Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: £10 ebay coupon  (Read 2213 times)

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
Re: £10 ebay coupon
« Reply #30 on: 08 March 2008, 23:27:34 »

Sorry minor rant, but Ebay could be so good, but they put profit above safety. There was a recent thing on here about someone selling a Miggy, and the price went up a lot all by the same bidder, but because it was above £100 you can't see who's doing it. Looked like someone boosting his own sale. I emailed and complained, and got a nice email back, which basically said they were not going to do anything about it. I have been caught a number of times, but fleabay impliment rules that should work for their "millions of customers", but allow the small time crooks to get thro. Perhaps this £10 is just a sweetner to keep us happy in lieu of proper policeing.

Having said all this, I recon the internet and cross border shoping is quite good. I wanted some books on "weekend C++ crash course" (look out The Boy !!!!!!), and it was very very cheap to get them via Amazon from the USA and ship over here. I am just rebuilding an HP DV9000 series laptop, and have just sourced various bits I need to finish from California. A base and heatsink will cost about £15 plus about £7 post, which if I bought from suppliers in this country would cost silly money.
The world is changing, last one out please switch off the lights !

Ken

Ken
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

sir moanalot

• Omega Knight
  • fens
  • im like an expensive watch - i get wound up easily
    • View Profile
Re: £10 ebay coupon
« Reply #31 on: 09 March 2008, 17:48:22 »

ive got feedback of over 1225 and ive received nowt from fleabay??
ive had 4 retaliatory negs and ebay admin would not take any of them off so i dont give a sh%t anymore, people notice neg feedback done in malice so let them get on wiv it!!!
yet another miserable day in rip off britain !!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.