Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Misfire and White Smoke  (Read 1244 times)

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
Misfire and White Smoke
« on: 22 February 2018, 11:10:39 »

Hello again guys! Yesterday afternoon jumped into car and started her up, a couple of misfires when I stared moving. Then the MIL came on and a lot of white smoke came out of exhaust and seemed to be firing on 3 cylinders. I managed to get her home. This morning started her up, no problem at all. Waited until temps were up and then connected Scanmaster, no problem codes. But at the bottom of the scanner prog it indicated "distance travelled with MIL on 1km" Anybody got any idea what is going on? TIA.  :y
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Misfire and White Smoke
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2018, 12:13:55 »

Maybe water in the plug wells? Are the coil pack areas dry?

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2018, 12:37:21 »

Hi tuunie! Yes they are dry. I had this problem a while back when 1 bank had water in it. It did not have the symtoms though, ie. white smoke/steam.
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2018, 15:51:17 »

Silly question maybee but is brake fluid level ok. No recent problems with having to top up recently. .?.. (They can leak out of master cylinder into servo and be drawn into engine)

Otherwise any signs of emulsion in oil ,namely dipstick (ignore filler cap are if short runs) or any water loss ? Any water if there was any in plug wells anyway would cause a missfire but cant get into exhaust thst way unless plug was loose or cracked.

Otherwise clear codes ,check all levels and observe .........

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 February 2018, 10:46:57 »

Cheers CIH! Yes I have been checking all the levels. I drove around 10 miles yesterday and there was no problem at all. No misfires or smoke! No trouble codes at all, only the indication of the MIL in the Scanmaster app as said in my first post.  :y

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 February 2018, 22:34:17 »

i suppose its possible that some condensation entered the engine from the inlet plenum ?  or is there any chance any water got into the air intake at all ? never looked to see if they have a drain hole at the bottom of the front black plastic bagpipes .water (or brakefluid ) will cause white smoke. if no other issues or ANY fluid loss it could just be a one off albeit a strange one !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.