Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted: Omega 2.5 diesel LHD  (Read 1556 times)

stuartfrombarnsley

• View Profile
Wanted: Omega 2.5 diesel LHD
« on: 14 July 2010, 18:56:27 »

Hi I am new to the forum and I am looking for a Omega 2.5 diesel LHD to use in Spain. Estate prefered,about 4000Euros,anyone help?
« Last Edit: 15 July 2010, 16:16:32 by Kevin_Wood »

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Re: F/S '03' Omega 3.2 Elite Esate Black 61,000 miles
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2010, 20:35:10 »

Hi I am new to the forum and I am looking for a Omega 2.5 diesel LHD to use in Spain. Estate prefered,about 4000Euros,anyone help?
I doubt you'll find one of those here.
Retired

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Omega 2.5 diesel LHD
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2010, 16:18:55 »

Here, I've split into a separate topic for easier visibility in case anyone is able to help.

For wanted ADs where post count is insufficient to start a topic in the appropriate area, start a topic in the "Test Zone" and we will move it, rather than piggy-back from someone else's topic. :y

Kevin
« Last Edit: 15 July 2010, 16:20:53 by Kevin_Wood »
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2010, 16:49:12 »

Ola! I wish you luck in finding one in the UK. No harm in asking though you just never know.

Will you matriculate it onto Spanish plates when you get to Spain?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

saltyone

• Intermediate Member
  • warrington cheshire
  • my babys
    • 53 2.6cdx /06 xj6 2.7tdvi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2010, 17:05:45 »

pm sent to one i know off  :)
"friends help you move....REAL friends help you move bodies"

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2010, 17:32:18 »

Try simonomega2 he has a german contact.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 July 2010, 21:36:11 »

Warning!!!!!!!! as of last week the spanish authorities have decided that they will not allow older cars or vans or caravans to be metricuated unless they have a spanish market homologation number in the paperwork from the manufacturer!!! this is we think being done to keep the ridiculouslyy high prices of secondhand cars here at the same level thay have always been at, and something about emissions being high on older vehicles? but that dont work for caravans!1 lol,
 seriously though the law comes into effect on july the 24th, and in that time i have to rebuild the turbo on one t4 put it on and then respray the whle car,fit hand brake cables and gear linkage and weld up the t2, i finished respraying a t3 camper this morning,  got to buff it in a couple of days, then reasssemble it ready for itv, then repair the burstner caravan brakes, put a new stop shocker on the towing eye of the fendt, find out where i can get wheelbearings and shoes for the deathleffs, and take them all down to malaga for itv when the paperwork is finished one at a time !!!1 sheesh!! :y

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
  • Lydney, Gloucestershire
  • Its just GOTTA be a big V6. Mmm....NOS........
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 July 2010, 09:42:36 »

Warning!!!!!!!! as of last week the spanish authorities have decided that they will not allow older cars or vans or caravans to be metricuated unless they have a spanish market homologation number in the paperwork from the manufacturer!!! this is we think being done to keep the ridiculouslyy high prices of secondhand cars here at the same level thay have always been at, and something about emissions being high on older vehicles? but that dont work for caravans!1 lol,
 seriously though the law comes into effect on july the 24th, and in that time i have to rebuild the turbo on one t4 put it on and then respray the whle car,fit hand brake cables and gear linkage and weld up the t2, i finished respraying a t3 camper this morning,  got to buff it in a couple of days, then reasssemble it ready for itv, then repair the burstner caravan brakes, put a new stop shocker on the towing eye of the fendt, find out where i can get wheelbearings and shoes for the deathleffs, and take them all down to malaga for itv when the paperwork is finished one at a time !!!1 sheesh!! :y

And you are going to be helped by HOW many people????
Self confessed Electro-Mechanical nut, Guitarist/Singer and Motorcyclist. Drives an estate due to all the equipment he has to carry,Electrickery fiddler who loves Automatics and BIG Vee engines.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 July 2010, 16:42:39 »

And you are going to be helped by HOW many people????

lol just little old me and  a lot of beer!!its currently 38 degrees here and thats a cool day!! can you imagine what it is like welding? :y

stuartfrombarnsley

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 July 2010, 20:26:10 »

Ideally I wanted one already registered in Spain. In Andalucia would be good.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 July 2010, 08:22:24 »

Ideally I wanted one already registered in Spain. In Andalucia would be good.

can get them but very very high prices have you looked here
http://www.ooyyo.com/used-cars/opel-omega/spain/page-2
cover the whole of spain, im in andalucia if its any help!! :y

damn thats page 2 ;D make sure you search all pages!! lol
« Last Edit: 17 July 2010, 08:23:12 by Omegatoy »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 July 2010, 10:59:31 »

Stuart. Don't forget the rules on cars in the EU.

The car has to be legal (taxed, insured and MOt'd in the country of registration).

If you are resident in Spain (live there for longer than six months) then technically you can't drive around in a UK regd car. You have to "flip" your driving licence to a Spanish one, take up residency, have a Spanish reg car or matriculate( change it into a Spanish car - new log book, Spanish MOT and insurance) your own car.

If you don't intend to live here and can prove(if necessary) that you aren't here longer than six months then you are far better running a legal UK car. And it is cheaper!

You perhaps already know all this, but if not drop me a pm and I will answer any other Q's you may have.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.