Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nissan Micra suspension  (Read 2089 times)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
Nissan Micra suspension
« on: 26 February 2018, 14:10:27 »

Hi all...
Just bought swmbo a little Micra for shopping purposes. However, I was conned, as when the dealer showed us the paperwork, I saw an MOT which had no advisories. I never actually handled it. We picked the car up and he gave us all the paperwork in a plastic folder.
Ironically, looking at a thread here about recalls, I put the reg in and it came up showing the MOT with a shedload of advisories. So I checked the folder, and sure enough, hidden in the service book, was the MOT along with the old clear MOT.
Obviously can't do anything about it, his word against mine. This will teach me to check online before purchase in future.

One of the advisories is lower suspension bushes deteriorated but not excessive, I assume these are wishbones. How hard are they to do and what cost.
It also said all coil springs were corroded. What is involved in that.
There were tyre faults but I was going to put tyres on it anyway.
I will say, the garage that MOT'd it is notorious for not letting anything through and faulting stuff that never appears on future MOT's. :(
Its a Micra 1.2 cva viasa 2011
TIA :y
« Last Edit: 26 February 2018, 14:14:35 by terbert »
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Nissan Micra suspension
« Reply #1 on: 26 February 2018, 14:15:31 »

If He is a Dealer take the car back for refund and explain why, if He wont play ball get Trading Standards involved, they do a quiet a few visit to Second Hand Car Merchants believe it or not.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 February 2018, 17:20:02 »

Hi all...
Just bought swmbo a little Micra for shopping purposes. However, I was conned, as when the dealer showed us the paperwork, I saw an MOT which had no advisories. I never actually handled it. We picked the car up and he gave us all the paperwork in a plastic folder.
Ironically, looking at a thread here about recalls, I put the reg in and it came up showing the MOT with a shedload of advisories. So I checked the folder, and sure enough, hidden in the service book, was the MOT along with the old clear MOT.
Obviously can't do anything about it, his word against mine. This will teach me to check online before purchase in future.

One of the advisories is lower suspension bushes deteriorated but not excessive, I assume these are wishbones. How hard are they to do and what cost.
It also said all coil springs were corroded. What is involved in that.
There were tyre faults but I was going to put tyres on it anyway.
I will say, the garage that MOT'd it is notorious for not letting anything through and faulting stuff that never appears on future MOT's. :(
Its a Micra 1.2 cva viasa 2011
TIA :y

Advisories are just that,its mostly ass covering for the tester,if it was bad it would have failed :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 February 2018, 17:25:55 »

Advisories are just that,its mostly ass covering for the tester,if it was bad it would have failed :y

Indeed. The same car will get a load one day and none the next depending on the tester, his frame of mind and whether he's thinking he should sprinkle a few advisories in to make it look like he's thorough.

I wouldn't worry too much - unless you're looking for a reason to give it back? If the seller described it as having been MOT'd with no advisories, for example, I'd say you've got a pretty good case.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 26 February 2018, 18:00:09 »

Also, some testers like VOSA to see a few fails. One garage local to me fails lots of cars on headlight aim. He 'adjusts' it and you get a pass.
No charge.  ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 February 2018, 18:45:09 »

Also, some testers like VOSA to see a few fails. One garage local to me fails lots of cars on headlight aim. He 'adjusts' it and you get a pass.

I believe some testers fail for air fresheners too ...... ::) ::) ::)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 February 2018, 18:51:48 »

35 thousand Posts Andy!  ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 February 2018, 19:16:00 »

What?  ???  ???   ::)  ;)
« Last Edit: 26 February 2018, 19:19:46 by Andy B »

aaronjb

« Reply #8 on: 27 February 2018, 08:11:03 »

What?  ???  ???   ::)  ;)

They don't come back, either, you know!

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 February 2018, 09:35:48 »

I once took a car for an MOT, and there were two ramps for this purpose. How it happened, I don't know, but when I collected the car, there was list of advisories which I knew couldn't have related to my car. It transpired that the tester had inadvertently put the advisories from the other vehicle being tested onto my car.
When I objected, initially he said, 'Don't worry, they are only advisories, it's not a fail'. When I said I wanted my MOT with no advisories as it should have been, he disappeared and came back with a new certificate with no advisories on it for my car.
I later did a check on the VOSA site, and the advisories were still recorded against my car, and I understand they can't be removed once recorded, even if in error. But how did he manage to print the replacement 'clear' certificate?
I was a bit miffed, as it could have affected any subsequent sale of the car. Plus, it sounded a bit dodgy to me...
Needless to say, I never went back there, but I did manage to sell the car some time later without these 'non existant advisories' affecting the sale.
But it's not the point....

As regards your car, if you want to keep it, I'd push for a partial refund, especially if you bought it on the understanding there were no advisories.
For me, I'd return the vehicle and want a refund. Being a trader, he won't want Trading Standards and VOSA being involved. If he has reprinted the MOT somehow to show no advisories, he doesn't sound a particularly honest trader.
It's not as if there aren't any other Micras for sale....
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 February 2018, 13:46:18 »

Indeed. The same car will get a load one day and none the next depending on the tester, his frame of mind and whether he's thinking he should sprinkle a few advisories in to make it look like he's thorough.

I wouldn't worry too much - unless you're looking for a reason to give it back? If the seller described it as having been MOT'd with no advisories, for example, I'd say you've got a pretty good case.
In the past I have seen certain Advisories on one year's MOT miraculously disappear the following Year and in some cases never to be seen again, despite no action being taken on the original Advisories and its been tested by the same Tester. Strange that  :D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 February 2018, 15:08:14 »

Those are normal arse-covering advisories from a basic visual inspection. If you looking, you'll almost certainly find some slightly flaky paint on the springs, and compression marks on the visual rubber parts of the bushes.  As long as the car drives OK, they're not worth worrying about.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.