Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: £100 fine for excessive carbon footprint  (Read 870 times)

Nickbat

£100 fine for excessive carbon footprint
« on: 21 September 2009, 22:58:27 »

If anyone on here had any doubt that the madmen really ARE running the asylum, read this article.

"People who emit more than their fair share of carbon emissions are having their pay docked in a trial that could lead to rationing being reintroduced via the workplace after an absence of half a century."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6832964.ece

1984 here we come.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: 21 September 2009, 23:03:58 by Nickbat »

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
Re: £100 fine for excessive carbon footprint
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2009, 23:07:38 »

Sounds like a case for the unlawful deduction from wages legislation to me, unless the clowns have agreed to it.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Brick Tamland

• Intermediate Member
  • Dublin
  • Good one!
    • '98 2.5 Manual
    • View Profile
Re: £100 fined for excessive carbon footprint
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2009, 23:12:27 »

Why is Britain (or just the governmennt) the only country that seems to be taking the p1ss and being serious about a politically correct, carbon neutral, surveillance orientated existance thats bent on self destruction of its own identity  :(

I havent been over for a while but last time there was a stand in Heathrow selling carbon credits  :o Literally selling air :o

I've been around alot of Europe and never seen that elsewhere, aswell as an unusually high population of "traditionally dressed" arabs, what happened to "when in Rome?". You have my sympathies :(
Saving for one! All donations welcome, ask for details.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 September 2009, 23:33:55 »

If anyone on here had any doubt that the madmen really ARE running the asylum, read this article.

"People who emit more than their fair share of carbon emissions are having their pay docked in a trial that could lead to rationing being reintroduced via the workplace after an absence of half a century."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6832964.ece

1984 here we come.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Well it's the next logial step is it not but more importantly, with the introduction of 'smart energy meters' the utility companies will be able to throttle the amount energy delivered if the demand surpasses what's deemed to be an 'acceptable' level.

Wait and see how our everyday lives will be affected by these proposals >:( >:(

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 September 2009, 01:06:32 »

it's a from company called WSP (Wide Spread Panic?  ::)) a business consultancy group specializing in environmental issues (don't worry - i had to look it up)

i would guess this is just a PR piece, designed to attract attention  8-)

any serious business would be laughed out the building trying to implement something as woolly - since Business Consultants are not real businesses (draw the "whale diagram", charge a huge fee, move on...err...thats it) i wouldn't worry Nick  :y
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

Nickbat

« Reply #5 on: 22 September 2009, 09:44:20 »

it's a from company called WSP (Wide Spread Panic?  ::)) a business consultancy group specializing in environmental issues (don't worry - i had to look it up)

any serious business would be laughed out the building trying to implement something as woolly - since Business Consultants are not real businesses (draw the "whale diagram", charge a huge fee, move on...err...thats it) i wouldn't worry Nick  :y

Thanks for looking that up, BJ. :y

Why is that whenever I read the words "business consultancy", I have negative thoughts. Probably because I've known of quite a few underachievers who have understandably got fired and then gone on to set themselves up as consultants.  ::) ::)

lozzy

• Irmscher UK Sales and Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 September 2009, 09:52:52 »

this is rediculous and extremely unfair im seriously loosing faith in this country every day
Irmscher UK Sales and Support

1 Omega Estate 100 speakers :D

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 September 2009, 09:58:32 »

I think your optimism is misplaced bj, try-outs such as this is New Liebours way of placing a toe into the hot water of potential vote losing legislation - there will be more ;) ;)

Don't forget the ultimate cheerleader for Brussels power is Lord Peter - the de-facto Prime Minister of this country - and stunts such as these are the seeds from those (Brussels) all encompassing loins :y :y

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 September 2009, 11:34:13 »

I think your optimism is misplaced bj, try-outs such as this is New Liebours way of placing a toe into the hot water of potential vote losing legislation - there will be more ;) ;)

Don't forget the ultimate cheerleader for Brussels power is Lord Peter - the de-facto Prime Minister of this country - and stunts such as these are the seeds from those (Brussels) all encompassing loins :y :y

well if the polls are correct they don't have long left - it's more likely a tory plot - they need to test some barmy ideas as they've not got a scooby  ;D

zulu - i'll bet you £100 this never comes to anything  :y

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 September 2009, 11:37:52 »

Why is that whenever I read the words "business consultancy", I have negative thoughts. Probably because I've known of quite a few underachievers who have understandably got fired and then gone on to set themselves up as consultants.  ::) ::)

right on the money nickbat - i know its the Indy - but have a look at this - interestingly its exactly what you and i have probably long suspected ;)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/masters-of-illusion-the-great-management-consultancy-swindle-1788556.html

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 September 2009, 11:57:17 »

well if the polls are correct they don't have long left - it's more likely a tory plot - they need to test some barmy ideas as they've not got a scooby  ;D

Time will tell bj but I would imagine that more than a few in the PLP harbour the notion that they have a chance at forming the next government.

That government - of whomever - will be of little consequence as by that time we will have signed up to the EU Treaty, an organisation soon to be headed by a certain A Blair ably assisted by our dear Peter.

European Directives will be the order by which the next administration is driven unless there is a strong UK government led by a person with conviction and guts to stand up to unelected officials meddling in our affairs.

For the record I'm apolitical and am not holding my breath on DC or the Tories being up to the job.

As for betting on the outcome, it’s unnecessary, I’m big and ugly enough to admit when I’m wrong – but I don’t think I am.

Nickbat

« Reply #11 on: 22 September 2009, 12:50:34 »

right on the money nickbat - i know its the Indy - but have a look at this - interestingly its exactly what you and i have probably long suspected ;)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/masters-of-illusion-the-great-management-consultancy-swindle-1788556.html

Excellent read, BJ. Thanks  :y

"The chief message to be communicated is that you will be expected to work much harder than you ever have before and your chances of losing your job are infinitely greater than you ever imagined."

I have personally witnessed this. :( And to think the NHS spends £300m a year on consultants.  >:(

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 September 2009, 18:46:08 »

Time will tell bj but I would imagine that more than a few in the PLP harbour the notion that they have a chance at forming the next government.

That government - of whomever - will be of little consequence as by that time we will have signed up to the EU Treaty, an organisation soon to be headed by a certain A Blair ably assisted by our dear Peter.

European Directives will be the order by which the next administration is driven unless there is a strong UK government led by a person with conviction and guts to stand up to unelected officials meddling in our affairs.

For the record I'm apolitical and am not holding my breath on DC or the Tories being up to the job.

As for betting on the outcome, it’s unnecessary, I’m big and ugly enough to admit when I’m wrong – but I don’t think I am.

i think even the staunchest new labourite would concede they're out of government soon  ::)

i know we disagree on climate change zulu - but i do agree that theres some utterly barmy ideas out there to combat the threat (real or otherwise) - what we need is clear, sensible, adaptive thinking....................................we're really up the creek aren't we?  ;D

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 September 2009, 19:16:07 »

i think even the staunchest new labourite would concede they're out of government soon  ::)

i know we disagree on climate change zulu - but i do agree that theres some utterly barmy ideas out there to combat the threat (real or otherwise) - what we need is clear, sensible, adaptive thinking....................................we're really up the creek aren't we? ;D

Yes bj, we are - but at least we will be together :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D

...by the way, have I disagreed with you to any alarming degree on climate change :-/ :-/

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 September 2009, 19:19:29 »

i know we disagree on climate change zulu - but i do agree that theres some utterly barmy ideas out there to combat the threat (real or otherwise) - what we need is clear, sensible, adaptive thinking....................................we're really up the creek aren't we? ;D

Yes bj, we are - but at least we will be together :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D

...by the way, have I disagreed with you to any alarming degree on climate change :-/ :-/

only a matter of degrees - nothing major  :y

tbh i forget who believes what, including me! ;)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.