Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: FL Mv6 estate rear springs  (Read 2272 times)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
FL Mv6 estate rear springs
« on: 01 September 2014, 17:41:05 »

Quick question for you lot  :)

Its looking like i'll end up replacing the rear springs on my shed car  :(
Sadly, i'm skint as usual so unless Vauxhall are going to sell me some OEM ones at a very big discount, it looks like i'll end up going down the aftermarket route.

Right, its fitted with the standard mv6 springs at the moment which are okay most of the time but I do tend to carry quite a lot of weight in there sometimes plus with the added weight of the LPG tank over the rear axel / dragging the burger van around, it can get too soft for my taste.

Does anybody out there in OOF land know of a spring which would give me around the same ride height unladed but also be a little bit more support when its loaded up ? 

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
Re: FL Mv6 estate rear springs
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2014, 18:03:20 »

'dangle berries'  :-[

Can this be moved to General Help please  :-[

chrisgixer

« Reply #2 on: 01 September 2014, 18:04:25 »

Sounds to me like it needs air shocks or spring assisters, not that I'd recommend the latter but solutions seem limited. I'd say mv6 springs, while slightly lower, are prety firm already tbh.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 September 2014, 18:11:48 »

Sounds to me like it needs air shocks or spring assisters, not that I'd recommend the latter but solutions seem limited. I'd say mv6 springs, while slightly lower, are prety firm already tbh.

That might not be a bad idea Chris  :)
Iirc, Cliffo B was toying with the idea of manually pressurising a pair a while back  :-\
Did he ever get anywhere with it ?

Still probably need some springs though  ;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 September 2014, 18:12:20 »

Thinking out loud now TG, my Late 3.2 Plod Estate has Self Leveling as well as the usual Plod hardened Suspension set up, must admit Ive had shite loads of heavy stuff in the back and its never battered an eyelid.

So thinking your probably not going to get your hands on some Plod Estate bits short term but what if you went down the SL bit but retained the original MV6 set up, not sure if doable, seem to remember way back someone on here did something similar.

chrisgixer

« Reply #5 on: 01 September 2014, 18:16:08 »

Sadly, i'm skint as usual so unless Vauxhall are going to sell me some OEM ones at a very big discount, it looks like i'll end up going down the aftermarket route.

Right, its fitted with the standard mv6 springs at the moment which are okay most of the time but I do tend to carry quite a lot of weight in there sometimes plus with the added weight of the LPG tank over the rear axel / dragging the burger van around, it can get too soft for my taste.

Does anybody out there in OOF land know of a spring which would give me around the same ride height unladed but also be a little bit more support when its loaded up ? 

Iirc, Cliffo B was toying with the idea of manually pressurising a pair a while back  :-\

Why?

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 September 2014, 18:19:59 »

Why?

Not checked yet due to no time / pishing down BUT I heard a clunk when I went over a speed bump a couple of day ago. Now, i'm getting a nice clunk (off side rear) when ever I load up the drivers side in a corner.
Got a feeling, one of the pigtails has gone walkabout  :-\

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 September 2014, 18:22:07 »

Thinking out loud now TG, my Late 3.2 Plod Estate has Self Leveling as well as the usual Plod hardened Suspension set up, must admit Ive had shite loads of heavy stuff in the back and its never battered an eyelid.

So thinking your probably not going to get your hands on some Plod Estate bits short term but what if you went down the SL bit but retained the original MV6 set up, not sure if doable, seem to remember way back someone on here did something similar.

What springs are on the front of that car Chris ?

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 September 2014, 18:25:54 »

What springs are on the front of that car Chris ?
No idea mate, but guessing the usual Police Spec on the Fronts (same as Plod Saloons).

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 01 September 2014, 18:39:01 »

Seconded :y

Wonder if Biggriffins still has its rear suspension attached :-\

chrisgixer

« Reply #10 on: 01 September 2014, 18:45:07 »

Doesn't nitro have some plod rears going spare?

chrisgixer

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 September 2014, 17:49:07 »

Right, I figure, or more accurately hope and friggin pray  ;D  that with the extra weight of the lpg tank / tow bar and all the crap I tend to carry in the back, a nice pair of standard length heavy but duty springs should sit okay along side the MV6 fronts so i've just ordered a pair @ 96 quid from the local factors.

Thanks for the comments lads  :)

The car only failed on one knackered spring and went straight through last year so well chuffed at that  :y :y

Springs should be here Monday sometime so when the jobs done and if it looks okay  ;D  i'll sort some pickys out and keep the part numbers in case anybody gets the same problem  :)

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.