Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Going blue  (Read 2468 times)

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
Re: Going blue
« Reply #15 on: 14 February 2015, 12:52:32 »

Blue is no good for night vision, thats why most vehicles manufacturers use amber as a back light....
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 February 2015, 13:50:39 »

TB will be having a 'blue' fit reading this thread! :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

ted_one

« Reply #17 on: 14 February 2015, 14:03:28 »

You will get a 'gay'warning  and your 'straightness' will be in question.....I got one for the same reason ::) now gone off the idea of blue LED's ::)

05omegav6

« Reply #18 on: 14 February 2015, 14:12:34 »

You will get a 'gay'warning  and your 'straightness' will be in question.....I got one for the same reason ::) now gone off the idea of blue LED's ::)
On the plus side you can now bend over/sit down without worry ;D

ted_one

« Reply #19 on: 14 February 2015, 14:23:06 »

Was wondering though....is that a blanket gay warning for all LED's or :-\.......on reflection I think I can anticipate the answer :-X

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 February 2015, 14:39:17 »

If people want to be gay and fit gay blue LEDs to cars not designed for them, that's their lookout.

Generally it goes like this:
Cool, its blue LEDs, and they're where its at, init?
Break a load of shite fitting them, but doesn't matter, as its really cool, init?
Realise, but will not accept/agree, illumination is piss poor, because they're right cool, init?
Shove it into a tree, as blues are only available in ultrabrights, which are distracting, almost dazzling at night. Problem ultimately solved.

But its really cool, init? And gay.
Grumpy old man

ted_one

« Reply #21 on: 14 February 2015, 15:10:42 »

There you have a tutorial on the reasons not to fit LED's,I on a personal basis am happy not to be serving under the rainbow flag and was grateful to receive guidance from The Master and to acknowledge an error of judgement on my part ;)

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 February 2015, 15:45:48 »

Will they dim like ordinary tungsten bulbs?

4x4

« Reply #23 on: 14 February 2015, 17:32:03 »

Yes they dim like normal bulbs,i like it tho,doesnt affect my sexuality,didnt break nothing removing facia,and yes i do like the blue effect as it goes with stereo and cb,so im happy  ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 February 2015, 17:45:43 »

As someone with poor night vision, I'm interested to know is going blue better for instrument checking v outside night vision view ratio. If so, then I'm going to look at this?

Given that blue is at the long end of the spectrum, I reckon it'd be the worst choice for visibility in low light, TBH. Would be an interesting experiment, though. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

4x4

« Reply #25 on: 14 February 2015, 17:47:40 »

Works fine in daylight too  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #26 on: 14 February 2015, 18:16:26 »

As someone with poor night vision, I'm interested to know is going blue better for instrument checking v outside night vision view ratio. If so, then I'm going to look at this?

Given that blue is at the long end of the spectrum, I reckon it'd be the worst choice for visibility in low light, TBH. Would be an interesting criteria for the Darwin Olympics though. :y
That I would pay to see... ;D

ted_one

« Reply #27 on: 14 February 2015, 19:01:51 »

It's a proven medical fact.....that constant exposure to the blue light levels emitted from LED'S will in time 'turn you' and you will start by wanting to take your holibobs in Brighton and then........it will be a short time there after that you will feel the need to start wearing a highway patrol cop uniform and stay at the YMCA :o so don't say we didn't warn ya! ;D :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 February 2015, 19:40:04 »

Given that blue is at the long end of the spectrum, I reckon it'd be the worst choice for visibility in low light, TBH. Would be an interesting criteria for the Darwin Olympics though. :y
That I would pay to see... ;D
As long as I can see the oil pressure light the rest might as well be turned off at night. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 February 2015, 19:51:31 »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.