Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Jaguar I-Pace Test Drive  (Read 9715 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Jaguar I-Pace Test Drive
« Reply #60 on: 06 March 2020, 07:25:42 »

The newer software ups this a bit to

This is interesting, have JLR said whether this is releasing more usable battery capacity, or is it to do with more efficient energy usage in the motor/inverter?

Also, is the update being pushed out to all i-pace, or is it going forward from a specific build number?

Its both, releasing more battery capacity and also changing the motor/inverter operation, its a complete package, being rolled out to all I believe

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 06 March 2020, 10:23:13 »

There's a review in today's Telegraph about the I-pace and they say the software upgrade was a recall.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/jaguar/jaguar-i-pace-long-term-test-fully-electric-car-year-winner/
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 07 March 2020, 09:22:14 »

The simple reason is infrastructure. The way they are setup now, even their basic model will do you for 350-400 miles with a single 20-30 min stop enroute, which is workable for 90% plus of people who are in that market.

Jaime will be along in a minute to tell you how that's all bollards and they only manage 50 miles on a charge in reality..

... Just saving him a job this morning ;D :D
2 of our ex contractors had Model X (I think, the older saloon), and were getting around 120m range, well short of the suggested 280.  However, working in Milton Keynes does mean a lot of slowing down for roundabouts for part of their commute.

The both got shot after less than a year, one of them was a bit cross that his car was off the road for ages, because the dealer couldn't get parts.
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 07 March 2020, 14:30:49 »

Until teleportation becomes reality I prefer to stick with Gods own fuel. Petrol. :)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 07 March 2020, 21:55:03 »

Its both, releasing more battery capacity and also changing the motor/inverter operation, its a complete package, being rolled out to all I believe

Nice!

I went and had a look at one/sit in today. They are a nice place to be, much more so than the teslas, but the public infrastructure makes them a tough choice, at least for the next 3-5yrs.

Jaguar dealers/reps (well the 3 I've had experience of) annoy the balls off me too. But that's another story  :-X
« Last Edit: 07 March 2020, 21:56:34 by Viral_Jim »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 07 March 2020, 22:46:26 »

Nice!

I went and had a look at one/sit in today. They are a nice place to be, much more so than the teslas, but the public infrastructure makes them a tough choice, at least for the next 3-5yrs.

Jaguar dealers/reps (well the 3 I've had experience of) annoy the balls off me too. But that's another story  :-X

Blag a test drive if it's your bag :).

I found it a car without soul. Nippy at slow speeds but slow to accelerate at higher speeds. So-so interior quality. The one I drove had what appeared to be 'optional sports bucket seats'........which didn't really fit with the character of the car.

aaronjb

« Reply #66 on: 08 March 2020, 08:34:30 »

The common feeling on the JLR forums I'm on is "Don't buy one if you're going to have to rely on the main dealer, only if you have a good indy" (that's RRS, including current models) because the dealers are all out to skin you alive on very expensive repairs..

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 08 March 2020, 10:21:57 »

The common feeling on the JLR forums I'm on is "Don't buy one if you're going to have to rely on the main dealer, only if you have a good indy" (that's RRS, including current models) because the dealers are all out to skin you alive on very expensive repairs..
All franchised dealers are the same. After all, they are all part of the big 3, with very few now that are smaller companies with just a handful of dealers.

However, it would appear, going by the Jag forums I participate in, that JLR owners are a bit soft in the head, and think if the coffee is nice, and the expensive showroom looks swish, they must be getting value for money, and that any indie must naturally be inept.

Mind you, these are the same people that would rather polish their cars weekly, rather than maintain it properly.
Grumpy old man

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 08 March 2020, 10:22:21 »

I found it a car without soul. Nippy at slow speeds but slow to accelerate at higher speeds. So-so interior quality. The one I drove had what appeared to be 'optional sports bucket seats'........which didn't really fit with the character of the car.

The one I was in seemed on a par with the XF, F-type & F-pace they also had in the showroom, no XJ in there so can't comment. I don't buy anything with sports seats, on account of not having a sporty @rse.

Unless you count darts as a sport that is.  8)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 08 March 2020, 10:44:35 »

FFS, retyping, due to oppsing wifi. Wifi is universally shite always. As soon as the masses got it, it became unusable.  It should be banned. Grr.

Comfort goes beyond seat comfort, but into ride comfort.  JLRs advantage of all being RWD/AWD/4WD means they don't need seized suspension to pull away or go around a corner.  That makes them almost unique, being able to provide comfort and reasonable handling.

BMW are touting around the 25yr old double glazing rep, so make most of theirs rock hard, before you get to the silly M-Sport-wish-I-could-have-bought-a-real-M-car, and small Lexus have gone the same way.

Merc chassis deficiencies are well known here. Maybe in 40yrs time, I'll have given up on driving enough to be able to own one. Only I'll be dead.

Hence, somebody having a back that's buggered in 2 places, but still likes to drive properly, non Indian options are not forthcoming. Which is a shame, as choice brings innovation and competition, but do-gooders have stifled all that.
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 08 March 2020, 13:31:08 »

I broadly agree with TB about Jaguar ride quality. My car runs on twenties but the ride is still compliant. Tata seem to understand about ride quality, and an 'old boy' like TB needs to be comfortable at his time of life. :)

A C63 I had a test drive in was rock hard by comparison and would crash into potholes. Plus, finished in white, which seems to be all the rage right now, looked like a taxi.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 08 March 2020, 13:33:58 »

The one I was in seemed on a par with the XF, F-type & F-pace they also had in the showroom, no XJ in there so can't comment. I don't buy anything with sports seats, on account of not having a sporty @rse.

Unless you count darts as a sport that is.  8)

Yep.....but the X250 is far better screwed together than the X260.......in my ever so humble opinion. ;)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 08 March 2020, 18:38:47 »

It's been a long time since I've been in an x250 so I couldn't comment on the respective quality.

What I can say is that I prefer the look of the interior of the x250, but I couldn't live with the 1990's infotainment/climate screen. It reminds me of the knock off Chinese dvd players you could buy off eBay not so long ago (probably still can).

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 08 March 2020, 18:50:54 »

A quick shuffle through the receipts that came with the XE had me rolling on the floor. £450 for an oil change and a couple of filters, oh, and some coffee, probably. Needless to say, the indy round the corner from my office got the job of doing the next one, and only to preserve the warranty.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 08 March 2020, 19:14:40 »

A quick shuffle through the receipts that came with the XE had me rolling on the floor. £450 for an oil change and a couple of filters, oh, and some coffee, probably. Needless to say, the indy round the corner from my office got the job of doing the next one, and only to preserve the warranty.

Yep. Ridiculous.

Which is why I use the 3+ Jaguar service plan.

£199 for the small and £229 for the big service, which is more reasonable, and probably no more than a main dealer service for an Astra derv or similar unexciting dross. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.