave-b

• Wigan, Lancs.
    • Elite 3.0 F/L
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 October 2016, 21:26:11 »

I'd be up for a North West meet, no problem!
Well, I suppose I could come with him, as long as it didn't clash with our Triumph club meetings.  :-\

Automaticman

• Neston
  • Saxwood
    • Frontera V6 Omega V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 January 2018, 23:46:44 »

Count us in  :y
When ya wanna shoot, shoot, dont talk !

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 January 2018, 09:37:55 »

count me in as well  :y

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 January 2018, 21:39:17 »

I'm not sure I can be bothered to be honest. A load of fat balding middle aged anoraks with borderline aspergers, meeting up with strangers off the internet?

Now if you'd all like to come around and help with a cam belt change on a 3.2, I'm sure my wife would be prepared to allow use of the kettle.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 January 2018, 23:55:31 »

I'm not sure I can be bothered to be honest. A load of fat balding middle aged anoraks with borderline aspergers, meeting up with strangers off the internet?

If you joined a classic car club, and then went to one of their monthly meeting or car club shows, wouldn't you be meeting up with strangers the first time you went?
There is a saying somewhere - 'We're not strangers, just friends you've never met....'

Mutha Jugs n Speed

• Intermediate Member
  • Out there?
    • Nosey aint'cha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 January 2018, 11:38:28 »

By pre profiling people that you have never met isn't going to get you very far in the joining in stakes,I bothered to join the AutoBahnstormers of which there is a broad spectrum of ages and body mass indexes, and as far as I know there aren't 'borderline' fruit loops in our local membership.I can also confirm that many of them are knowledgable,capable owners who have spent many hours/money spannering on their cars and are happy to bring their cars to the shows and meets to raise money for the various charities etc. Perhaps a reboot on your thinking as to why we give up our time and money to own cars that bring in large crowds at any of the venues we attend.....BTW we don't wear anoraks nor do we talk about cars all the time,also subject matter is everything but cars usually. ::)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 January 2018, 13:07:07 »

By pre profiling people that you have never met isn't going to get you very far in the joining in stakes,I bothered to join the AutoBahnstormers of which there is a broad spectrum of ages and body mass indexes, and as far as I know there aren't 'borderline' fruit loops in our local membership.I can also confirm that many of them are knowledgable,capable owners who have spent many hours/money spannering on their cars and are happy to bring their cars to the shows and meets to raise money for the various charities etc. Perhaps a reboot on your thinking as to why we give up our time and money to own cars that bring in large crowds at any of the venues we attend.....BTW we don't wear anoraks nor do we talk about cars all the time,also subject matter is everything but cars usually. ::)

That's because lots of them haven't met me ken.. :D
Hoof'land storeman.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 January 2018, 13:20:51 »

Myself and 'dave b' on here are also both in a classic Triumph club, and I agree with this ^^^ totally. I have been a member of it for 32 years, and Dave isn't far behind, so it can't be all that bad...... 

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 January 2018, 19:10:47 »

It may help if you define an area[say a county] and then pick places[from suggestions]of interest to meet up in various locations in that area then the meeting place would move so it wasn't always the same people travelling many miles while others were always just around the corner.Places of interest could also then carry the swmbo vote and thus more people attending?Settle on a frequency for such meetings[once a month/bi-monthly/whatever]dates could either "fixed" or be randomly selected,and make sure others from outside the "Northwest" are welcome to attend if they so wish and give that a try,it would just need someone to step up to the plate as organiser.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.