Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Few electrical questions and car phone/bose  (Read 4069 times)

Vauxhall omega owner

• Uk
    • Vauxhall
    • View Profile
Few electrical questions and car phone/bose
« on: 12 February 2017, 03:28:53 »

Hello

I have bought a Vauxhall omega elite and it has a few  electrical gremlins.

Firstly, the bose driver's speaker is not functioning, I have altered the balance to confirm this, is there anything I can do to test the wiring and fix this? There seems to be no sound coming out of the tweeter as well.

Secondly, I have a Nokia telephone box with SOS button in my glovebox and was wondering if I could use this and if it still works all these years later or connect my phone to it somehow?
Also I can't use CD RW on this player but can I use a CD RW on the top slot only instead of the CD changer will this damage the stereo? Is there a way of playing music from my phone without FM transmitter?

Thirdly, is there a way of altering the brightness on a colour information display?

Fourthly, while driving, sometimes the left hand light from the roof randomly comes on and requires me to push the headlamp knob in then out to turn it off. Also the sunroof seems to have a mind of its own and goes ajar then closes itself randomly. None of the buttons on the roof light turn any of the map lights on and I can't test the bulbs as they are impossible to pull out  :-\

Fifth: the knob to adjust brightness for the dash lights does not spin is there a fix for this?

Sixth: passenger side heated seat does not work/light up is there a fix as I'm unsure it's fuse as driver's side works.

Thank you for your assistance it is much appreciated.

Vauxhall omega owner

• Uk
    • Vauxhall
    • View Profile
Re: Few electrical questions and car phone/bose
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2017, 05:29:13 »

I forgot to add the radio is a Siemens ncdc 2013

Also parking sensors do not work either no beep or sound at all when reverse selected where do I start there

Thank you

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2017, 05:35:41 »

Do NOT use anything other than factory recorded cds if you want to retain the ability to play cds.

Glovebox item requires a full size T Mobile sim card.

There are various guides to answer the bulk of your questions... :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2017, 17:01:01 »

Do NOT use anything other than factory recorded cds if you want to retain the ability to play cds.

Other way around DG, if its a Telematics, which it sounds like it is, then GSM Network only, so Vodafone and O2, or Providers that use these Networks. PCN Networks, ie, Orange, T Mobile, EE, Virgin etc, wont work.  ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2017, 17:04:39 »

Other way around DG, if its a Telematics, which it sounds like it is, then GSM Network only, so Vodafone and O2, or Providers that use these Networks. PCN Networks, ie, Orange, T Mobile, EE, Virgin etc, wont work.  ;)
Ah ok ;) thinking ccrt2008...
Onanists always think outside the box.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2017, 17:15:17 »

Ah ok ;) thinking ccrt2008...
Yea, that one, if its the double din type will do both Networks, if its a single din Crt thing'y or what ever the number is then again GSM only.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2017, 17:18:38 »

I forgot to add the radio is a Siemens ncdc 2013

Also parking sensors do not work either no beep or sound at all when reverse selected where do I start there

Thank you
Should really be a NCDC 2015 if its got a Telephone Telematics in the Glove Box.  :-\

Vauxhall omega owner

• Uk
    • Vauxhall
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 February 2017, 23:56:01 »

Hello thank you for your responses

I tried putting a Vodafone SIM card in today and nothing happened and the Nokia box only illuminates when I press the SOS button and it says make emergency call on the display, and that dosent go through either. The call buttons on the unit take me to the sat nav as well.

I will work my way through the guides the lights that come on of their own accord is driving me mad this car has a mind of its own!
Zirk: it's definitely a 2013  :-\
« Last Edit: 13 February 2017, 00:01:43 by Vauxhall omega owner »

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 February 2017, 07:26:29 »

I tried putting a Vodafone SIM card in today and nothing happened and the Nokia box only illuminates when I press the SOS button and it says make emergency call on the display, and that dosent go through either. The call buttons on the unit take me to the sat nav as well.

I will work my way through the guides the lights that come on of their own accord is driving me mad this car has a mind of its own!
Zirk: it's definitely a 2013 :-\
2013 doesnt have call buttons, 2015 does, on the 2015 the call buttons are the 2 to the right of the keypad, on the 2013 the same buttons are marked differently and are Sat Nav buttons, one of them is a Alternative Route, other is instant 'Take me Home' if the home address has been programmed into the Sat Nav Memory.

Something is a miss then, if yove got a 2013 with telematics, I wonder if it been swapped or someone has changed the front Fascia.

There are basically the same unit but the 2015 has some different button features which are more geared towards the telephone side of things.

On the Vodafone Sim, does it give you Network Signal on the Display (Top Right), GSM Aerial ok?, what you got Saloon or Estate, could also try Manual Network Selection, its all in the Manual, have a read of the Owners Manual its quiet comprehensive, if you dont have one you can download it here -

http://www.opel-niedersachsen.de/pdf/ncdcr_2011_13_15_2002.pdf

« Last Edit: 13 February 2017, 07:35:07 by zirk »

Vauxhall omega owner

• Uk
    • Vauxhall
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 February 2017, 13:27:15 »

Zirk: it's definitely a 2013 :-\
2013 doesnt have call buttons, 2015 does, on the 2015 the call buttons are the 2 to the right of the keypad, on the 2013 the same buttons are marked differently and are Sat Nav buttons, one of them is a Alternative Route, other is instant 'Take me Home' if the home address has been programmed into the Sat Nav Memory.

Something is a miss then, if yove got a 2013 with telematics, I wonder if it been swapped or someone has changed the front Fascia.

There are basically the same unit but the 2015 has some different button features which are more geared towards the telephone side of things.

On the Vodafone Sim, does it give you Network Signal on the Display (Top Right), GSM Aerial ok?, what you got Saloon or Estate, could also try Manual Network Selection, its all in the Manual, have a read of the Owners Manual its quiet comprehensive, if you dont have one you can download it here -

http://www.opel-niedersachsen.de/pdf/ncdcr_2011_13_15_2002.pdf

Something is very amiss, the green and red buttons which I assumed were for calling actually have a house legend and tries to activate the satnav further confirming it is a 2013.

When I insert the SIM card I don't get any network signal on the display. The car is a saloon and I cannot access any network settings as all the buttons take me to the sat nav again.
This confirms it's a 2013 according to the manual yet the telematics is definitely connected allowing me to press SOS call and showing up on the colour display and I have the option of ending the call with the rotary knob.

I had a look at the guide for model type and another strange thing about this car is that it has every option incl. Leather heated seats but they have to be manually operated with no electricl function.  ???

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 February 2017, 15:13:37 »

Something is very amiss, the green and red buttons which I assumed were for calling actually have a house legend and tries to activate the satnav further confirming it is a 2013.

When I insert the SIM card I don't get any network signal on the display. The car is a saloon and I cannot access any network settings as all the buttons take me to the sat nav again.
This confirms it's a 2013 according to the manual yet the telematics is definitely connected allowing me to press SOS call and showing up on the colour display and I have the option of ending the call with the rotary knob.

I had a look at the guide for model type and another strange thing about this car is that it has every option incl. Leather heated seats but they have to be manually operated with no electrical function.  ???
Well one of two things have happened then, either its always been a 2013 set up and someone has tried to add the Telematics to it, or it was a 2015 set up and someones replaced the 2015 HU with a 2013.

It is possible to run a 2013 with a Telematics (assuming one knows what buttons do what) but it will need reprogramming /  pairing up with a Tech 2 Tool, which Im guessing your need the Audio Pass Code for it. Not sure how that will effect or change the actual working of the Telephone Screen, someone with a Tech 2 will need to confirm that one.

On the Seats side, Elites have Full Electric and Memory functions only, all controlled by the buttons on the lower side of the seat near the footwell. If thats also missing, then thats been played with aswell.

You have bought an Elite?, 2 x Bose Subs in the rear Parcel Shelf is probably the easiest way to confirm.

Vauxhall omega owner

• Uk
    • Vauxhall
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 February 2017, 15:26:07 »

Car is definitely an elite and has the the Bose subwoofer on the rear parcel shelf.

In terms of the telematics being being paired up, surely the sos button functioning means they are paired up? Wouldn't this work at all if it wasn't the case? It could be a case of the buttons but it it does not ention this in the manual.

I've noticed some elites have heated rear seats and mine does not. The front seats are leather and only have the height up and down button and everything else is manual so very weird.
I forgot to add the car is a 2.2 diesel.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 February 2017, 16:10:55 »

Car is definitely an elite and has the the Bose subwoofer on the rear parcel shelf.

In terms of the telematics being being paired up, surely the sos button functioning means they are paired up? Wouldn't this work at all if it wasn't the case? It could be a case of the buttons but it it does not ention this in the manual.

I've noticed some elites have heated rear seats and mine does not. The front seats are leather and only have the height up and down button and everything else is manual so very weird.
I forgot to add the car is a 2.2 diesel.
Paired as in Security Paired, rather than just having power attached, on the NCDC's each item, HU / Screen / Telematics Unit are all Security Paired together, hence you dont need a Code when the Battery is removed, but the Code is used as part of the Pairing / De Pairing / replacing Individual Units etc.

Also sounds like your seats have been played with aswell.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 February 2017, 23:45:09 »

Recently there have been a couple of Omegas advertised on Ebay as Elites, when in actual fact they were probably CDX's from the equipment on them.
It is feasible that a leather interior from a CDX has been put in the car to replace cloth interior which would explain the lack of electric seat controls and no heated rear seats.
Do the door cards have leather trim pieces above the arm rest / window controls, or are they cloth? Not everyone changes the door cards when adding leather.
I would not have thought it was a problem identifying which head unit is fitted as they are subtly different in their appearance. The audio handbook is the best place to see the differences.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Vauxhall omega owner

• Uk
    • Vauxhall
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 February 2017, 01:02:10 »

Recently there have been a couple of Omegas advertised on Ebay as Elites, when in actual fact they were probably CDX's from the equipment on them.
It is feasible that a leather interior from a CDX has been put in the car to replace cloth interior which would explain the lack of electric seat controls and no heated rear seats.
Do the door cards have leather trim pieces above the arm rest / window controls, or are they cloth? Not everyone changes the door cards when adding leather.
I would not have thought it was a problem identifying which head unit is fitted as they are subtly different in their appearance. The audio handbook is the best place to see the differences.

I think you are on to something the bit between the armrest and the door handle is cloth but the car has elite badging on it on the sides and has every elite option on it which I will list:
Automatic rear view mirror
Xenon headlamps
Heated front seats
Illuminated vanity mirror
Rear passenger reading lights
Rear window blind
Cruise control
Rear spoiler
17 alloys
Bose stereo with amp
Sunroof

Very strange  :o
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.