Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: GSi  (Read 5242 times)

STEMO

Re: GSi
« Reply #15 on: 08 May 2018, 19:06:33 »

I had a Carlton Gsi 24v, fantastic car :y
I had a Rover 600 GSi, fantastic car too.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 May 2018, 19:15:21 »

I had a Over 600 GSi, fantastic car too.

Splitter  ;D

To be hoped that it doesn't turn out like the SRi badge where just about every Vauxhall you saw was wearing one.
I think BazaJT was implying that many NON GSI cars had badges put on "aftermarket " by owners  :-\

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 08 May 2018, 19:20:57 »

I had a Over 600 GSi, fantastic car too.

Splitter  ;D

To be hoped that it doesn't turn out like the SRi badge where just about every Vauxhall you saw was wearing one.
I think BazaJT was implying that many NON GSI cars had badges put on "aftermarket " by owners  :-\
No, he meant what he said literally. Baza doesn't do 'implied'.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 May 2018, 07:58:47 »

Wot duz "implied" mean? ;D The GSi badge to me meant you had something a bit "special"[for want of a better word]where the SRi was a "go faster" model that wasn't and everyone and their grandmother had one.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 May 2018, 10:22:53 »

Wot duz "implied" mean? ;D The GSi badge to me meant you had something a bit "special"[for want of a better word]where the SRi was a "go faster" model that wasn't and everyone and their grandmother had one.
OK , sorry  :-[

Implied :
hinted, insinuated, suggested

so , I ( just me , no one else  ;D) am  implying  that many NON GSI cars had badges put on "aftermarket " by owners

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 May 2018, 17:33:22 »

2l turbo one?  Properly quick in its time, and handled not too bad once you finished sucking your smalls up your arse when it did one of its understeer moments.  Apparently. I wouldn't know personally. Move along now.
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 May 2018, 18:00:10 »

2l turbo one?  Properly quick in its time, and handled not too bad once you finished sucking your smalls up your arse when it did one of its understeer moments.  Apparently. I wouldn't know personally. Move along now.

Can't have been as bad as a Montego turbo with utterly shagged front suspension. That needed to be in the middle lane of an empty motorway if you used more than half throttle.

Although the VVC Metro doesn't need much steering input to move into the right-hand lane

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 May 2018, 18:08:27 »

Can't have been as bad as a Montego turbo with utterly shagged front suspension. That needed to be in the middle lane of an empty motorway if you used more than half throttle.

Although the VVC Metro doesn't need much steering input to move into the right-hand lane
No, the 600 had proper suspension, so was reasonably well behaved :y
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 09 May 2018, 18:24:05 »

No, the 600 had proper suspension, so was reasonably well behaved :y
Mine was actually a 623 with the Honda engine. Proper engine, that was. It would pull from about 1200 revs in top gear, no need to change down.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 May 2018, 08:16:09 »

I had a 620ti which was chipped and was properly quick,good for 150mph on a test track
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 May 2018, 18:31:48 »

I had a 620ti which was chipped and was properly quick,good for 150mph on a test track
Even in std form, a proper quick car in its day :y
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 May 2018, 19:33:33 »

I know it was totally outperformed by later Rovers and I know that plenty slate every aspect of it, but I still think the SD1 Vitesse was one of the best looking cars Rover ever produced (well threw together with the minimal of quality control and care). I guess my retro garage would have a Granada Consul, Rover SD1 Twin Plenum Vitesse, Senator 24v and maybe the odd Omega!

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10 May 2018, 19:54:42 »

Saw a Granada Scorpio, (not the fugly Ultima) in Bury today. Looked superb. Was on my bike when he pulled up beside me. He looked well chuffed when i complimented him on it. Took me back to my Granny days. Ah, nostalgia.  8)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11 May 2018, 09:39:35 »

I know it was totally outperformed by later Rovers and I know that plenty slate every aspect of it, but I still think the SD1 Vitesse was one of the best looking cars Rover ever produced (well threw together with the minimal of quality control and care). I guess my retro garage would have a Granada Consul, Rover SD1 Twin Plenum Vitesse, Senator 24v and maybe the odd Omega!

They were nice, but the P6 is the one I would have, I think. That was a rare (unique?) departure from British car industry "styling by bean-counter" to produce a car with a lot of innovative features that looked "right" from every angle IMHO.

To each his own, though. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11 May 2018, 11:31:29 »

Weren't both Pininfarina designed :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.