Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVLA Errors - Well you're not alone  (Read 1585 times)

SJKOO01

DVLA Errors - Well you're not alone
« on: 03 June 2009, 18:24:28 »

DVLA Errors, well you're not alone, and if you've had, or having a problem the BBC Watchdog want to hear from you.

If the links worked correctly then click below, if not then go to the watchdog site, and you'll see DVLA link on the main page.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/05/dvla_update.html

Interesting read for some of you out there maybe ?!  :-?

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Re: DVLA Errors - Well you're not alone
« Reply #1 on: 03 June 2009, 21:58:39 »

Following an illness, (2002) which neither any of the medical people involved nor myself realised was 'notifiable' under DVLA. Coincidentally 4 months later I needed to renew my HGV and PSV, of course details were put on the medical documents. The DVLA refused to renew for a fixed term of 2 years, I did download the guidance documents, not got them now though.  Not a real problem to me as I do not need it for day to day use, still OK to drive a car / ride a bike. About 3 years later I reapplied and it took 7 months to get a 1 year licence, several phone calls were made and I was informed they were contacting approriate medical people.  Neither my GP or my Consultant have had any communication at all. I now do have a HGV and PSV, recently got and valid for the usual 5 years.  I fully understand the need to be cautious but why lie about contacting people. >:(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: DVLA Errors - Well you're not alone
« Reply #2 on: 03 June 2009, 23:40:36 »

Following an illness, (2002) which neither any of the medical people involved nor myself realised was 'notifiable' under DVLA. Coincidentally 4 months later I needed to renew my HGV and PSV, of course details were put on the medical documents. The DVLA refused to renew for a fixed term of 2 years, I did download the guidance documents, not got them now though.  Not a real problem to me as I do not need it for day to day use, still OK to drive a car / ride a bike. About 3 years later I reapplied and it took 7 months to get a 1 year licence, several phone calls were made and I was informed they were contacting approriate medical people.  Neither my GP or my Consultant have had any communication at all. I now do have a HGV and PSV, recently got and valid for the usual 5 years.  I fully understand the need to be cautious but why lie about contacting people. >:(

You give them too much credit. You have to know what's going on to lie. ;)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.