Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Air Con Condesor - Starting to fall apart  (Read 662 times)

Carfix

• Malmesbury, Wiltshire
    • 1997 & 1998 Omega Elites
    • View Profile
Air Con Condesor - Starting to fall apart
« on: 08 November 2011, 17:42:50 »

I removed the underbody tray on my V6 Omega to have a shuffty underneath prior to it's annual MOT and found large pieces of aluminium cooling fins.  :(

Assumed they were from the radiator but on closer examination I found that they were from the lower section of the air con condensor (on the inside next to the radiator).

The air con stills works ok and the condensor has no obvious leaks but it is the original (1998 model) and I guess is one it's way out.

I also have another Omega (1997 model) so I checked it's condensor. Guess what? Exactly the same type of damage! :-\

So well worth checking. I found it easier to remove the centre plastic cover at the front of the engine bay and look down between the radiator and condesnor. 

Looks like it's going to get expensive  >:(

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
Re: Air Con Condesor - Starting to fall apart
« Reply #1 on: 08 November 2011, 18:32:00 »

Reasonably cheap to buy and easy to replace, but remember you need to get gas vac'd out before disconnecting condensor and system checked and regassed when finished.

I was lucky when I did one of mine - got replacement condensor foc, mate vac'd out gas, so only paid for testing and regassing altho we checked it out using vac gear.
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 17 queries.