Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you ready for a long cold winter with limited gas?  (Read 4484 times)

05omegav6

Re: Are you ready for a long cold winter with limited gas?
« Reply #30 on: 28 August 2014, 22:12:38 »

Watching him parade around on television I would suggest he is closer to five-four or five-five.

Whatever the truth, he is certainly a shortarse. An arrogant and dangerous shortarse. :(
And ginger to boot... :o
Ginger beer?  :o
That would be ironic ;D

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #31 on: 29 August 2014, 10:26:14 »

OMG..... :)
Another rods2 horror and scare story, and not a daily flail link to be seen, quick i'am going to build a bunker, stock it with food and guns, and hid away in the wilderness ;D

don't know what scares me most America or Russia er no its rods2 continual scare stories, sure he dos;nt write for the Daily Mail. :D

Ah, bless him.  He loves them!! :-* :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 29 August 2014, 10:41:06 »

Another rods2 horror and scare story, and not a daily flail link to be seen, quick i'am going to build a bunker, stock it with food and guns, and hid away in the wilderness ;D

don't know what scares me most America or Russia er no its rods2 continual scare stories, sure he dos;nt write for the Daily Mail. :D

Hmmmn I don't know....  :-\

A couple of weeks ago the Ukrainians seemed to have the rebels on the run, but they seem to have gained a new impetus with an alleged injection of fresh Russian troops and equipment.  :(

These are dangerous times and the Western world may yet get dragged in....  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #33 on: 29 August 2014, 11:43:20 »

Hmmmn I don't know....  :-\

A couple of weeks ago the Ukrainians seemed to have the rebels on the run, but they seem to have gained a new impetus with an alleged injection of fresh Russian troops and equipment.  :(

These are dangerous times and the Western world may yet get dragged in....  ::)

But they always have been throughout history but we are still here. As I stated let's not get confused and think for one minute Putin is another Hitler in context with the situation in the 1930s.

Frankly I am far more worried about the situation in the Middle East, but even that is not on the scale of what was the Nazi problem! :y

The Sheriff

« Reply #34 on: 29 August 2014, 13:08:15 »

Ukraine has asked to join NATO. Without any bias...I think they should receive a firm NO! Not until the current situation settles down. Personally, I think the urge to join stems from a wish to enrage Russia, rather than a genuine attempt at integration.

As an aside.......just how big is the North Atlantic, or Europe for that matter? Can Thailand apply for EU membership?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 29 August 2014, 13:10:53 »

But they always have been throughout history but we are still here. As I stated let's not get confused and think for one minute Putin is another Hitler in context with the situation in the 1930s.

Frankly I am far more worried about the situation in the Middle East, but even that is not on the scale of what was the Nazi problem! :y

In 1938 nobody was bothered about the annexation of Austria and the Sudentenland by Germany and look how that turned out.  :-\

In 2014 when Russia annexed Crimea the world looked the other way, which in my opinion has emboldened Putin in his territorial ambitions.  What his end game is we can only speculate at, but I am pessimistic of an orderly and peaceful solution.  :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

The Sheriff

« Reply #36 on: 29 August 2014, 13:13:13 »

Russia's explanation of troops being spotted in Ukrainian territory:
"They are volunteers doing it off their own backs".

But...they were in Russian military uniforms.

"Ermmmm......they may have been soldiers that are on holiday. Yes...that's it".

;D ;D ;D

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #37 on: 29 August 2014, 13:32:08 »

In 1938 nobody was bothered about the annexation of Austria and the Sudentenland by Germany and look how that turned out.  :-\

In 2014 when Russia annexed Crimea the world looked the other way, which in my opinion has emboldened Putin in his territorial ambitions.  What his end game is we can only speculate at, but I am pessimistic of an orderly and peaceful solution.  :(

Frankly that was not the problem. The Austrians wanted to be part of the Third Reich, and the German speaking people of the Sudetenland also wanted to be returned to the German fold. It was the invasion of Poland, via the rest of Czechoslovakia,  that really was the step too far, but with the support of the Russians, gave credence to Hitler's gamble, but stirred Britain and France to declare war on Germany.

You cannot compare those days in 1938/9 with the situation today with politics involved of a completely different nature. As I mentioned in post #16 the context is very different, with Putin no Hitler, and in no position to be one. The West is also prepared for conflict, unlike in 1938/39, and although is reluctant to get directly involved, is supporting Ukraine in a diplomatic manner that is the correct way to go so far.

Does anyone want WWIII?  Does anyone have a better answer than using good diplomacy, the type of strong diplomacy that wasn't available to be used against Hitler in the 1930s? What would YOU do if YOU personally were a leading politician in the diplomatic process representing the USA, Britain, German, France, and NATO in general?  Could you do any better? There will be no "Peace in our time" agreements however, and Putin must realise that.

It is amazing how many armchair critics come out at times like this spreading doom and gloom but doing nothing to constructively find an answer that will work.  As said, this has happened throughout history, and will continue for as long as man rules the Earth.
« Last Edit: 29 August 2014, 13:38:56 by Lizzie Zoom »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #38 on: 29 August 2014, 14:03:55 »

And Putler is not going to go away, he will bank any gains as a given like Crimea and Eastern Ukraine (All Ukraine?), where it is now a full invasion, being totally ignored by the US and Western Europe, so they don't have to do anything and Putler will then move onto the next targets, which are Georgia and Moldova, to stop them joining NATO and the EU. The Baltic states will then follow, so he has a land bridge to Kalingrad, which will finish NATO at the same time. With no NATO it is then game on to divide and conquer most of the rest of Western Europe where his vision is for an Eurasian superpower, which in his words stretches "from Lisbon to Vladivostok". With the size of the Russian economy, they can never become a Super power at the top table with the US and in a few more years China and India, without the GDP and technology of the majority of Western Europe.

All major wars in the last 250 years have all been started by dictators under 5' 8" in height, Putler in 5' 7".

He has a 2 year timetable, where he knows that Oduma, will appease and avoid wars at all costs and when push comes to shove Obuma will always blink first and that is also how long Russia's $400bn+ foreign currency reserves will last. The next US president will probably be Republican and not so accommodating. Putler only respects strong people and treats Obuma with total contempt where he is the epitome of all that Putler hates as a weak, wet, liberal lefty who thinks laws and courts count. They don't in Putler's eyes where he is busy creating and applying the laws of the Kalashnikov.

Where logic suggests that he will not risk cutting off gas and oil to western Europe for economic reasons, logic also suggested that Putler wouldn't ban food imports where 48% of their food requirements are currently imported. He has for three reasons: Where the EU is the biggest exporter of food to Russia, to try and use dissenting EU countries as a lever. To show the Russian people that the building of the new Russian empire will involve a bit of hardship here and there (he has an 80%+ approval rating from Muscovites on the ban), while they boost domestic production and finally, once he has banked his initial conquests to go on a charm offensive and lift the ban from some EU countries to destroy the EU's united front and when they make concessions on sanctions to stop the disintegration of EU policy as part of his divide and conquer policy, he will then use it for domestic consumption as another victory over the west. Aggressive people out to build empires, set their own rules for everybody else to play by, the Kremlin has always been very good at this and by applying their totally ruthless cold logic, they will create their own luck and success.

You know what Rods, you could be a very good imaginational war scenario writer ;D

and tinternet is a good place to test reactions of random readers ;D ;D

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #39 on: 29 August 2014, 14:26:39 »

And Putler is not going to go away, he will bank any gains as a given like Crimea and Eastern Ukraine (All Ukraine?), where it is now a full invasion, being totally ignored by the US and Western Europe, so they don't have to do anything and Putler will then move onto the next targets, which are Georgia and Moldova, to stop them joining NATO and the EU. The Baltic states will then follow, so he has a land bridge to Kalingrad, which will finish NATO at the same time. With no NATO it is then game on to divide and conquer most of the rest of Western Europe where his vision is for an Eurasian superpower, which in his words stretches "from Lisbon to Vladivostok". With the size of the Russian economy, they can never become a Super power at the top table with the US and in a few more years China and India, without the GDP and technology of the majority of Western Europe.

All major wars in the last 250 years have all been started by dictators under 5' 8" in height, Putler in 5' 7".

He has a 2 year timetable, where he knows that Oduma, will appease and avoid wars at all costs and when push comes to shove Obuma will always blink first and that is also how long Russia's $400bn+ foreign currency reserves will last. The next US president will probably be Republican and not so accommodating. Putler only respects strong people and treats Obuma with total contempt where he is the epitome of all that Putler hates as a weak, wet, liberal lefty who thinks laws and courts count. They don't in Putler's eyes where he is busy creating and applying the laws of the Kalashnikov.

Where logic suggests that he will not risk cutting off gas and oil to western Europe for economic reasons, logic also suggested that Putler wouldn't ban food imports where 48% of their food requirements are currently imported. He has for three reasons: Where the EU is the biggest exporter of food to Russia, to try and use dissenting EU countries as a lever. To show the Russian people that the building of the new Russian empire will involve a bit of hardship here and there (he has an 80%+ approval rating from Muscovites on the ban), while they boost domestic production and finally, once he has banked his initial conquests to go on a charm offensive and lift the ban from some EU countries to destroy the EU's united front and when they make concessions on sanctions to stop the disintegration of EU policy as part of his divide and conquer policy, he will then use it for domestic consumption as another victory over the west. Aggressive people out to build empires, set their own rules for everybody else to play by, the Kremlin has always been very good at this and by applying their totally ruthless cold logic, they will create their own luck and success.

You know what Rods, you could be a very good imaginational war scenario writer ;D

and tinternet is a good place to test reactions of random readers ;D ;D

............and publishing a book entitled Apocalypse Now.  Oh, hang on Cem, that title has already been used! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 29 August 2014, 14:49:25 »

Well I am with Rods2 on this one. We all ought to be making a fuss and demonstrating etc about the injustices in the world.
Ukraine, Syria, Libya, Iraq etc. The UN is toothless and more so because of the vetos available to the big players.

There is lots more we could do but the mentality isn't there. Witness today's headline news on Sky. A family took their sick boy out of hospital- what so they could all go on one final holiday together? newsworthy-yes but only twenty minutes in. Desperate Den(bless him) was right. We do live in an OK bubble.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 29 August 2014, 20:32:06 »

For those that aren't aware, there is a NATO heads of state conference in Celtic Manor (Cardiff) next week (Thr 4th and Fri 5th), with everybody from Obama down attending. The Ukraine situation is bound to be one of the subjects covered.

The Sheriff

« Reply #42 on: 29 August 2014, 20:45:43 »

For those that aren't aware, there is a NATO heads of state conference in Celtic Manor (Cardiff) next week (Thr 4th and Fri 5th), with everybody from Obama down attending. The Ukraine situation is bound to be one of the subjects covered.
Yep. As said on sky news last night, apart from threatening to cut up Putins store cards, they will have little more to threaten him with.

Rog

« Reply #43 on: 30 August 2014, 17:44:46 »

Newport actually. The huge hotel next to the M4.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 30 August 2014, 22:18:20 »

Newport actually. The huge hotel next to the M4.

As far as I'm concerned, it's Brize and Fairford, since thats where the Migs, Tiffies, 16's 18's and Mirages are supposed to be :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 18 queries.