Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: berkshire , meet  (Read 11633 times)

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
Re: berkshire , meet
« Reply #15 on: 30 April 2007, 09:53:24 »

Maybe the Tidworth one is better as a working meet?

If you are going maybe you could point me in the right direction on my thermostat James?

Cheers,

Ian

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 April 2007, 10:35:47 »

I'm up for this - a Thursday evening meet would suit me fine, Saturdays are harder to clear with the war office..
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 April 2007, 16:46:54 »

that sounds like a good idea,when and where my man.july is good at the mo. :y
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 April 2007, 22:38:18 »

july?? :(  I was thinking more like next week :D -mind you I'll be hungry again by July ;)

How about Thurs 10th early evening for fry up and cup of tea?

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 May 2007, 20:14:45 »

july?? :(  I was thinking more like next week :D -mind you I'll be hungry again by July ;)

How about Thurs 10th early evening for fry up and cup of tea?

done :y
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::

r.welfare

• Newbury, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 May 2007, 22:14:50 »

Works for me, I've got next week off.  Mucho car cleaning and servicing will be done...but mainly on my two old Cavaliers  :o

I will bring the Omega along though...

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 May 2007, 23:32:41 »

Cool!

Do you know where we are talking about Chris?  Max's on the A4 south side of the dual carriageway bit.

Anyone else welcome of course.

How about 6pm ish?

Cheers,

Ian

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 May 2007, 13:38:10 »

Cool!

Do you know where we are talking about Chris?  Max's on the A4 south side of the dual carriageway bit.

Anyone else welcome of course.

How about 6pm ish?

Cheers,

Ian

I take it I just head towards woolhamton and keep going until I find it? Will it be on the left or right?

Cheers

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02 May 2007, 14:32:45 »

Through Woolhampton on past the roundabout at Aldermaston, past a caravan place on your left then you come to some dual carriageway - only about a half a mile long.  Max's is on the other carriageway next to a place that sells Fiesta's.
Probably best to go to the end of the dual carriageway and find a safe place to do a U turn. Then when you ae heading back aim to pull off at Berks Fiesta Centre and its immediately afterwards.

Can draw you a map tonight but its not difficult.

Cheers
ian

r.welfare

• Newbury, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03 May 2007, 21:11:04 »

Chris, if you're going straight from Greenham Park I can find you there and we can have ourselves a little 'Mega convoy if you like  ;D

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04 May 2007, 23:07:27 »

Works for me, I've got next week off.  Mucho car cleaning and servicing will be done...but mainly on my two old Cavaliers  :o

I will bring the Omega along though...

Being in the South, I would pop along but Thursday nights are out for me I am afraid. :( Hope all goes well though.

Slightly off topic (sorry) but do you have any more info on your two old Cavaliers?  Year model etc?  Having a Cav myself, just interested.  Mine is a M reg CDX.  Everything works, including the Air Con. 132K on the original clutch.  Still runs and drives beautifully.
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

nemesis_v6

• tiverton devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05 May 2007, 03:15:04 »

onsubject of cavs i got 1.8 auto for sale in good nick if intrested and were is this meet in june if goes ahead im in devon i read bristol is it near there sorry about bad senses of direction today oh no mot or tax on cav it in dry garege

bryanbellis

• Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05 May 2007, 15:44:04 »

I'm up for it.

There's a cracking little transport cafe not far from M4 J12  if that sort of thing sounds appropriate.

Cheers,

Ian

Total newbie here, joined yesterday. But, yep, as I live not five mins from M4 J12, maybe a chance to meet, get some expertise from folks, find out what all those switches do on the Omega I got testerday! (Where's than manual?!) Anyone got a date/time yet, and where?
--
Omega 2.2 CDX Auto Estate (2001)

r.welfare

• Newbury, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05 May 2007, 22:06:01 »

Slightly off topic (sorry) but do you have any more info on your two old Cavaliers?  Year model etc?  Having a Cav myself, just interested.  Mine is a M reg CDX.  Everything works, including the Air Con. 132K on the original clutch.  Still runs and drives beautifully.

No worries.  Cavalier number 1 is a 1984 1.6GL saloon in silver green, last of the first version of the Mk2 (if that makes sense) on an A-plate.  I bought this from the second owner (the father-in-law of the first owner) back in March, the old boy is 97 and his daughter thought it was time for him to hang up his driving gloves!  115k miles, good solid condition too - needs a good polish, but the only rust was in the nearside front wing.  I say 'was' because I have replaced it with a new one, just needs a bit of fettling to fit perfectly (pattern part!) and then spraying.

Cavalier number 2 is a 1993 1.6LS hatchback, bought cheap (like sub-£60 cheap!) from eBay because the fella had listed it in 'Parts and workshop manuals'...with 10 months' MOT and 4 months' tax!  This will be getting a damn good clean, a set of wheeltrims fitted (not Halfrauds jobs!), a full service and then probably into the Freeads to help pay for more Omega fettling...

Paintwork is flatter than a witches' chest and it needs napalming inside to get rid of the stains.  Drives nice but idles high - needs the breathers clearing I think!

No more Cavaliers for me, or any other cars for the moment for that matter...no more space!

Bryan - I think it's this Thursday (10th) at 6pm - I'm sure "ians" will confirm!
« Last Edit: 05 May 2007, 22:06:53 by r.welfare »

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06 May 2007, 12:02:28 »

Hi Bryan and welcome!

Its Thursday evening - not sure if we set a time yet - watch this space...
At Max's cafe on the A4 on the dual carriageway bit towards Newbury.

Cheers

Ian
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.