Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Type of the connector that connects car harness to HID ballast?  (Read 1833 times)

mandula

• Finland
    • Opel Omega -03, Z22XE man
    • View Profile

Hi,

So I need to find the male and female connectors that connects car harness to HID ballast (see pic, empty socket at ballast).
Anybody knows the right type or direct link where to buy those?

I'm about to install relays between my ballast and car battery to get rid of annoying fault that causes my passenger side xenon to randomly switch ON when starting the car.
And when it does switch ON, it is not as bright as drivers side.

I've already replaced ballasts and bulbs (twice) and also changed them from side to side, did not solve the problem.
Also first re-soldered the automatic driving light (don't remember the correct term..) relay and then also replaced it with new one, did not solve the problem.
Checked all the connectors and cleaned them, no joy.
So it must be the harness that causes some resistant, I think it is related to humidity.

Well anyways, I don't want to rip all the harness apart, so it is easier to install relays and operate them with original HID supply voltage.
Don't want to destroy original connectors nor harness either, so that's why I need to find some bulk connector that will fit.

mandula

• Finland
    • View Profile
Re: Type of the connector that connects car harness to HID ballast?
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2018, 14:05:35 »

Like the pink connector and counterconnector that goes to it, I think: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Factory-Fittted-Xenon-Repair-Ballast-kit-D2-for-Mercedes-Benz-All-Models-Class-/170972507212

I haven't got any head light warnings when the problematic xenon have not light up. Anyway it is an easy and cheap thest IF I just could find right connectors so I don't need to destroy my original wirings/connectors..

Chazza12

• Intermediate Member
  • south yorkshire
    • 1996 2.0 16v CD estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2018, 14:16:26 »

replace the headlight switch unit and you probably find that's the problem it controls power to both lights.   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9006-5-HB4-3-MALE-FEMALE-BULB-WIRE-CONNECTOR-HEADLIGHT-FOG-LIGHT-XENON-HID12v24v/151659825190?hash=item234fa14826:m:miwOnuR2Z7PHClYBA1H5Hng
« Last Edit: 16 January 2018, 14:18:48 by Chazza12 »

mandula

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 January 2018, 14:20:59 »

Thanks, I'll check that switch! And thanks for links and help so far!

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 January 2018, 03:14:48 »

You'll struggle with those terminals unless you have (or can borrow) the corresponding crimping tool with the correct jaw size for the wire and insulation. A good crimper might be pricey. A properly crimped terminal will be much more reliable than a soldered one.

Perhaps you can buy something that's pre-assembled?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.