Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: rear view mirror  (Read 2109 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: rear view mirror
« Reply #15 on: 08 August 2014, 22:33:17 »

I want one now..  :y

They're not all they're cracked up to be  ;)
Are they not andy  :y

being serious ........... I was never that impressed with mine, such that the rear blind was almost always in the up position, I even bought another to compare it.I used to have a piece of tape over the front sensor so it thought it was always dark outside. The Merc's seems to react better

05omegav6

« Reply #16 on: 08 August 2014, 22:35:53 »

Must say I prefer having one to not having one, even in the Merc with it's black tint rear windows :y To the point that I replaced a Mirror Meter without the feature for a more basic one so that I could have/use the auto dimming feature...

I think it's one of those things that is quite easy to take for granted if you have it from the get go, but appreciate if you drive a car with it when your usual car doesn't have it

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 August 2014, 22:39:48 »

05omegav6

« Reply #18 on: 08 August 2014, 22:52:34 »

Link rreeaallyy slow to load...

Basically, the car will either have a square 12pin plug with 11 wires to it, or it will have two flat12? pin plugs (one with four wires and one with 7 wires). The mirror will be the same two choices.

Later cars/mirrors have two plugs, earlier have one. If the car and mirror match, then you simply plug it in and bish, bash, bosh :y If you have a mixture, then you need to connect the four wires to the corresponding terminals as per the guide, either by soldering or rebuilding the car end of the loom to suit the plugs on the mirror :y

The wiring is all accessible from the interior light and requires feeding forward to the cut out above the mirror. Expect CD upwards to have the wiring present, GLS (unless 2003 is hit and miss) :y

05omegav6

« Reply #19 on: 08 August 2014, 22:56:11 »

Being a 2002 yours will have two plugs, so ignore the plug with 7 wires and use all four from the plug with four wires...

Black is +12V
White/black is Reverse lights
Grey/black is Interior light
Brown is 0V or ground/earth

As per the guide :y

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08 August 2014, 23:01:44 »

Being a 2002 yours will have two plugs, so ignore the plug with 7 wires and use all four from the plug with four wires...

Black is +12V
White/black is Reverse lights
Grey/black is Interior light
Brown is 0V or ground/earth

As per the guide :y
Here is a better pic  :y

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 August 2014, 23:05:35 »

When I did my 2000 CDX couldn't find anything so just picked up power from convenient location. Dud I miss something? Or just unlucky?
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

05omegav6

« Reply #22 on: 08 August 2014, 23:49:21 »

You missed the plug ::)

If that's the pic from the link, then you need to unpick the plug on the car loom supplied with the mirror, and also the plug with the four wires described above, and refit the wires from your car loom to the now bare plug on the mirror. This then plugs into the mirror as normal and job is done :y

Needs to be done with a bit of care as the pins fit the plugs slightly differently, but it does work, and is better to plug things in rather than trying to join/tap into other wirirng as there's not much to play with in the roof...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.