Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: CV 19 vaccination  (Read 38609 times)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Re: CV 19 vaccination
« Reply #315 on: 20 January 2021, 22:15:11 »

Shouldn't be any drama with a penicillin allergy, Pfizer one seem's very safe as we've been wacking it into everyone and nobody has had any reactions..... yet
Sorry ,I missed this post

It was on the news when they started the Pfiser jab that people had reactions
people who had allergies should NOT take it

The effectiveness of the Pfizer jab is much better than the AZ jab. The allergy thing refers to having a reaction to things like the annual flu jab. It's the 'solution' that the active component is 'dissolved' in that often causes the reaction, rather than the active component itself. And if you're allergic to the Flu jab, then you're equally likely to be allergic to the AZ jab.

The question about blood thinners is because it's possible the injection site may bleed and/or bruise. My dad is on Apixiban, which is a blood thinner, and the doctor wasn't at all worried about him having the Pfizer.

In short,  if my mum were offered the Pfizer jab I'd want her to take it unless there were very good reasons why not.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 20 January 2021, 23:34:14 »

Last time I took a Penicillin tablet (2010) I was carted off in an ambulance with blues & twos, struggling like hell to breath.
Looks like I wont be getting the Pfizer jab then.  ::)
Got my first ever Flu jab tomorrow, so if I dont ever reappear on OOF, you know whats happened.  :D

No need for a comment from you STEMO. :P
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 20 January 2021, 23:40:39 »

Good luck migv6 :y
Laying a rubber road.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 21 January 2021, 00:02:37 »

Shouldn't be any drama with a penicillin allergy, Pfizer one seem's very safe as we've been wacking it into everyone and nobody has had any reactions..... yet
Sorry ,I missed this post

It was on the news when they started the Pfiser jab that people had reactions
people who had allergies should NOT take it

The effectiveness of the Pfizer jab is much better than the AZ jab. The allergy thing refers to having a reaction to things like the annual flu jab. It's the 'solution' that the active component is 'dissolved' in that often causes the reaction, rather than the active component itself. And if you're allergic to the Flu jab, then you're equally likely to be allergic to the AZ jab.

The question about blood thinners is because it's possible the injection site may bleed and/or bruise. My dad is on Apixiban, which is a blood thinner, and the doctor wasn't at all worried about him having the Pfizer.

In short,  if my mum were offered the Pfizer jab I'd want her to take it unless there were very good reasons why not.
That's the one i'm on, so won't be put off by that then.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 21 January 2021, 12:07:54 »

I took my parents for their second one on Wednesday.

My parents (Dad 91 and Mum 85) have heard nothing regarding the first one yet. Both disabled, so both housebound but attended by two carers four times daily. The carers are the risk to my parents but my parents are totally reliant on them so we have to take extra special care when popping their shopping in, doing their laundry and cleaning etc. My parents must think a forensic team have turned up when we visit.   ::) ;D  You don't realise just how many times you touch something so the hand washing and sanitizing is endless.
Still, my parents haven't mentioned the vaccine so they'll have to wait their turn like everyone else.  :y
« Last Edit: 21 January 2021, 12:09:41 by YZ250 »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 21 January 2021, 13:21:18 »

Everyone I know over 80 round here has had at least their first jab and most their second.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 21 January 2021, 14:51:14 »

Everyone I know over 80 round here has had at least their first jab and most their second.  :y

Thanks for that, this is what I keep hearing on the news.  :y 

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 21 January 2021, 15:36:03 »

Mother is getting her first next week.
I took my parents for their second one on Wednesday.

My parents (Dad 91 and Mum 85) have heard nothing regarding the first one yet. Both disabled, so both housebound but attended by two carers four times daily. The carers are the risk to my parents but my parents are totally reliant on them so we have to take extra special care when popping their shopping in, doing their laundry and cleaning etc. My parents must think a forensic team have turned up when we visit.   ::) ;D  You don't realise just how many times you touch something so the hand washing and sanitizing is endless.
Still, my parents haven't mentioned the vaccine so they'll have to wait their turn like everyone else.  :y
You may want to follow up on their jabs as they could fall into the gap between GP and carers :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 21 January 2021, 16:35:45 »

American statistics for allergic reactions to the Pfizer Vaccine :

https://www.acsh.org/news/2021/01/21/allergic-responses-covid-19-vaccination-15292

1.8 Million injections, no deaths, 83 reported allergic reactions of which 21 were serious enough to require hospital treatment (EpiPen).

In my book them's pretty good odds when you compare it with the risk of requiring hospital admission if you do catch CV19.

YMMV.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 21 January 2021, 16:52:06 »

My mother is almost 91 living alone and shielding, we hadn't heard anything so contacted her surgery today and have an appointment for this Saturday 1-30 pm
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: 21 January 2021, 17:09:29 »

American statistics for allergic reactions to the Pfizer Vaccine :

https://www.acsh.org/news/2021/01/21/allergic-responses-covid-19-vaccination-15292

1.8 Million injections, no deaths, 83 reported allergic reactions of which 21 were serious enough to require hospital treatment (EpiPen).

In my book them's pretty good odds when you compare it with the risk of requiring hospital admission if you do catch CV19.

YMMV.
Yes, that's pretty encouraging  :)
thanks for the link/info  :y

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 21 January 2021, 17:30:58 »

You may want to follow up on their jabs as they could fall into the gap between GP and carers :-\

My mother is almost 91 living alone and shielding, we hadn't heard anything so contacted her surgery today and have an appointment for this Saturday 1-30 pm

Cheers for that, I'd better give their doctor a call to check that they haven't been missed, although they both keep telling me they've had enough of life so they're probably not that bothered.  :'(  Not what I want to hear when helping them but hey ho. They'll have to do a house call for the vaccination, as the stroke a few years back left my mum with just the use of one arm, and that's crippled with rheumatoid arthritis. Active mind but useless body, life can be a real bitch at times.  >:(

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 21 January 2021, 17:33:08 »

Was that as a result of you ringing or would it have been Saturday anyway? Bit worrying a 91 year old wasnt already vaccinated. Mind you my 95 year old dad was only last Saturday and that was only after our intervention. Maybe they were waiting till they could give your mother an Astra Zeneca more local than say a Pfizer one given her age.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 21 January 2021, 17:35:58 »

Cheers for that, I'd better give their doctor a call to check that they haven't been missed, although they both keep telling me they've had enough of life so they're probably not that bothered.  :'(  Not what I want to hear when helping them but hey ho. They'll have to do a house call for the vaccination, as the stroke a few years back left my mum with just the use of one arm, and that's crippled with rheumatoid arthritis. Active mind but useless body, life can be a real bitch at times.  >:(
My 91 year old mum was sent an appointment in December, but she is housebound. The doctors said they will send someone out, probably around March. In their view, if she doesn't go out, she's unlikely to catch it. And she's another one who really couldn't care less.
Diesel till I die

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 21 January 2021, 18:08:48 »

Just been looking at the rollout in Spain which is running behind the UK.

The first tranche were health workers and care homes ( plus politicians, wives and mistresses that jumped the queue.

Next is the 80’s then the over 70’s in March then key workers.  No date for the over 90’s astonishingly ( 500,000 apparently) and worryingly the 60’s. Maybe the logic is the over 90’s will be shielding......

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 31   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.