Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Iran - So far behind us  (Read 7128 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Iran - So far behind us
« Reply #30 on: 08 March 2018, 21:07:24 »

I've been told today[don't know how true this is]that a female MP was proposing in parliament that wolf whistling should be treated as a sex crime ??? Today it's been international womans day[will they start doing cards for that as they do for every other "day"?]so in the interests of equality when is international mens day?

Its true.

I think it is a crime that I no longer get the wolf whistles!!! :o :o ;D ;D ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08 March 2018, 21:08:50 »

I've been told today[don't know how true this is]that a female MP was proposing in parliament that wolf whistling should be treated as a sex crime ??? Today it's been international womans day[will they start doing cards for that as they do for every other "day"?]so in the interests of equality when is international mens day?

OFFS. :(

STEMO

« Reply #32 on: 08 March 2018, 21:23:34 »

The majority of MP's are dirty old men,, not much chance of that law reaching the statute books.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08 March 2018, 21:23:47 »

Iran is a medieval country with facebook.

I find your surprise at this, well, surprising.

It's only a couple of hundred years or so since we stopped using black people as slaves...

Empowered women with ability do very, very well. Those demanding unequivocal recognition do not actually deserve it. This is also true of the hipster millennial that expect capitalism to be equally distributed to those who cba.

We already have equal rights across the civilised world, apply the effort and reap the rewards.

It is no surprise to me at all; I was just highlighting on this web site the current reality of that situation, albeit just one example of how men, generally speaking,  still try and have the upper hand over women.

Also I am never surprised with the male comment on this "men's" forum, and yet again you do not disappoint. ::) ::) ::) ::) ;)
Nope, you were pushing for an argument to make yourself seem strong in this "men's" forum, whatever that's supposed to mean...

Its true.
That actually says more about the archaic behaviour of MPs within the House of Commons than it does about society in general.

It is difficult for anyone, male or female, to know what is or isn't acceptable, as there's always someone demanding that their life issues become the responsibility of everyone else. Doesn't matter whether that's in the work place or socially.

And if you think that women in the UK have it tough, spare a thought for those elsewhere who have lived through three different cultural changes in one generation.

People who stand steadfast in the way of anyone who is prepared to strive for their goals deserve to be chastised. But you can be certain that the resolution which drives those who aim to achieve won't allow them to be hindered. Male or female.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 08 March 2018, 21:25:26 »

It's only a couple of hundred years or so since we stopped using black people as slaves...

Empowered women with ability do very, very well. Those demanding unequivocal recognition do not actually deserve it. This is also true of the hipster millennial that expect capitalism to be equally distributed to those who cba.

We already have equal rights across the civilised world, apply the effort and reap the rewards.

It is no surprise to me at all; I was just highlighting on this web site the current reality of that situation, albeit just one example of how men, generally speaking,  still try and have the upper hand over women.

Also I am never surprised with the male comment on this "men's" forum, and yet again you do not disappoint. ::) ::) ::) ::) ;)
Nope, you were pushing for an argument to make yourself seem strong in this "men's" forum, whatever that's supposed to mean...

Its true.
That actually says more about the archaic behaviour of MPs within the House of Commons than it does about society in general.

It is difficult for anyone, male or female, to know what is or isn't acceptable, as there's always someone demanding that their life issues become the responsibility of everyone else. Doesn't matter whether that's in the work place or socially.

And if you think that women in the UK have it tough, spare a thought for those elsewhere who have lived through three different cultural changes in one generation.

People who stand steadfast in the way of anyone who is prepared to strive for their goals deserve to be chastised. But you can be certain that the resolution which drives those who aim to achieve won't allow them to be hindered. Male or female.
I wasn't aware that you used drugs.  :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08 March 2018, 21:30:08 »

I don't.

But there are places, not so far away, where sociological progress is something to be celebrated rather than a mere band wagon for the hard done by brigade... ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 09 March 2018, 12:53:27 »

I think that there is a general derision on what is perceived and actual offence, which is a different matter altogether.

I believe that  we have come a long way as a nation, and compared to other societies we may be light years ahead, in terms of equality of the sexes.  Yes, we currently have our second woman PM, we have laws which enforce protection and we are brushing off barriers which have existed for millennia.  However, to suggest that these facts mean that we have full parity in this country is laughable.  While you (the royal 'you') may yourself fully believe in parity and ensure that your daily actions support this, many in our society do not believe in such things and institutions which actively and openly discriminate against anything but men.  In order to continue in the right direction it is my belief that those of us in this country who are in a position that affords us the means should call-out those that continue to live in the past and force change in any institutions that fall short in this regard.  This is difficult as it may be our friends, family or even our boss but we must do this in order to survive.

Also, if you feel that our advances somehow give us a moral superiority in regard to other, newer advanced societies, then remember that it is not that long ago that we treated women in the same disdain suffered by millions of women around the world today.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09 March 2018, 18:17:25 »

Ok, so again you disagree with what I am saying and now you twist my motive for raising the subject on International Women's Day ::) ::)

Why haven't I got the right like any other member on here to raise an issue or just plain topic that could be of interest to some without getting criticized?  No wonder I am now the only woman who still posts on the OOF! ::) ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 09 March 2018, 18:34:01 »

International Women's Day passed me by, I'm afraid.  ;D

In the interest of fairness and equality I presume there is also an International men's day. :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09 March 2018, 18:38:29 »

In the interest of fairness and equality I presume there is also an International men's day. :)

If there is not, then fight for it Opti! :-* :-* :D ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09 March 2018, 18:39:55 »

The misandrists wouldn't allow it M'lud!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #41 on: 09 March 2018, 19:26:24 »

I think that would probably pass me by as well.  ::)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11 March 2018, 23:53:39 »

I fully believe in equality and equality of opportunity, so how successful you are in life is in your hands. :y

The problems with discrimination positive or negative is that you can't have one without the other. One person's positive discrimination advantage is another person's disadvantage.

One good appalling example of this is the positive look the other way social integration of Muslim men into the UK. Yes, the vast majority are law abiding, but the grooming, raping and murdering by pedophile Asian men of 1000's of young white girls from the age of 11 upwards with the police, councils and social workers looking the other way in the name of positive social integration of minorities in an appalling stain on the reputation of this country in providing equality to all. Young girls being drawn into situations that they can't cope with and then being brushed off by the people that should be (and are paid) to protect them, so they have nobody to turn to for help and I think is a damning indictment on all those that have failed them >:( >:( >:(

More and more people in Europe are beginning to realize that the cultural and civil values imposed by a religion stuck with values from the middle ages is not compatible with 21st century Western values. There are many Muslims that have adopted more liberal values and have integrated into UK society but there are also a considerable hard-line minority that haven't and push hard for us to join them or be murdered as kafirs. They are quite happy to tap into Western wealth and tolerance while trying to undermine and destroy our society. Irony BTW is where I have stated this in the past, I've been called out by the person that started this thread with insults like I'm a racist and fascist, where I'm neither, but I'm also not an appeaser or apologist when things are plainly wrong either. >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #43 on: 12 March 2018, 06:52:45 »

That sums it up nicely, Rods.
I, of course, would go further.  :-X

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12 March 2018, 13:46:04 »

I fully believe in equality and equality of opportunity, so how successful you are in life is in your hands. :y

The problems with discrimination positive or negative is that you can't have one without the other. One person's positive discrimination advantage is another person's disadvantage.

One good appalling example of this is the positive look the other way social integration of Muslim men into the UK. Yes, the vast majority are law abiding, but the grooming, raping and murdering by pedophile Asian men of 1000's of young white girls from the age of 11 upwards with the police, councils and social workers looking the other way in the name of positive social integration of minorities in an appalling stain on the reputation of this country in providing equality to all. Young girls being drawn into situations that they can't cope with and then being brushed off by the people that should be (and are paid) to protect them, so they have nobody to turn to for help and I think is a damning indictment on all those that have failed them >:( >:( >:(

More and more people in Europe are beginning to realize that the cultural and civil values imposed by a religion stuck with values from the middle ages is not compatible with 21st century Western values. There are many Muslims that have adopted more liberal values and have integrated into UK society but there are also a considerable hard-line minority that haven't and push hard for us to join them or be murdered as kafirs. They are quite happy to tap into Western wealth and tolerance while trying to undermine and destroy our society. Irony BTW is where I have stated this in the past, I've been called out by the person that started this thread with insults like I'm a racist and fascist, where I'm neither, but I'm also not an appeaser or apologist when things are plainly wrong either. >:( >:( >:(

When have I ever called you that??  Why would I? >:( >:( >:(

Quote when and where!  You will find I have never done that as I would never use those words against anyone on the OOF, or indeed anywhere else, apart from when I am discussing my personal thoughts about Hitler!! >:( >:( >:(

This is a cheap shot Rod, and does you no credit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.