Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: hi everyone new to oof  (Read 5794 times)

bosshugoboss

• southampton
    • passat tdi
    • View Profile
hi everyone new to oof
« on: 11 December 2014, 21:27:13 »

hi everyone
new to this forum
how do I place a car for sale

05omegav6

Re: hi everyone new to oof
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2014, 21:30:07 »

Hi, have you tried Autotrader and Ebay ::)

bosshugoboss

• southampton
    • passat tdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2014, 21:32:49 »

hi
does anyone have a contact no for kevin wood the moderator
thx

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2014, 21:33:10 »

You don't. You've tried twice already.

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #4 on: 11 December 2014, 23:50:08 »

Welcome to OOF mate :y - and read the rules re selling ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 12 December 2014, 00:57:25 »

Welcome to OOF mate :y - and read the rules re selling ;)
Has tried two times today to list his own ebay add and, I believe, been banned twice in the process ;)

omega squared

• london area
    • 335i/race car/2 x V6 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 December 2014, 10:09:46 »

Ive been here for 4 years and still don't have enough posts to sell anything I think its a silly rule should be lowered to something like 20, and not apply if registered more than 12 months before.
nothing tows better than an Omega estate in this price range

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 December 2014, 10:21:08 »

When i first joined the forum i too thought that 250 post was enormous,however if you join in and get involved a bit it is amazing how quickly they add up to the required 250..And now i believe that it is a fair figure to have,,i.m.o....it gets the genuine members who have a genuine interest in the forum to be involved and stops the ones that want to use it just as a cheap non paying sales forum...and it works well......And do not forget that you can get all the help and advice,,free,,,even with just one post,...Also do not forget these guys that run it do it for free in their own time.. :y :y

omega squared

• london area
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 December 2014, 10:35:05 »

I am on a few different forums, I know how they work, 250 post count to sell something is crazy, we could at least have an option to pay an annual fee (usually £10) to then be a premium member with access to sales section.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 December 2014, 10:43:15 »

When i first joined the forum i too thought that 250 post was enormous,however if you join in and get involved a bit it is amazing how quickly they add up to the required 250..And now i believe that it is a fair figure to have,,i.m.o....it gets the genuine members who have a genuine interest in the forum to be involved and stops the ones that want to use it just as a cheap non paying sales forum...and it works well......And do not forget that you can get all the help and advice,,free,,,even with just one post,...Also do not forget these guys that run it do it for free in their own time.. :y :y

Can't improve on that. Agree all the way.

Just show you're an honest person interested in the cars, get involved in a bit of banter, ask some questions, reply to others. Even a newbie can offer very sound advice, even though you might think you 'know nothing' about the cars, that's probably not the case. Everyone's welcome, it's just a case of showing willing. To answer a question with a question - how would you feel sending eg: £700 to a perfect stranger, going to pick the car up, and it's not there? That's totally different to buying it off a guy that's known, you chatted to various times over many months, has many friends on this forum, and lots of people know them face-to-face.

Not to be contrary, but the thing is paying money takes no effort...racking up posts does. And that's the point - showing willing.

:)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

05omegav6

« Reply #10 on: 12 December 2014, 11:06:21 »

I am on a few different forums, I know how they work, 250 post count to sell something is crazy, we could at least have an option to pay an annual fee (usually £10) to then be a premium member with access to sales section.
I totally understand where you're coming from, and why ;) but the foundations of this forum are principled, hence no paid advertising and no membership fee. That way everyone is equal, with no impression of favourites etc. Hell Tb wouldn't even accept donations when the server rolled over last year.

It's a rare and noble sentiment in this messed up world, frustrating as it might seem in your position :y

(apologies for the really gay thumbs up...)

omega squared

• london area
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 December 2014, 11:22:33 »

I hear what you are saying Al, that all makes sense, and I have seen on other forums where they have let themselves open to dodgy new members then trying to scam people, so its good to avoid that.
But the flip side is 250 is a massive number so it makes it impossible for someone like me to join in for sale and wanted, I've been running Omega's since 2009 and this forum has helped me a lot, have bought a lot of spares on here which has saved me a fortune  and got lots of good tips on fixing things.

05omegav6

« Reply #12 on: 12 December 2014, 13:06:49 »

I hear what you are saying Al, that all makes sense, and I have seen on other forums where they have let themselves open to dodgy new members then trying to scam people, so its good to avoid that.
But the flip side is 250 is a massive number so it makes it impossible for someone like me to join in for sale and wanted, I've been running Omega's since 2009 and this forum has helped me a lot, have bought a lot of spares on here which has saved me a fortune  and got lots of good tips on fixing things.
As an example: Mr Gixer has been here less than 18 months in his current form, yet has posted 11,000 times... ignoring the psycology of that a second, point is it really doesn't take long :y

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 December 2014, 13:52:00 »

To set the record straight,

This user set up 3 accounts to try and sell his own ebay link, looking at his feedback he was obviously a trader.

All 3 accounts have been banned, any more will be as well, and due to his cheek even if someone else starts a thread on that particular car, it will be removed too.

We are not the free ad's

05omegav6

« Reply #14 on: 12 December 2014, 15:30:54 »

To set the record straight,

This user set up 3 accounts to try and sell his own ebay link, looking at his feedback he was obviously a trader.

All 3 accounts have been banned, any more will be as well, and due to his cheek even if someone else starts a thread on that particular car, it will be removed too.

We are not the free ad's
;)
Credit to DBG for spotting yesterday what I had missed :-[
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.