Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: York Meet.  (Read 4140 times)

Tankie1rtr

• York
    • View Profile
York Meet.
« on: 27 September 2008, 21:52:11 »

Hi Guys.
Well today I went to my first ever Miggy meeting, and like anybody on a first meeting I was a bit aprehensive, well all my my aprehension were completely unfounded, I was in the company of some great guys, as soon as I stepped out of my car they were there to introduce themselves, I was made most welcome, we had a chat and I mentioned that I was going to have to have a look at my passenger door lock as it wouldnt lock when I pressed the button on the Key fob, although the three other doors locked, no sooner had I mentioned my problem than the lads gathered round and started to tell me that I had to take the door panel off and get to the loom / motor inside the door, the problem was taken completely out of my hands and sorted in no time at all, I would really like to thank the guys for being such a great crowd, and aspecially thank Andy = AndyB for removing a very stubborn door panel, for Ian = IanD for the use of very slim arms that managed to just fit inside the door frame, and to Willyboy who was stood on the sidlines giving verbal instructions, Oh and for giving my Miggy its first ever drink of Coke, followed by water that had Andy doing a little jig, Thank your for you help guys, who then went on to do Ians Cambelt, also anothe couple of great guys I met were Richard dirv, OmegoV6 and Stuy112, and not to forget thanks to AndyB for the Cheese Sarni and to Mrs AndyB for the Black Coffee, I do appologise, I forgot to return your cup. Unfortunately I work fo Network Rail and it is my week to be on 24 hour call out, I had to leave early to respond to an emergency call at Thirsk, so I had to take my leave, but not before I pointed my trusty camera at the guys and got a few good shots, hope you like the pics, Once again guys, lovely to meet you, and Thanks again, I hope to get to a few more meetings.
« Last Edit: 27 September 2008, 23:22:39 by Tankie1rtr »

JueV6

• Omega Knight
  • Kent
    • View Profile
Re: York Meet.
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2008, 22:31:17 »

apploigies from myself and swmnbo, this week end was just too damn busy but we will come up later

JueV6
SheWhoMustNotBeOUTBID :y :y

Tankie1rtr

• York
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2008, 23:20:10 »

Hi.
No appologies necessary, I know just how busy things can be, as I said, I got called away on a call out, BUT not to worry, hope to meet you guys at another meet.
Safe Miles
tankie1rtr

amigov6

« Reply #3 on: 28 September 2008, 19:09:36 »

A few piccies from a cracking meet.

amigov6

« Reply #4 on: 28 September 2008, 19:17:11 »

Ok, that was one piccie..here's some more!!!

Who lives in a tent like this????

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 September 2008, 20:08:55 »

Whose thumb is this!  ;)  :y

Ian polishing Bill's head lamps.

Ian deserves a big pat on the back for organising this week end. We had generators,  a large gazebo/scout tent and the use of a function room on the site. It's a shame that more didn't turn up to support him, as we had a great time. Still, I suppose it meant that there was more of Guy's/AmigoMV6's fantastic curry for us.  :y  :y

Did anyone pick up my black fleece?  :(
« Last Edit: 28 September 2008, 20:10:27 by Andy_B »

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 September 2008, 21:15:14 »

Glad you all enjoyed the venue! Had a fantastic time, and the weather was perfect!  :y :)

Everything went to plan (Apart from my cam belt :-/, but we got there in the end! Thanks Willyboy for letting me have your cam belt kit; you’re a life saver!  :y  I will get a replacement asap!)

Markey Mark – I owe you one, Thanks – If it wasn’t for you I would have been towed home with 24 bent valves probably!  :o

Thanks to Stu for his BBQ, Andy for the use of his timing kit + Help :y, Mrs Andy for here constant supply of tea + coffee! ;D

Thanks guy for the FANTASTIC curry again!

I loved every part of the meet, we must do it again sometime.

Thanks to Everyone that turned up!

Ian

----------------------------------

Andy:
I’ve picked up your fleece! do you ever come over to York? Or if you want I can post it?!? Also, Sorry about me arriving a bit later than planned, well done for pitching your caravan in the correct place!  ;D
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 September 2008, 21:45:11 »

Great piccys peeps :y looks like a gathering following the good ol' OOF meet tradition. Bits of engine all over the grass, Miggys with there bonnets up, and a tent full of empty beer cans! :D :y
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 September 2008, 22:24:28 »

Glad you all enjoyed the venue! Had a fantastic time, and the weather was perfect!  :y :)

Everything went to plan (Apart from my cam belt :-/, but we got there in the end! Thanks Willyboy for letting me have your cam belt kit; you’re a life saver!  :y  I will get a replacement asap!)

Markey Mark – I owe you one, Thanks – If it wasn’t for you I would have been towed home with 24 bent valves probably!  :o

Thanks to Stu for his BBQ, Andy for the use of his timing kit + Help :y, Mrs Andy for here constant supply of tea + coffee! ;D

Ian

Andy:
I’ve picked up your fleece! do you ever come over to York? Or if you want I can post it?!? Also, Sorry about me arriving a bit later than planned, well done for pitching your caravan in the correct place!  ;D

no worries ian glad i came to sort it matey !
did you remember to refit your mirror ?? :-/

Pedro

« Reply #9 on: 28 September 2008, 22:38:08 »

I popped along on the Friday night (in my Astra), but not too many there - Ian, Stuy, Andy B, Mrs. B and Simon....think that was it really!

I was hoping to get back today, after giving my "Omega A" a wash and brush up - unfortunately, other things kinda got in the way, so apologies!

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 September 2008, 23:13:32 »

Ian

Andy:

no worries ian glad i came to sort it matey !
did you remember to refit your mirror ?? :-/

I forgot all about it... Started tidying up, and then went to go get in the car to move it...

I glanced at the mirror just before I got in, and was like 'hmm... wheres that gone!'  ;D We left it under the car!

Remember saying to stu + rich 'I bet Marks left this for me to sort as the clips will prob snap off when I try and clip it back in!'  ;D Anyway, they didnt!

Thanks again!  :y
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 September 2008, 23:15:10 »

I popped along on the Friday night (in my Astra), but not too many there - Ian, Stuy, Andy B, Mrs. B and Simon....think that was it really!

I was hoping to get back today, after giving my "Omega A" a wash and brush up - unfortunately, other things kinda got in the way, so apologies!

No problem mate, was nice to see you on friday.

Must see this 'Omega' of yours since you only live 5 mins away!  :y
[size=12]

stuy112

• York
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 September 2008, 00:42:58 »

All I can say is If Carlsberg did car meets........

What an awesome weekend, most enjoyable meeting I've been from any car club/make. As a newbie on here I was made most welcome and met some great people, I didnt want the weekend to end!

Thanks to Ian for organising, Markie and his Dad for fitting my Xenons and stopping my doors clicking, and everyone else that came  :y

Cant wait for the next one  :)

richardirv

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds, West Yorkshire
    • Omega 2.6 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 September 2008, 06:45:10 »

All I can say is If Carlsberg did car meets........

Well Said!!

Big thanks once again to Ian for all his hard work it creating a fantastic meet!! When I get home from work later I will be sorting out the pics I took and will get them posted up!!  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 September 2008, 09:07:46 »

I'm glad your local York meet was a success, going by feedback and pictures :y

I hope this gives people the encouragement to make one of the bigger OOF meetings next year, as well as organise smaller, local meets :y
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.