Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I've only had it one week  (Read 7439 times)

Risky Duckfeet

• High Wycombe
  • Don't look behind you!!!
    • View Profile
I've only had it one week
« on: 31 May 2009, 17:59:06 »

My beautiful Irmscher MV6 was on the way to a camping trip on Friday night, with me my other half and our baby comfortably tucked up inside it. I stopped in Tesco's in Amersham to pick up some supplies and my girlfriend waited in the car with the baby. THANK GOD SHE DID.
I got a phone call while I was inside saying that I needed to go back to the car immediatly.
When I got out there there was a scrape from the back of the drivers door across the alloy all the way to the back of the bumper. The wing was stoved in at the back and the Irmscher bumper is cracked off it's mounting.
How gutted am I. The woman who did the damage using her antique Nova had tried to drive off and only stopped because my partner had got out and jumped in front of her car.
Then she said that if it was going to be less than £200 to sort out would she be able to pay in cash.
I'm guessing that it may be a little bit more expensive than that.
This is how I feel: >:( :'(
It was a week almost to the minute after buying the car.
Gutted.

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: I've only had it one week
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2009, 18:02:08 »

That is rotten luck! :'( :'(

At least you know who it was, and may be able to get the costs out of her! ::) ::) ::)

KillerWatt

« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2009, 18:13:45 »

A Vauxhall Nova you say?
I'll bet it had an exhaust pipe the size of France, and the driver was wearing only the best "Elizabeth Duke" hooped ear-rings.

Crucify the stupid bitch!

Seriously, if people can't make it around a car park without hitting anything then they don't deserve the privelege of being allowed to drive.

Risky Duckfeet

• High Wycombe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2009, 18:26:20 »

Worse, it was an old woman, (55 - 60 ish) and it was a Nova that hadn't been maintained since it left the factory. She said she had only been driving just over a year. If she's made it that long with out then why did she have to learn? Grrrrrr

ScottieMV6

• Omega Knight
  • Swinton, Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2009, 18:31:56 »

A Vauxhall Nova you say?
I'll bet it had an exhaust pipe the size of France, and the driver was wearing only the best "Elizabeth Duke" hooped ear-rings.

Seriously, if people can't make it around a car park without hitting anything then they don't deserve the privelege of being allowed to drive.

Brilliant.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death!!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2009, 19:42:05 »

it may be a write off believe it or not :(
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2009, 19:43:20 »

A Vauxhall Nova you say?

as an aside, did you know they are the biggest (in turnover and items sold) jewellery retailer in the uk?
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2009, 19:46:42 »

A Vauxhall Nova you say?

I hit a fence in a works van in a carkpark once.  It was one of those days, and I just couldn't be bothered to use the brakes ::)

I also hit a house once, doing £14k of damage, but that was a genuine accident  :-[.
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2009, 19:55:51 »

as an aside, did you know they are the biggest (in turnover and items sold) jewellery retailer in the uk?

And you know this because ........ ?  :-?  :-? ;D  ;D  ;D :y

nick v6

• Omega Baron
  • walsall / west midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 May 2009, 20:04:13 »

A Vauxhall Nova you say?

I hit a fence in a works van in a carkpark once.  It was one of those days, and I just couldn't be bothered to use the brakes ::)

I also hit a house once, doing £14k of damage, but that was a genuine accident  :-[.

you must be related to the cow that hit me ;D
just need to tax the tank now:)

nick v6

• Omega Baron
  • walsall / west midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2009, 20:06:11 »

My beautiful Irmscher MV6 was on the way to a camping trip on Friday night, with me my other half and our baby comfortably tucked up inside it. I stopped in Tesco's in Amersham to pick up some supplies and my girlfriend waited in the car with the baby. THANK GOD SHE DID.
I got a phone call while I was inside saying that I needed to go back to the car immediatly.
When I got out there there was a scrape from the back of the drivers door across the alloy all the way to the back of the bumper. The wing was stoved in at the back and the Irmscher bumper is cracked off it's mounting.
How gutted am I. The woman who did the damage using her antique Nova had tried to drive off and only stopped because my partner had got out and jumped in front of her car.
Then she said that if it was going to be less than £200 to sort out would she be able to pay in cash.
Gutted.

shame it was not the woman that hit me
she offered me £1000 there and then

is the other half and baby ok mate thats the main thing
i know that it was a scrape down the side but it will still be scary for the little 1
just need to tax the tank now:)

HolyCount

« Reply #11 on: 31 May 2009, 20:14:42 »

All said and done -- main thing is that the kiddie and missus were OK. On a hot day my missus oftem sits and waits bum on seat and legs out of the half open door -- imagine what could have happened in that situation!

Still --  -- I can imagine how gutted you feel !
« Last Edit: 31 May 2009, 20:15:03 by HolyCount »

steverubberduck

• Kidderminster
  • MV6 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 May 2009, 20:22:49 »

I feel for you mate.
i don't shop at our local tescos for that reason alone.
I hate leaving my car in any car park, especially a supermarket car park.
But previous replies may be right.
You want to be careful they don't right your car off.
I had a friend who had a mv6 estate and he hit a pothole, cracked the 2 front alloys, and broke the bumper.
Told that it would cost more to fix so they wrote it off!!!!

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31 May 2009, 21:24:35 »

When I got out there there was a scrape from the back of the drivers door across the alloy all the way to the back of the bumper. The wing was stoved in at the back and the Irmscher bumper is cracked off it's mounting.How gutted am I. The woman who did the damage using her antique Nova had tried to drive off and only stopped because my partner had got out and jumped in front of her car.
Gutted.
You won't be able to get one of these new again :(

« Last Edit: 31 May 2009, 21:24:57 by Elite_Pete »
Retired

Risky Duckfeet

• High Wycombe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31 May 2009, 21:24:50 »

The missus and bay are fine. Baby's only four months old so wouldn't have even realised.
The write-off thing had occured to me and I'm a little worried about it. The car is absolutly fantastic, better than I'd expected and I waited about four years to get it.
If it does get written off does anyone know how much I am likely to get for it and how much it will cost to buy back?
Would I have complications getting it back on the road or insuring it?
If someone can tell me how to get photo's up on here I can post some.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.