Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Mrs May back to wag a finger at the EU.  (Read 14013 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Mrs May back to wag a finger at the EU.
« Reply #75 on: 05 February 2019, 18:51:39 »

What makes you think that the UK and EU are going to cease trading with each other ?  ???
They won't. But it will be reduced. Clearly.

Even if you can get a free trade agreement - unlikely in the immediate short term - the extra bureaucracy will make UK companies uncompetitive in Europe.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 05 February 2019, 19:46:19 »

What makes you think that the UK and EU are going to cease trading with each other ?  ???

Even if you can get a free trade agreement - unlikely in the immediate short term - the extra bureaucracy will make UK companies uncompetitive in Europe.

But no one needs to worry as we will be again the Great Britain and China, Russia and the USA will be falling over each other to buy our goods........ Our pavements will soon be covered in gold. ::) ::) ::) :P

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 05 February 2019, 21:49:46 »

But no one needs to worry as we will be again the Great Britain and China, Russia and the USA will be falling over each other to buy our goods........ Our pavements will soon be covered in gold. ::) ::) ::) :P

And we might be able to sell a couple of Land Rovers to the commonwealth islands of Where the hell did you say this place was? That's 09:05 on March 30th sorted, what do we do then ::)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 05 February 2019, 22:12:50 »

Start flogging them all the parts they'll need to fix the broken Land Rovers we've just flogged them ;D ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 05 February 2019, 22:24:04 »

Start flogging them all the parts they'll need to fix the broken Land Rovers we've just flogged them ;D ;D

Perhaps we could export them from Ramsgate? A pair of Land Rovers and some spares would probably be a decent load for the boats running out of there.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 06 February 2019, 02:07:13 »

Our ROW trade balance outside of the EU is positive where we export more in goods and services compared to what we import. The problem is the EU where we have a massive and growing trade imbalance to the tune of £100bn a year. If you look at how the main EU countries have always stacked the deck against us you would understand why. France has always blocked a single market in services which would have done much to restore our trade balance. :(

BTW in the 1980s & 1990s I exported to all three of those countries, especially the USA, along with about 50 others, including all of Europe including Eastern Europe, Canada, a few South America countries (where Spanish imports at lower prices into Spain caused a few, but solvable problems), Israel and a couple of other Middle Eastern countries. some North African mediterranean rim countries, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, India & Pakistan. China was particularly difficult where things not only had to meet their technical standards but also pass their political censorship. About 85-90% of our turnover came from exports. Exporting is not difficult as trading is mutually beneficial to both parties, but getting paid was always much more challenging especially in some of the more far flung countries, compared to the UK.

One of the UK's strengths for the last 4-500 years has always been as a global free trading island nation and all UK governments still put great emphasis on exports with practical help, market assessments and their export guarantee scheme.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 06 February 2019, 09:07:38 »

Perhaps we could export them from Ramsgate? A pair of Land Rovers and some spares would probably be a decent load for the boats running out of there.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 06 February 2019, 18:08:18 »

Do they have Land Rovers in a special place in hell?

If so we could export parts to them.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 06 February 2019, 19:07:28 »

If so we could export parts to them. ;D

Well, they are supposed to go anywhere and whether it'll get you back again isn't a concern.

Does the sat nav have a German / Polish language option?  ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 06 February 2019, 19:11:52 »

If so we could export parts to them. ;D

Well, they are supposed to go anywhere and whether it'll get you back again isn't a concern.

Does the sat nav have a German / Polish language option?  ;D

Why not their native Slovakian? :)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 06 February 2019, 19:23:55 »

When I heard what tusk said I was initially very angry then I calmed down and realised that it only confirmed my belief of just how utterly contemptuous that cabal is of democracy .
Any hope or belief that these " leaders " of the eu are free of any malevolence towards those that seek to extricate themselves from under their self proclaimed control should be washed away by his conduct today.
The fact that he ,as the president of the ec, he feels that statements like that are acceptable at such a difficult time for all concerned shows his lack of any respect for the people that he has been negotiating with for so long , and most likely the attitude that he and his fellow cohorts have adopted bethind closed doors .
They disgust me .

And as for that nefarious little squeek varadker, he reminds me of that odious little insignifiLady bits little boy in the playground who has three big brothers to back him up when he exploits his fellow pupils .
I firmly believe that ireland will ultimately pay a price for all their shenanigans .
" when ye sup with the devil ...."

STEMO

« Reply #86 on: 06 February 2019, 19:34:40 »

A football hooligan and a drunk running the EU. Their true colours are starting to show, and even remainers must surely see them for the nasty, self-interested little tw**s that they are. If/when we leave, there's no doubt that things will be tough for a while but, in wartime, things are tough and I feel that they are as big a threat to this country's sovereignty as any potential invader.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 06 February 2019, 19:34:55 »

When I heard what tusk said I was initially very angry then I calmed down and realised that it only confirmed my belief of just how utterly contemptuous that cabal is of democracy .
Any hope or belief that these " leaders " of the eu are free of any malevolence towards those that seek to extricate themselves from under their self proclaimed control should be washed away by his conduct today.
The fact that he ,as the president of the ec, he feels that statements like that are acceptable at such a difficult time for all concerned shows his lack of any respect for the people that he has been negotiating with for so long , and most likely the attitude that he and his fellow cohorts have adopted bethind closed doors .
They disgust me .

And as for that nefarious little squeek varadker, he reminds me of that odious little insignifiLady bits little boy in the playground who has three big brothers to back him up when he exploits his fellow pupils .
I firmly believe that ireland will ultimately pay a price for all their shenanigans .
" when ye sup with the devil ...."

I agree with all you say. But, is Tuskie boy right in asking why the Brexiteers like boffoon Boris did not have a plan on paper about what Brexit would look like?

I know I may get an unfriendly reaction to that, but the question should be asked, although it will do sweet fa now to have that answer! ::) :D ;)

STEMO

« Reply #88 on: 06 February 2019, 19:36:20 »

Very deep. What's a boffoon?

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 06 February 2019, 19:41:16 »

They had a plan but it was Non, Nein ,nay and naw to all and any part of it by those that wanted it and any subsequent plan to crash and fail.
I'd REALLY like to see the transcripts of the meetings that took place during the last two years .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.