Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [s]Two[/s]Three things...  (Read 3144 times)

05omegav6

[s]Two[/s]Three things...
« on: 18 June 2015, 20:05:35 »

Firstly,

Torching the car is not/was never an option, so whilst the suggestion was hopefully tongue in cheek, rest assured it will not be happening. So thanks for that Dave... ::)

Secondly, for STEMO...

VTd is Voluntarily Terminated... Basically the finance company receive the car as full payment for 50% of the total agreement value and subsequently bill me for the other 50% less any payments made thus far...

Thirdly,

Thank you for all the advice and offers to discuss matters in person. It has all been reassuring and informative. :y

The Sheriff

Re: [s]Two[/s]Three things...
« Reply #1 on: 18 June 2015, 20:09:24 »

Hmmmm......don't know what the state of your credit report is like at the moment, but wouldn't a VT(not a term I've heard of), totally knacker it?

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 18 June 2015, 20:15:28 »

Currently low 500s, so not really... And if it takes five years to clear the balance then there's not alot in it in the scheme of things :-\

The Sheriff

« Reply #3 on: 18 June 2015, 20:15:46 »

Just watching another injustice on Watchdog. Individuals who have to go through bankruptcy are affected for years, but companies can go bust one day and start trading under a different name the next, and the company debts are written off.

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 18 June 2015, 20:21:51 »

Presumably with a different board :-\

The Sheriff

« Reply #5 on: 18 June 2015, 20:23:58 »

Board? We're talking cowboy garages, double glazing firms......just about anyone.

05omegav6

« Reply #6 on: 18 June 2015, 20:31:39 »

As I understand it, once bankrupt, you can't trade as a new firm without informing everyone with whom you trade that you are bankrupt until such time as the bankruptcy order is released.

Failure to do this, or to fail to comply with any of the bankruptcy conditions/restrictions will result in prosecution.

The Sheriff

« Reply #7 on: 18 June 2015, 20:33:17 »

As I understand it, once bankrupt, you can't trade as a new firm without informing everyone with whom you trade that you are bankrupt until such time as the bankruptcy order is released.

Failure to do this, or to fail to comply with any of the bankruptcy conditions/restrictions will result in prosecution.
Well....have a look at watchdog now, there's a firm that does 'recon' engines, ripped off a load of people and are back with a new name.

05omegav6

« Reply #8 on: 18 June 2015, 20:35:11 »

No telly at work, but that doesn't surprise me :-\

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 June 2015, 21:20:06 »

Well....have a look at watchdog now, there's a firm that does 'recon' engines, ripped off a load of people and are back with a new name.

They will need different Directors, but easy to get the wife / friends etc to fill that role and carry on, if your so inclined!
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 June 2015, 21:26:49 »

£1800 for a knackered recon Astra engine  :(
Omegatitis

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 June 2015, 21:29:10 »

£1800 for a knackered recon Astra engine  :(

That special reconditioning paint is hard to find and expensive.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 June 2015, 21:57:37 »

Give the Merc back to the finance company, take the hit. Sooner that went back the better, you just have falling value of the car, making things worse.

Get 0% APR card(s), to pay off the outstanding amount left.

Always thought these car finance solutions were bad, too many restrictions and high APR rates.

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 June 2015, 22:01:31 »

Give the Merc back to the finance company, take the hit. Sooner that went back the better, you just have falling value of the car, making things worse.

Get 0% APR card(s), to pay off the outstanding amount left.

Always thought these car finance solutions were bad, too many restrictions and high APR rates.

I wonder of the concern is that the credit rating won't allow a successful card application?

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18 June 2015, 22:05:27 »

Board? We're talking cowboy garages, double glazing firms......just about anyone.

Security companies as well :o :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 17 queries.