Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Big vote tomorrow.  (Read 22139 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Big vote tomorrow.
« Reply #150 on: 21 January 2019, 18:39:43 »

And just as predictably, was used in the commons today to apply pressure on May to think carefully about what she is doing.
Its sick.
Agreed, but they know its a way to make enough headlines to potentially influence things.  Maybe the vote should have been to leave, but make NI part of Ireland. That also solves the backstop ;)

Unification of the island of Ireland requires separate referenda in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.  I doubt that the people of the Republic would vote for it, let alone those in NI.  ;)

My God, could that be on the table?! :o :o :o

'The Troubles' I think put that idea to rest after 1998..  We just cannot go through all that again; Brexit is bad enough! ::) ::) :D :D ;)

I doubt it Lizzie, but it dosn't stop the scare/doom mongers from bringing it up!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 21 January 2019, 18:53:28 »

I doubt it Lizzie, but it dosn't stop the scare/doom mongers from bringing it up!  ::)
If that was aimed at me, no, I brought it up as a sensible, though tongue-in-cheek, option to solve all the issues...

Ireland - happy
IRA - happy
Unionists - a bit pissed, but who cares
Pragmatic EU leavers - happy, as no indeterminate backstop
Hardcore hard exit EU leavers - a bit pissed, but who cares

Hmmm, maybe it is an option :P  ::)
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 21 January 2019, 19:03:37 »

If that was aimed at me, no, I brought it up as a sensible, though tongue-in-cheek, option to solve all the issues...

Ireland - happy
IRA - happy

Getting paranoid?  ;D

No it wasn't aimed at you TB, but the unification of Ireland is often brought up along with all the stories like the sky will fall in, the Four Horsemen will arrive with their apocalypse and the whole of the UK will be sucked into a vortex down into the bowels of the earth!  ::)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 21 January 2019, 20:01:50 »

Sigh...  Without the agreement of the EU27 to extend the A50 period or other arrangements are put in place again with the agreement of the EU27, the treaties cease to apply to the UK and we are no longer a member of the European Union after 2300 29th March 2019.  ::)

Unless they revoke A50, Parliament can huff, puff, amend the various acts as much as it likes but without the cooperation of the EU27 are pretty much bystanders as the clock ticks.  :-X

Tick tock!  :)

You miss the point. The treaties don't cease to apply to the UK, or UK citizens, unless and until the 1972 act is repealed. The '72 act is on the statute book and only parliament can repeal it. The 2018 act is the method of repeal, and that allows a Minister of State can extend "Brexit Day" past 29th March whether the EU agree to it or not.

We can end up in a state where we're out of the EU, but the EU laws/treaties all still apply to UK based companies and people because parliament hasn't repealed the 72 act, and the UK courts are bound to uphold those rules/laws.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 21 January 2019, 21:13:42 »

Ireland - happy
IRA - happy

Getting paranoid?  ;D

No it wasn't aimed at you TB, but the unification of Ireland is often brought up along with all the stories like the sky will fall in, the Four Horsemen will arrive with their apocalypse and the whole of the UK will be sucked into a vortex down into the bowels of the earth!  ::)
Is that before or after No deal? I get confused... ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 21 January 2019, 21:18:16 »

Republic of Ireland - scared, very scared, for good reason
IRA - happy initially (which shows it would be a bad thing) - then mercilessly slaughtered - a good thing
Unionists -  Angry beyond belief at the death of democracy, and complete betrayal by Westminster, they would make sure we all care
Pragmatic EU leavers - if they are happy with that, they aren't pragmatic, they are incredibly weak and terminally stupid.
Hardcore hard exit EU leavers - very angered, and in despair about the death of Democracy.

FTFY.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 21 January 2019, 21:30:45 »

You miss the point. The treaties don't cease to apply to the UK, or UK citizens, unless and until the 1972 act is repealed. The '72 act is on the statute book and only parliament can repeal it. The 2018 act is the method of repeal, and that allows a Minister of State can extend "Brexit Day" past 29th March whether the EU agree to it or not.

They do as far as the European Union is concerned.  :)

We can end up in a state where we're out of the EU, but the EU laws/treaties all still apply to UK based companies and people because parliament hasn't repealed the 72 act, and the UK courts are bound to uphold those rules/laws.

So what you are saying is that we will be out, but could pretend we are still in?  ;D

That would go down well with the electorate!  ::)
« Last Edit: 21 January 2019, 21:33:41 by Sir Tigger QC »

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 22 January 2019, 00:30:45 »

So what you are saying is that we will be out, but could pretend we are still in?  ;D

That would go down well with the electorate!  ::)

No - it's nothing to do with us being in or out. Simply that any and all EU laws would still apply within the UK until/unless the 1972 act is repealed, and the Government/Parliament has the ability to delay that repeal till any point in the future by virtue of the powers in the 2018 act. It doesn't require EU approval or agreement.

However, I agree delaying the repeal is pointless unless the EU also agree to an extension under Art50(3). Doesn't prevent it happening though.

It's difficult to see anything going down well with the electorate from here though.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 22 January 2019, 18:32:21 »

Is it over yet.
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 22 January 2019, 18:54:27 »

Not quite :'(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 22 January 2019, 18:58:19 »

Is it over yet.
Lights are sill on here so obviously not. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 22 January 2019, 19:33:12 »

Not so sure here as no sun so maybe the sky has fallen in already in advance of a no deal . Maybe the sun doesnt normally shine here. Who knows?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 22 January 2019, 21:05:22 »

Well Macron and Merkel have just signed a "Friendship Treaty"  ::)
Apparently they have pledged to defend each others citizens from each other  ::)
Looks like the yellow jackets in Paris will have to contend with Merkel's stormtroopers marching around any day soon  :D

Should bring back a few memories  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 23 January 2019, 11:35:19 »

Well Macron and Merkel have just signed a "Friendship Treaty" ::)
Apparently they have pledged to defend each others citizens from each other  ::)
Looks like the yellow jackets in Paris will have to contend with Merkel's stormtroopers marching around any day soon  :D

Should bring back a few memories  ;D

Well, given the history of Franco-German conflict, that means nothing, like the "Alliances" that led to The Great War!

I just hope it never comes to the Foreign Secretary modern successor of Sir Edward Grey also having to say ""The lamps are going out all over Europe, we shall not see them lit again in our life-time", which could happen given the potential for the EU to fracture into an array of warring states. :( :(

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 23 January 2019, 12:14:26 »

Well it hasnt gone down well in other EU countries.

Italy and Poland are contemplating forming an axis against the French German one.

You could not make it up. Macron and Merkel, bothstruggling in popularity stakes staging a joint back slapping exercise withpossiblylittle meaning or maybe not......
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.