Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: COOLANT LEAK.  (Read 558 times)

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
COOLANT LEAK.
« on: 13 March 2011, 01:14:12 »

I went yesterday the have a look at an R reg cdx with a coolant leak for a freind of my dads, in bognor.
the owner was having to top up the cooland bottle withappreox 1/2 litre of coolant every week, and has been for about 2 mnths.
 I stripped off the plenium and intake manifold and sandwich plate to take a look at the oil cooler plate, for a poss leak there
Found nothing conclusive there although the area just below the coolant bridge was slightly damp.
 On inspection the only thing i found was a slight weep from the coolant hose from the HBV to coolant bridge.
I removed the hose and cleaned the bridge connection and checked the hose for splits and found hose ok.
Whilst there i checked the HBV and found the valve to be compleatly dry and showing no signs of leaking.
Heres hoping the coolant hose was causing
the dampness and coolant loss. Alsoi am positive the drivers side zorst manifold is cracked as it quitens down when hot but is evident when you blip the throttle.
If gasket would it dissapear compleatly WHEN HOT?

Advice please. :-?
« Last Edit: 13 March 2011, 09:27:20 by ffcgary1 »
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.