Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Who runs this OOF?  (Read 3926 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Re: Who runs this OOF?
« Reply #15 on: 27 April 2018, 18:30:06 »

Thanks to all who commented on this and sorry for late follow up.

Probably most of us are a bit 'precious' about our Omegas and go along with the uneconomic costs to keep 'em rolling.  Currently, I am also at the stage where I am thinking about keeping it long term to maybe approach 'classichood' one day.  The car is not really a daily runner but is used fairly regularly - odd long trips etc. and enough other trips here and there to keep all bits healthy.

I know a fair bit about how the car works (from local dealer and your good selves on the forum) but I am thinking that I need to take it somewhere and to someone who can give it a full inspection of the whole car top to bottom including things like structure and sills for example.  The thinking being that it would be prudent now to halt any further degeneration and a diagnostic on all things mechanical and also to maybe determine it's worth to keep it for the reasons mentioned (or not).

I also think that my local garages and mechanics are losing the Omega know how and the 3.2's aren't the easiest to work on if you haven't before?

My original 'ask' for the forum 'boss' was to see where there is a person/garage/mechanic somewhere who knows everything about an Omega who could assess my car and advise what I need to attend to (if anything) and to maybe place it in good stead for the future in the event of me wanting to keep it.

Sorry for the long wind but what do you guys/gals think and am I thinking right too?

Last thing - is there ever any meets with Omega owners or forum events?

Thanks in advance.  Ant. Bath, Somerset
Petrol Blue Saloon -  2002 - 3.2 - auto - 93k.

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?board=3.0

brassedoff

• scotland
    • omega 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 April 2018, 22:08:35 »

Do you not think that we are losing the old type mechanics that dont mind getting their hands and overalls dirty and can turn their hand to anything...now its all nice and clean with a computer in hand...These mechanics??? look at the Omega and say " its an old motor" in other words take it away... so all the knowhow is going.  Its like map reading people dont know where  anywhere is they just leave it to the Sat Nav even if they end up in the river  :D :D :D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 April 2018, 09:12:48 »

Do you not think that we are losing the old type mechanics that dont mind getting their hands and overalls dirty and can turn their hand to anything...now its all nice and clean with a computer in hand...These mechanics??? look at the Omega and say " its an old motor" in other words take it away... so all the knowhow is going.  Its like map reading people dont know where  anywhere is they just leave it to the Sat Nav even if they end up in the river  :D :D :D

There are very few mechanics nowadays, most are fitters (at best! :-X) ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 April 2018, 14:56:54 »

There are very few Fixers nowadays, most are Expensive Parts Resellers (at best! :-X) ;)
Fixed that for you LD

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 April 2018, 16:02:06 »

One of our members lives in Midsomer Norton....he will probably help you with some stuff..... :y
He's got twenty seven of his own to look after.  ;D
Always happy to give advice, but am kept busy repairing my six Omegas, not to mention 2 ancient lawn mowers and lots of vintage print machines. Are you the guy who popped into the Press a few years back with an immaculate Omega?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.