Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: engine kucfed?  (Read 3011 times)

05omegav6

Re: engine kucfed?
« Reply #30 on: 19 March 2011, 21:27:46 »

Posted by: chrisgixer      Posted on: Today at 13:45
taxi al wrote Today at 11:20:
Quote:
The MAF results are a concern, when they get bad they do some very odd things including popping, over fueling the lot.

Also having read Oti's thread, are v6 MAFs interchangable?
Thinking 2nd hand as a short term test.

2.6 and 3.2 maf's are the same, search the Bosch part no. On the maf itself. Also used on transit vans among others. Pre face lift are differant.

Ok, that makes life a bit easier. Are 2.6/3.2 coil packs also interchangable?

Reason for asking is that number 6 is showing a pressure of 9.2 bar (dry). Borderline, but within 1 bar of average.

The MAF results are a concern, when they get bad they do some very odd things including popping, over fueling the lot.

I'm wondering if this might be the way forward?

feeutfo

« Reply #32 on: 20 March 2011, 02:30:13 »

9bar is enough IMO.

Has the air leak at the bottom of the inlet wedge been rectified?

05omegav6

« Reply #33 on: 20 March 2011, 08:28:08 »

Yep. Same.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-OPEL-VAUXHALL-2-6-3-2-2001-2005-BOSCH-COIL-PACK-SET-/1...

1 set ordered.

Car back together, still a bit tappety. I've had it running up to temp, then taken it out for a drive.

Still hunting a bit, need to replace inlet seals, and managed to snap the secondary connector at the non return valve on the vacuum line between the plenum and the brake servo. >:( So that is temporarily taped up.

Did two identical trips around the block, one with the MAF sensor plugged in, the other unplugged. Ran/pulled better under load plugged in.  :-/  pulled like a train, nice and smooth after 3000rpm when given a bootfull, But building speed slowly, it was still missing.

Gave it a bootfull with the MAF disconnected and it was suddenly really sluggish and set the EML flashing almost instantly. Let it idle, and with the MAF plugged back in, the light soon went steady again.

Codes are still the same as before, so nothing new there :-/.

Going in on Monday for the front end repair, so I'l have three days to gather bits ready for when I get it back. :y

p.s. 8 days and 2 hours before its' fate is sealed. :-X                                                                                                                                                                                             
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.