Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG conversions - an OOF deals  (Read 1180 times)

SteveMJ

• Hertfordshire
    • View Profile
LPG conversions - an OOF deals
« on: 14 May 2009, 12:44:40 »

I've recently sold my Omega Elite 3.2 V6 (it was advertised on here) and I've bought a VXR8 - as a result I am using lots of fuel  :(   It was suggested to me that there may be LPG converters who offer a competitive cost to OOF members (he mentiontioned Tinley ?)  Are there any?

I would like to hear.

Also, how would that affect Vauxhall network Q warrentee?  And Esure insurance?

Thanks for your help, Steve
Steve

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: LPG conversions - an OOF deals
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2009, 16:12:49 »

The only deal OOF get at present is a discount on a DIY kit. That said, Teilo may be able to do an installation but not for a while
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2009, 16:18:14 »

I was thinking about buying from one of the car supermarkets a couple of years ago, as they were offering a 2 year warrenty.  But they said that it would be invalidated if I fitted an LPG system, even if it was done professionally and certified.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2009, 17:48:32 by TiggerHayes »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

SteveMJ

• Hertfordshire
    • View Profile
Re: LPG conversions: how contact Teilo
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2009, 20:37:05 »

How can Teilo be contacted?

I've searched under members names and across the forums; I can find reference to them but no method contact.

I guess I'm not in a hurry, if my warentee is invalidated - but I like ot get thiese things organised and potentially in place  :)

Teilo - please contact me.

Steve
Steve

feeutfo

« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2009, 21:40:30 »

as said your warranty will most certainly be void if lpg fitted as its not factory fit.

insurance will require an lpga fitter approved certificate. This implys that the kit was fitted by a fully trained professional lpg fitter and can only be issued by that installer. In practice, if you fit diy, your insurer will tell you, if my experience is anything to in by, that you are un insured the second you fit an lpg part, as you are not qualified to fit it.

So you need the car off the road until the install is complete and then drive the vehicle directly to an lpga approved fitter and hope he will sign the install off as his own work. Which he will only do once hes happy it meats requirement.

But hopefully Tailo at moto gas will have lpga approval sorted by the time you need your kit....

iainb

• West Midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2009, 22:05:03 »

What will happen if you have the car conversion during the warranty period is it will get flagged back to GM in this case, and any problems that could be put down to running on gas or the fitment of the gas system will be refused.
This includes rust around the panel that the filler is fitted.
 So wait until the warranty runs out before you have it fitted.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2009, 22:56:39 »

I've searched under members names and across the forums; I can find reference to them but no method contact.

I guess I'm not in a hurry, if my warentee is invalidated - but I like ot get thiese things organised and potentially in place  :)

Steve

You have to contact him... He's not a member here :y :y :y :y

Luckily I'm the man you want to speak to about getting his details ;) ;) ;)

I'll PM them to you as he has requested the details aren't available in the public domain :y :y

SteveMJ

• Hertfordshire
    • View Profile
Re: LPG conversions - any OOF deals
« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2009, 09:58:00 »

I can't see myself doing a 'DIY' install; no time, no inclinations and probably lack of skill to do it in a reasonable time.

I'm presently getting through about £100/week on petrol just commuting and some social driving.  So I guess the time to recuperate the outlay will be just under two years.

It is looking like I'll have to wait a couple of years before I can have the conversion done - I am not willing to invalidate the warrentee.

Steve
« Last Edit: 19 May 2009, 10:00:54 by SteveMJ »
Steve

feeutfo

« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2009, 09:58:48 »

Steve

You have to contact him... He's not a member here :y :y :y :y

Luckily I'm the man you want to speak to about getting his details ;) ;) ;)

I'll PM them to you as he has requested the details aren't available in the public domain :y :y
Was going to post/pm the details but was not sure on this subject so glad you explained.

Also last i spoke to him hes not in the country this week. Back next week a beleive. I would not bother with Jeromy....

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
Re: LPG conversions - any OOF deals
« Reply #9 on: 19 May 2009, 10:32:39 »

I can't see myself doing a 'DIY' install; no time, no inclinations and probably lack of skill to do it in a reasonable time.

I'm presently getting through about £100/week on petrol just commuting and some social driving.  So I guess the time to recuperate the outlay will be just under two years.

It is looking like I'll have to wait a couple of years before I can have the conversion done - I am not willing to invalidate the warrentee.

Steve

If you're going to get it done professionally you need to budget somewhere in the region of £2k :o :o :o

Make sure you get references and testimonials from the installer's previous customers and try to find someone who has already converted the same car!

SteveMJ

• Hertfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 May 2009, 12:21:28 »

I've only seen a couple of VXR8s - one of those was a mate's.  So the chance of finding one with an LPG conversion is remote  :(

I know of two converted Monaros through the HSV forum - so will seek further info.  I don't think there is a hurry though, due to the warrentee.

I'll await the pm and persue that route as well.

Thanks for all you help  :)

Steve
Steve

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 May 2009, 12:28:05 »

I've only seen a couple of VXR8s - one of those was a mate's.  So the chance of finding one with an LPG conversion is remote  :(

I know of two converted Monaros through the HSV forum - so will seek further info.  I don't think there is a hurry though, due to the warrentee.

I'll await the pm and persue that route as well.

Thanks for all you help  :)

Steve

I take it you've received it? It's showing as read on my profile :y :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.