Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: another ecp offer.  (Read 30864 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: another ecp offer.
« Reply #15 on: 03 May 2016, 18:10:42 »

Just received my bogof oil, in a box filled with bubble wrap, and another order in a box just as big.
If I could have ordered everything at once would have saved them, a box and carriage..
Hoof'land storeman.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 May 2016, 18:50:38 »

Good luck with your fake oil lads!  :P  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 May 2016, 18:55:27 »

Good luck with your fake oil lads!  :P  ;D

Am waiting to burn in hell ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 May 2016, 23:42:58 »

Ordered all mine at the same time but one box came today full of goodies with a note to say the rest is coming tomorrow  ??? 2 lots of deliveries 2 lots of bubble wrap 2 lots of heavyweight boxes .... they must selling at a loss i tells ya !!  :D :D
Omegatitis

baggers

• Intermediate Member
  • Heywood, Mcr
    • Omega 3.0 & 2.2
    • View Profile
    • Property for sale/rent Online
« Reply #19 on: 04 May 2016, 00:33:45 »

allegedly, not to long ago there was a report on epc's oil and it went through court because it didn't do what it says on the tin.

I'll try and find it.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2016, 00:44:43 by baggers »

baggers

• Intermediate Member
  • Heywood, Mcr
    • Omega 3.0 & 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 May 2016, 00:52:29 »

Triple QX 5W/40 & Triple QX 5W/30

On 9th March 2015 these products were reported to VLS as the Technical Data Sheets were not compliant with ACEA specifications regarding A3/B4 and C3. These specifications, in their latest iterations, are mutually exclusive of each other such that the dual claim cannot be met by a single lubricant.  The dual claim could cause confusion to consumers with vehicles requiring either a catalyst or particulate trap compatible oil or those needing a high performance oil suitable for direct injection engines which could therefore result in an inappropriate lubricant being used.

The Named Party, Euro Car Parts Ltd cooperated fully with VLS and responded swiftly and positively to correct all non-compliant claims relating to the products concerned.

On 11th February 2016 VLS concluded its six month review of the case in line with its stated processes. All changes agreed by the Named Party with VLS had been maintained.

The products were therefore in compliance at the six month review, and the case closed.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 May 2016, 02:03:43 »

blimey and not just triple qx also carlube, gulf, millers, petronas, and others
http://www.ukla-vls.org.uk/latest-news/
« Last Edit: 04 May 2016, 02:11:37 by migmog »

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04 May 2016, 05:56:28 »

On 9th March 2015 these products were reported to VLS as the Technical Data Sheets were not compliant with ACEA specifications regarding A3/B4 and C3. These specifications, in their latest iterations, are mutually exclusive of each other such that the dual claim cannot be met by a single lubricant.  The dual claim could cause confusion to consumers with vehicles requiring either a catalyst or particulate trap compatible oil or those needing a high performance oil suitable for direct injection engines which could therefore result in an inappropriate lubricant being used.

The Named Party, Euro Car Parts Ltd cooperated fully with VLS and responded swiftly and positively to correct all non-compliant claims relating to the products concerned.

On 11th February 2016 VLS concluded its six month review of the case in line with its stated processes. All changes agreed by the Named Party with VLS had been maintained.

The products were therefore in compliance at the six month review, and the case closed.

Basically it was found to be unsuitable, for DIESEL , doesn't affect petrol.

Why are you all trying to find fault with anything from ecp, O I know because it's not genuine. If every part they sold was inferior, they would goes out of business..
I have not had a problem with any parts from ecp,, yet.
Hoof'land storeman.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04 May 2016, 11:41:03 »

I ordered one of those mini magnetic torches as im a torch collector  :P
Nearly blinded me  :D Handy bit of kit  :y
Omegatitis

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 May 2016, 11:56:58 »

::) ::) ::) ::).I'm saying nothing. :)

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 04 May 2016, 14:55:58 »

I know what being a torch collector makes you......and the fact that you're going blind proves it.  ;D

baggers

• Intermediate Member
  • Heywood, Mcr
    • Omega 3.0 & 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04 May 2016, 15:20:00 »

Basically it was found to be unsuitable, for DIESEL , doesn't affect petrol.

Why are you all trying to find fault with anything from ecp, O I know because it's not genuine. If every part they sold was inferior, they would goes out of business..
I have not had a problem with any parts from ecp,, yet.

And what are you implying by that comment? Thought we were on here to try and help each other and give the best advise we can..  You must be hiding in a closet somewhere because there are a lot of companies that sell shit and are still in business.  I've never bought from ECP so can't make any personal comment about them other than information I've found from other sources.  And the fact I like using "genuine" is that a problem.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04 May 2016, 18:52:36 »

Not sure what your beef is with genuine, clearly you think its crap. And in some cases, it is.  That's the advantage of a community like OOF, we can have collective experience of whats good, whats good but too pricey, and where after market parts offer better value.

Particularly with ECP, its known they sell a lot of substandard items at standard prices. It is also known that they sell fake goods - and too often for it to be mistakes. The oil shite above shows they simply want to buy the poorest product they can find, rebadge to sound like quality, and sell at mainstream prices to those daft enough to buy into the marketing. Making a very good profit in the process.

Will they go out of business for selling shite? Unlikely, because the old adage of a fool and his money are easily parted, in in the current namby pamby state we're in, they have a big pool of fools to pick from.

TBH, people use ECP and ebay out of laziness - an email falls in mailbox offering a never-to-be-repeated (until tomorrow) deal on some substandard parts...  ...classic retail technique we seem to have become blind to.
Grumpy old man

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04 May 2016, 19:48:28 »

There's another offer come through on torches  :D ;D ;D ;D ;)
Omegatitis

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 04 May 2016, 21:19:11 »

Not sure what your beefis with genuine clearly you think its crap. And in some cases, it is.  That's the advantage of a community like OOF, we can have collective experience of whats good, whats good but too pricey, and where after market parts offer better value.

Particularly with ECP, its known they sell a lot of substandard items at standard prices. It is also known that they sell fake goods - and too often for it to be mistakes. The oil shite above shows they simply want to buy the poorest product they can find, rebadge to sound like quality, and sell at mainstream prices to those daft enough to buy into the marketing. Making a very good profit in the process.

Will they go out of business for selling shite? Unlikely, because the old adage of a fool and his money are easily parted, in in the current namby pamby state we're in, they have a big pool of fools to pick from.

TBH, people use ECP and ebay out of laziness - an email falls in mailbox offering a never-to-be-repeated (until tomorrow) deal on some substandard parts...  ...classic retail technique we seem to have become blind to.

I do not have a problem with genuine parts, I use a mix of genuine, pattern and second hand, there are certain parts, that I will only buy genuine sensors and brake pads.
I know that a lot of members have tried different parts, and reported back there findings, and genuine can be best, but, so can pattern, it is a argument, that will go on forever.

And as for peoples dislike for using companies like ecp, and german-Swedish, or even the local factor, that is personal choice, I don't like shopping in Sainsbury, but that's my choice.
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.