Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Ashridge meet anyone ?  (Read 4378 times)

OmegaGav

• Intermediate Member
  • Hemel Hempstead
  • For god sake doooo something !!!!!
    • 08' Vectra 3.0 V6 Cdti
    • View Profile
Another Ashridge meet anyone ?
« on: 18 July 2009, 08:10:57 »

Hi all, after the success of the last Ashridge meet I am thinking of arranging another one on Saturday the 19th of September.

As the Reading meets group seems to have dissolved I was thinking about a name change, my personal thoughts are for something like "OOF! South East meet No1 @ Ashridge" with the next meet being "OOF! South East meet No2 @ wherever" etc etc

Reading members will always be welcome ! :y

Also to mix the locations up a bit I was thinking that if everyone at a meet who would be interested in organising a meet puts there name into a hat and we would have a draw to decide who would be organising the next meet

As I said these are only my personal thoughts and I would like to see what other members think  :-/ :-/ :y :y

Also if anyone can see any date clashes let me know ::) ::) :y :y

Right Job done I'm ready for constructive criticism ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

Yes it's my M&S goulash cannon. Ready Aim Fire...!!!

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
Re: Another Ashridge meet anyone ?
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2009, 09:19:43 »

how about calling it "the common OOFers" ;D, id try & get down for the next one even though im somewhat miles away as it gets me away & its a trip down misery memory lane :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2009, 11:24:45 »

Like the idea of varying the location - ok that may mean some can't make some meets, but allows other members who can't make Ashridge to attend
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2009, 11:19:56 »

yep, would very happily attend Ashridge again. Could bring the mountain bikes and the Mrs and go see the sights up the top like Mr and Mrs ians did, play cars and be organised enough to contribute a bit more this time. No need to change wheels again, bugger that.

But on the other hand and over all, would also like to move around, see the sights and other members who can attend. Better the location, the easier to sell to other halfs. Mrs gixer had other issues to attend to last time or she would have attended and enjoyed it i have no doubt.

Also like the open minded approach Gav, good man :-)

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
  • Astra VXR it's a way of life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2009, 14:50:16 »

Nice one Gav

Fully agree with the name change to be honest and  South East Herts sounds very good to me and would soon be associated with our group.

Various locations arranged within the current members is also a very good idea as we have people who are local and people who are a fair distance away and we both know this can be draining if the meets are in the same area each time

Your first go at arranging the meet went very well Gav and i think along with all the others who attended you did a fantastic job in ensuring everyone was catered for.
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2009, 14:52:42 »

I like the varied location idea too.  I've got no problem travelling to somewhere interesting (like Ashbridge - and happy to meet there again) - much preferred over an industrial/shopping/leisure centre carpark.

I also appreciated the barbie and opportunity for other activities - makes it more attractive to other halves than a meet purely about sticking heads under bonnets.. ;)

I suggest naming it on the location of the specific meet for clarity on the board.

Cheers
Ian

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 July 2009, 15:07:06 »

I like the varied location idea too.  I've got no problem travelling to somewhere interesting (like Ashbridge - and happy to meet there again) - much preferred over an industrial/shopping/leisure centre carpark.

I also appreciated the barbie and opportunity for other activities - makes it more attractive to other halves than a meet purely about sticking heads under bonnets.. ;)

I suggest naming it on the location of the specific meet for clarity on the board.

Cheers
Ian

This is exactly what we want to move away from too :y
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 July 2009, 15:29:43 »

Cheers
Ian

Most areas should have 'nicer' places to meet than carparks - the Chilterns is full of Forestry Commission places.  Obviously, for the girls, some facilities are required.

That said, I can't immediately think of anywhere around here that has such facilities  :-[
Grumpy old man

OmegaGav

• Intermediate Member
  • Hemel Hempstead
  • For god sake doooo something !!!!!
    • 08' Vectra 3.0 V6 Cdti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 July 2009, 05:49:46 »

Cheers
Ian

Most areas should have 'nicer' places to meet than carparks - the Chilterns is full of Forestry Commission places.  Obviously, for the girls, some facilities are required.

That said, I can't immediately think of anywhere around here that has such facilities  :-[
Theres always Billing Aquadrome even just for a day meet. I do fancy having a long weekender up there some time, but probably not this year as I am a fair weather camper ::) ::) :y :y

Yes it's my M&S goulash cannon. Ready Aim Fire...!!!

Risky Duckfeet

• High Wycombe
  • Don't look behind you!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 July 2009, 23:06:16 »

Cheers
Ian

Theres always Billing Aquadrome even just for a day meet. I do fancy having a long weekender up there some time, but probably not this year as I am a fair weather camper ::) ::) :y :y
Hi all,
Obviously with Ashridge being my first meet I don't have much to make comparison with but the thought of meeting up in a town car park sounds pretty horrible.
There are some great country locations around, I'll try to think of a couple suitable ones to throw at all of you.
Hope you are all well, been a busy few days so not had time to say hello.
K

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 July 2009, 23:10:11 »

just a thought, what is dunstable downs like these days, is there a large parking area up there? :-/

LordShiplane

• Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 July 2009, 23:31:18 »

I would love to give Ashridge a visit. pencil me in guys
A person needs only three tools: WD-40, duct tape and a hammer. If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape. If either doesn't work use the hammer

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 July 2009, 15:10:42 »

just a thought, what is dunstable downs like these days, is there a large parking area up there? :-/
Pretty busy, and so close to ashridge, may as well use latter.  I think the idea was to go further afield, for eg up to 1hr away from there, to allow others to try a meet who'd otherwise be unwilling/apprehensive to travel large distances to see what goes on
Grumpy old man

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 July 2009, 14:50:36 »

Pretty busy, and so close to ashridge, may as well use latter.  I think the idea was to go further afield, for eg up to 1hr away from there, to allow others to try a meet who'd otherwise be unwilling/apprehensive to travel large distances to see what goes on

Maybe somewhere towards Northampton for the next meet ??
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

Beverley

« Reply #14 on: 29 July 2009, 17:38:44 »

Looking forward to the next meet, the last one was really good and the kids enjoyed messing about in the woods
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.