Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap Service  (Read 3307 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Cheap Service
« on: 21 January 2019, 12:14:20 »

My V70 is due a service and I CBA to do it myself, so I've been looking around for prices.  :)

I know my local garage will charge somewhere between £200-£250 for a full service, but being a tight arse I kept looking.

Best so far is ATS at £58.99 for a basic oil and filter change and if I book and pay online via Topcashback I get 5.25% off, so £56.04 and they use Mobile oil.  :y

That's the messy bit sorted and I can get the air, pollen and fuel filters from ECP for £31.24 (inc cashback) so a total of £87.28 for a full service with minimal effort from me.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Cheap Service
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2019, 12:18:35 »

A little being arsed will help you get a feel for how the car has been looked after ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2019, 12:30:21 »

The big wad of receipts, inc a bill for £750ish last July for a full service and other consumables, the fact it's wearing premium tyres and the general good condition of the car, tells me that it's probably been pretty well looked after.  :y

I'm not crawling around under it in this weather if I can help it.  :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 January 2019, 12:34:48 »

Squeak, squeak...

Pest control to Darzet ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2019, 12:37:43 »

The big wad of receipts, inc a bill for £750ish last July for a full service and other consumables, the fact it's wearing premium tyres and the general good condition of the car, tells me that it's probably been pretty well looked after.  :y

I've forgotten what the underside of a car looks like. The local indie garage is good......and cheap. I seem to remember my last service and MOT was about £150.  :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2019, 12:45:42 »

I've forgotten what the underside of a car looks like. The local indie garage is good......and cheap. I seem to remember my last service and MOT was about £150.  :)

After crawling around on the cold tarmac changing my rear discs and pads on the Mondeo a couple of weeks ago, I was stiff and achy as hell for a couple of days....  :(

Getting past it I think!  ::)  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 21 January 2019, 12:47:57 »

After crawling around on the cold tarmac changing my rear discs and pads on the Mondeo a couple of weeks ago, I was stiff and achy as hell for a couple of days....  :(

A local garage would have thrown it up in the air and charged you an hours labour.

Oh.....wait.....and another hour to get the discs off.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 January 2019, 13:49:33 »

My V70 is due a service and I CBA to do it myself, so I've been looking around for prices.  :)

I know my local garage will charge somewhere between £200-£250 for a full service, but being a tight arse I kept looking.

Best so far is ATS at £58.99 for a basic oil and filter change and if I book and pay online via Topcashback I get 5.25% off, so £56.04 and they use Mobile oil.  :y

That's the messy bit sorted and I can get the air, pollen and fuel filters from ECP for £31.24 (inc cashback) so a total of £87.28 for a full service with minimal effort from me.  :y

With the 3+service scheme Jaguar provide I pay between £199 and £249.

Having said that it is basically an oil and filter change by a retarded neanderthal.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 January 2019, 14:01:42 »

With the 3+service scheme Jaguar provide I pay between £199 and £249.

Having said that it is basically an oil and filter change by a retarded neanderthal.
You forgot the "road test". ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 January 2019, 17:05:07 »

No, it means the previous owner paid whatever the garage thought they could get away with. Definitely not the same thing ;)
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 January 2019, 18:22:15 »

Does it have any history of timing belt and auxiliary belt changes? I understand that if the aux. belt lets go these engines will 99 times out of a hundred take out the timing belt at the same time with consequent damage to valves etc.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 January 2019, 18:27:10 »

Oh yes Sir Tigger, we all join that club eventually; I did last year. :D :D :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 January 2019, 18:46:48 »

Does it have any history of timing belt and auxiliary belt changes? I understand that if the aux. belt lets go these engines will 99 times out of a hundred take out the timing belt at the same time with consequent damage to valves etc.

Yes at 72,000  :y  It's now on 151,000 ....  :-\   So I might have to get it done.  ::) 

I'll have another look through the paperwork before commiting though.  :P

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 January 2019, 21:49:42 »

No, it means the previous owner paid whatever the garage thought they could get away with. Definitely not the same thing ;)

Just going through the receipts and the V70 has had £1787.85 spent on it in the last 12 months!  :o

That's for a nsr caliper, rear brake shoes, discs and pads all round, brake fluid change, a track rod end, alignment, a couple of services and other sundries like screenwash/bulbs etc!  :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 January 2019, 22:19:03 »

Just going through the receipts and the V70 has had £1787.85 spent on it in the last 12 months!  :o

That's for a nsr caliper, rear brake shoes, discs and pads all round, brake fluid change, a track rod end, alignment, a couple of services and other sundries like screenwash/bulbs etc!  :)

Good God .... where was the work done? I felt I'd spent more than I'd wanted to when I replaced two calipers, front discs & brake pads front and back ..... twice! It was still nothing like that.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.