Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tunnie style  (Read 3487 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Tunnie style
« Reply #15 on: 19 October 2017, 08:26:23 »

I have had the opposite experience today. Over the last 1000 miles mine has averaged 24.1mpg, which isn't bad for a 3.2 which doesn't often see a motorway or trunk road.
This afternoon I had to drive into the hellhole which is the centre of Colchester, and then back out again in rush hour. These few miles brought the average consumption down to 23.8 mpg.  >:(
Colchester has a rush hour now? Both horses out on the road? ;)

Place has obviously gone to the dogs since I lived there in 1990. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 October 2017, 09:00:20 »

My right foot seems to have settled down now and my fuel computer has settled around thr 45mpg mark. Not too bad for a 2.0 diesel running around locally. I will reset it before I visit mother in Liverpool and see what I get on a run.

Low 40's from the Zaf as well, so far. Again quite pleased given it's a big mum bus

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 October 2017, 11:47:39 »

I have had the opposite experience today. Over the last 1000 miles mine has averaged 24.1mpg, which isn't bad for a 3.2 which doesn't often see a motorway or trunk road.
This afternoon I had to drive into the hellhole which is the centre of Colchester, and then back out again in rush hour. These few miles brought the average consumption down to 23.8 mpg.  >:(
Colchester has a rush hour now? Both horses out on the road? ;)

Place has obviously gone to the dogs since I lived there in 1990. ::)

It most certainly has. The place is chaos a lot of the time. Population and vehicles on the roads has risen dramatically, but the only developments in transport seem to have made things worse rather than better.
It took me 20 minutes to travel half the length of Remembrance avenue ( less than half a mile) at 3.30pm yesterday.
Trying to get back out three hours later was ridiculous. It would have been quicker to walk.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 October 2017, 18:34:22 »

Brim to brim came out at around 37.1mpg for that tank.  Makes me think if you can tolerate driving at the speed limit on a long run, 50mpg is possible.  But not worth it, the car likes lifting its skirt, and getting on it :)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 October 2017, 18:35:33 »

Fed up with picking up silly fines for work put me on work to rule ;D

So my trip to Sheffield yesterday was driven at the speed limit.  I thought with less than half a tank when I set out I was going to have to fill up. But it made it there and back on quarter of a tank, if the gauge is to be believed.  It will need filling up before Colindale tomorrow though, as it had a special treat on the way back from work today...   ...a proper spanking.

I used to live in Colindale.
You poor bastid ;D
Grumpy old man

Paddy Flannery

• Intermediate Member
  • Hertford, Hertfordshire
    • 2003 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19 October 2017, 20:51:12 »

So my trip to Sheffield yesterday was driven at the speed limit.  I thought with less than half a tank when I set out I was going to have to fill up. But it made it there and back on quarter of a tank, if the gauge is to be believed.  It will need filling up before Colindale tomorrow though, as it had a special treat on the way back from work today...   ...a proper spanking.
[/quote

You poor bastid ;D

I used to work in Colindale.
« Last Edit: 19 October 2017, 20:53:17 by Paddy Flannery »

Lincs Robert

« Reply #21 on: 19 October 2017, 21:10:22 »

You poor bastid ;D

Used to live around the corner from the tube station & drink at the Chandon pub. Is it still there? Very hand for the RAF museum as well.

Paddy Flannery

• Intermediate Member
  • Hertford, Hertfordshire
    • 2003 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 October 2017, 01:16:23 »

Yes, Chandon underwent a refurb a couple of years ago. Lots of flats springing up all around there including down by the tube station.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.