Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Prices  (Read 2835 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Omega Prices
« on: 28 August 2014, 12:24:37 »

Vauxhall Omega 2.2 16V CD 4dr Auto
£1,595
Trade sale vehicle.

2002 (52 reg) Saloon 81,000 miles Automatic 2.2L Petrol
SILVER, HPI clear. Lots of service history and taxed till August 2014, Electric heated front seats, 16" alloy wheels, Electric front/rear windows/one touch operation, 2005

The above is just a random copy from an autotrader ad, I cant believe some of the prices that are being asked for Omegas compared to a couple of years ago.

If the above price is achievable then whats my 2.2 CD 2003 Auto worth with 46K on the clock
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: Omega Prices
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2014, 12:38:58 »

Yes indeed.

As we have said before, the rarer the Omega gets the more good condition ones will go up in price.  They are a classic car of the future Skrunts (nice to hear from you again! :y :y)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2014, 13:00:06 »

Loads of Omegas for sale as always, price dictated as to what people want to pay, that said, there's definitely a lack of high end spec models going around these days.

My belief is good late 3.0 /3.2 Elites and MV6's in the right condition and colour will be the ones that hold there prices in the future, despite fuel cost at the moment, theres still plenty of petrol heads out there wanting to own and drive a RWD Classic, of which the Omega will soon be.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2014, 13:03:39 »

TBE might even be worth £10 one day...

...with fuel included :P
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 August 2014, 13:05:25 »

Loads of Omegas for sale as always, price dictated as to what people want to pay, that said, there's definitely a lack of high end spec models going around these days.

My belief is good late 3.0 /3.2 Elites and MV6's in the right condition and colour will be the ones that hold there prices in the future, despite fuel cost at the moment, theres still plenty of petrol heads out there wanting to own and drive a RWD Classic, of which the Omega will soon be.
I think many OOFers have in the past upgraded from lower specs to the higher specs, and then hang on to them.

Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #5 on: 28 August 2014, 13:30:55 »

TBE might even be worth £10 one day...

...with fuel included :P

;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 August 2014, 13:51:18 »

I think many OOFers have in the past upgraded from lower specs to the higher specs, and then hang on to them.
Yea, I think your right there, although I think I'll be hanging on to both my poverty spec sub GLS Saloon and Estate, both of which are 3.2 Manuals.  ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 28 August 2014, 14:07:15 »

No plans on shifting mine either... Not that anyone would buy it ::)

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #8 on: 28 August 2014, 14:36:08 »

That is so true TB. :y :y

Since my first Omega 3.0 Elite in 1998, I have gone through a 2.5 CDX and multi -3.0's, all Elite's, but my current 3.2 Elite is certainly the best of all of them without question. The way Vx developed the Omega, although disappointingly terminated before it's time, was good with the driving experience advanced. It is a pleasure to drive my current (and last?) Omega as I feel it cannot be beaten. It is as good as these cars can get.  Hopefully it will be the car I finally keep to become a classic/collectors car after I have ceased to drive! 8) 8) 8) :y
« Last Edit: 28 August 2014, 14:39:36 by Lizzie Zoom »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 August 2014, 15:27:18 »

That is so true TB. :y :y

Since my first Omega 3.0 Elite in 1998, I have gone through a 2.5 CDX and multi -3.0's, all Elite's, but my current 3.2 Elite is certainly the best of all of them without question. The way Vx developed the Omega, although disappointingly terminated before it's time, was good with the driving experience advanced. It is a pleasure to drive my current (and last?) Omega as I feel it cannot be beaten. It is as good as these cars can get.  Hopefully it will be the car I finally keep to become a classic/collectors car after I have ceased to drive! 8) 8) 8) :y

A real beauty........just like it's owner......... ;) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 August 2014, 16:04:47 »

Mine is struggling to fetch £1,000 although bodywork needs attention.  Its also one of the older ones. With low miles and very clean interior, I wonder how much I could get if I repaired the paintwork.

Worth the effort?

05omegav6

« Reply #11 on: 28 August 2014, 16:16:36 »

I suspect it will be well worth it... :y

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #12 on: 28 August 2014, 16:56:35 »

Just had need to look at my V5 and noticed my Omega was registered 1st September 2003.

Now on a web site detailing the history of the Omega they state "on 25th June 2003, the last Omega rolled out of the factory in Rüsselsheim".

If true, is mine one of the last? ??? ???

I would point out it was a Vauxhall Management car when new so probably quickly registered and not left in store too long.

Rog

« Reply #13 on: 28 August 2014, 17:00:18 »

:y I hope you're right  ;D

But realistically, I'm on Omega No 4 and I'll hang on as long as it is practical to do so, but I can't have a car as a hobby. Anything serious and it will have to go  :'(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 August 2014, 17:15:20 »

Just had need to look at my V5 and noticed my Omega was registered 1st September 2003.

Now on a web site detailing the history of the Omega they state "on 25th June 2003, the last Omega rolled out of the factory in Rüsselsheim".

If true, is mine one of the last? ??? ???

I would point out it was a Vauxhall Management car when new so probably quickly registered and not left in store too long.
It doesn't prove Jack, Lizzie.

My Omega was registered on the 20th December 2003.......53 plate.

According to Mr Jimbob it rolled off the production line in Germany in June 2002..... :o :o

As for where it was for those 18 months, well, your guess is as good as mine.

If you give Jimbob your registration number he can tell you when it rolled off the production line. :y :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: 28 August 2014, 17:18:00 by Doctor Opti »
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.