Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A heartwarming story......  (Read 2127 times)

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
A heartwarming story......
« on: 09 August 2006, 18:08:54 »

Having read the thread on markie's nicked Rover, it was heartwarming to read in todays paper that a guy in a microlite spotted his mate's caravan being nicked from a caravan park. He followed them in the air for 10 miles while relaying his position to his mate by mobile phone. His mate then passed the info on to plod who promptly caught and arrested the scumbags - how cool's that 8-) Nice to see justice done for once [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Markie - if you're reading this, you'll have to invest in a microlite ;)

I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
Re: A heartwarming story......
« Reply #1 on: 09 August 2006, 18:13:13 »

Having read the thread on markie's nicked Rover, it was heartwarming to read in todays paper that a guy in a microlite spotted his mate's caravan being nicked from a caravan park. He followed them in the air for 10 miles while relaying his position to his mate by mobile phone. His mate then passed the info on to plod who promptly caught and arrested the scumbags - how cool's that 8-) Nice to see justice done for once [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Markie - if you're reading this, you'll have to invest in a microlite ;)

And when you do Mark, i'll have a go at flying it.  ;)

Cool story though, imagine how the blaggers felt when they found out how they'd been caught. Priceless.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
« Last Edit: 09 August 2006, 18:13:29 by Kev »
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #2 on: 09 August 2006, 19:22:56 »

thats a brilliant story guys - looks like the police need them too  :o

Kev you fly and i will chuck old brake discs from a great height  ;D
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 August 2006, 19:42:10 »

thats a brilliant story guys - looks like the police need them too  :o

Kev you fly and i will chuck old brake discs from a great height  ;D
LOL.  ;D
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 August 2006, 20:58:42 »

Having read the thread on markie's nicked Rover, it was heartwarming to read in todays paper that a guy in a microlite spotted his mate's caravan being nicked from a caravan park. He followed them in the air for 10 miles while relaying his position to his mate by mobile phone......
It's shame he wasn't carrying the odd bomb or 3. [size=14]Bombs away! [/size] :o

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 August 2006, 23:29:42 »

Once upon a time I dealt with a 7490 kg tipper lorry filled with stones which had been stolen.  

Unfortunately for the thieves, there was a leak in the double doors to the rear of the tipper and, like a fairy tale, there was a trail of stone chippings as fallen from the lorry, all the way from the quarry.  

It led for 22 miles - around roundabouts, junctions, over bumps, through rural town centres etc - and, like the best Sherlock Holmes tales, straight into a set of closed double doors.  One warrant and set of bolt croppers later, lorray and load recovered.  And two later in Court for theft.

Microlites? nah.....    ;)    

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 August 2006, 08:39:02 »

Once upon a time I dealt with a 7490 kg tipper lorry filled with stones which had been stolen.  

Unfortunately for the thieves, there was a leak in the double doors to the rear of the tipper and, like a fairy tale, there was a trail of stone chippings as fallen from the lorry, all the way from the quarry.  

It led for 22 miles - around roundabouts, junctions, over bumps, through rural town centres etc - and, like the best Sherlock Holmes tales, straight into a set of closed double doors.  One warrant and set of bolt croppers later, lorray and load recovered.  And two later in Court for theft.

Microlites? nah.....    ;)    
Should that not be half a load recovered!  ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.