Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Net Zero  (Read 8878 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Net Zero
« Reply #60 on: 20 June 2019, 13:22:56 »

Especially if they are aunty Mable:y ;D

Tumble dryer in our house gets used very rarely. Washing is almost always hung on the washing line. Don't understand why anyone would use a dryer all the time if they have the option of a washing line.  :-\

Left tit if memory serves. :D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 20 June 2019, 13:35:00 »

Especially if they are aunty Mable.  :y ;D

Tumble dryer in our house gets used very rarely. Washing is almost always hung on the washing line. Don't understand why anyone would use a dryer all the time if they have the option of a washing line.  :-\

That is one of the many changes since the old days of the yard or garden for washing being put out on a certain day of the week - never a Sunday - when the wise men somewhere thought that high rise blocks of flats would be a good idea, especially post war.

How I wish, living in a low rise flat without a balcony, I had my gardens back!  Wouldn't want though my grandmothers and even mums hands during the early years of her marriage; all that wringing out, scrubbing, and constant washing in very hot unfriendly soapy water did no good to them! :o :o :'( :'( ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 20 June 2019, 13:40:54 »

..........and before anyone asks,I do use a tumble dryer but use it sparingly with big loads to offset my carbon footprint as I bomb along in my 3.2! :P ;) :D :D :D ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 20 June 2019, 14:19:50 »

Your memory serves you well.  :y ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 20 June 2019, 15:05:37 »

Your memory serves you well.  :y ;D

https://youtu.be/_ZEEgIti8sM

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 20 June 2019, 15:29:17 »

Your memory serves you well. :y ;D

That sentence has just put a reminder into my head of the 1968 hit, This Wheel's On Fire, written by Bob Dylan, of Julie Driscoll, Brian Auger and The Trinity which for me was one of the great songs, and there were quite a number, in that year.

The song, created by Dylan after apparently having a very near death experience on his motorbike, actually starts, and has the repeated lyric of   "If your memory serves you well".............. :D

It reminds me of those distant great days when we were, relatively to today, completely free and in our wonderful innocence and youthful arrogance thought nothing about the environment or saving the planet, well apart from Doctor Who keeping the Daleks at bay!!  We knew there was a problem with fossil fuels, and the Clean Air Act 1956 made us who were tuned in to history aware something was on the agenda for dealing with problems to come, but really I just wanted a nice car or a boyfriend with a Lambretta 200GT;  now the latter was so fab, and the Cortina GT was just a day dream!

For those who cannot remember those days, or pretend not to, and are interested this is the Top Of The Pops recording of the day which I watched for the first time in our Youth Club:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkCBVZHrstE

Enjoy, and if your memory serves you well think of the way of life then JUST 51 years ago!! :o :o :-* :-* ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 20 June 2019, 16:01:05 »

Also from 1968, Lizzie. :-* :-* :-*
https://youtu.be/en1uwIzI3SE

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 20 June 2019, 16:49:05 »

Ah yes, Arthur Brown and me and my friends all went crazy over with his one hit.  He was so different, even in THE year of 68 with just so many great songs, he stood out 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  :-* :y.

You probably know that he regularly set himself accidentally on fire! :D :D ;)

Think of all the carbon he burnt! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 20 June 2019, 17:11:52 »

Ah yes, Arthur Brown and me and my friends all went crazy over with his one hit.  He was so different, even in THE year of 68 with just so many great songs, he stood out 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  :-* :y.

I like this offering from The summer of 'lurrrvvve' in 1967....... :-* :-* :-* :-*

https://youtu.be/IlLWITxkmW8

STEMO

« Reply #69 on: 20 June 2019, 17:35:57 »

I like this offering from The summer of 'lurrrvvve' in 1967....... :-* :-* :-* :-*

https://youtu.be/IlLWITxkmW8
I had a case of that in the eighties.  :(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 20 June 2019, 17:59:02 »

Some rightly think 1967, the Summer of Love, was a good year for pop which in many ways it was with the likes of:

Penny Lane  Beatles;  Hole In My Shoe  Traffic;  Young Girl  Gary Puckett and the The Union Gap; Pictures of Lily The Who and even -
The Laughing Gnome David Bowie  and just a few more making us have fun............. PLUS  albums which included Magical Mystery Tour The Beatles;  THE VERY SIGNIFICANT  St.Peppers Lonely Heart Club Band  The Beatles;  Disraeli Gears  Cream....................

but 1968, ah 1968, FOR ME with MY collection it was Those Were The Days   Mary Hopkins............... and besides Fire and This Wheels Of Fire there was:

Hey Jude  Beatles;  Jumpin Jack Flash  The Rolling Stones; Lady Madonna Beatles: Ice In The Sun  The Status Quo;

Gotta See Jane R Dean Taylor;  Eloise  Barry Ryan;  High In The Sky Amen Corner; I Say A Little Prayer  Aretha Franklin;

On The Road Again  Caned Heat;  Albatross  Fleetwood Mac;   All Along The Watchtower  Jimi Hendrix Experience;

Blackberry Way The Move;  With A Little Help From My Friends  Joe Cocker; Classical Gas Mason Williams; Sabre Dance  Love Sculpture;

MacArthur Park  Richard Harris; I Heard Ut Through The Grapevine  Marvin Gaye;  Rainbow Valley  The Love Affair;

Lilly The Pink  The Scaffold;  Land O 1,000 Dances  Wilson Pickett;  and even I'm The Urban Spaceman The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band ;D ;D ;D

Plus Albums like  The White Album The Beatles;  Wheels of Fire Cream

all to dance and have fun with!!

Now, yes this is an insight into my collection of that time as a contemporary teenage girl who often copied what her friends liked;  there were many more that others would select I know, but it, I think, reflects another age of us British teenagers following the charts and, seemingly, without a care for the environment, but just kids having fun.

We did not go on 'environmental protests, just supported the protests against the Vietnam War.  We were I believe 'simple' and rightly childlike as the children we were, not like our poor kids of today who are bombarded with great worries about being stabbed, shot, groomed, or saving the Planet from us humans, apart from the very real threat from The Cold War which would increasingly wipe away our innocence and fill us with the dread that I think the children of today have in respect of the environment.

The children of the last war, my parents included had very real fears, then WE the baby boomers, came along had enjoyed a simple childhood, that grew fears of pending nuclear wipe out, that our children had passed on to them.  Now our current young generation have very real and realistic concerns about climate warming and what humans can / may do about it.

Our songs did include protests about war, and it is interesting to note the lyrics that included the word "Fire!" as in the previous example.  Does the current generation have songs protesting against the threats to the environment / the World?

Now I have rambled on a bit, as I do!!  But whilst remembering past great musici prompted by the lyric "If your memory serves you well" it made me think of our simple, music filled childs lives compared to what the kids have now.  Fears we are going to destroy life on Earth :D :D ;)
« Last Edit: 20 June 2019, 18:04:52 by Lizzie Zoom »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 20 June 2019, 18:30:08 »

"Popular" music(in its widest definition) peaked in 1968. It started to decline after that and was all but dead as a creative force by the mid 70,s.
The greatest guitar track ever recorded was from that year.
From 2.30 on is at good as it gets. Never heard anything better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYC5BcL7YtQ
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 20 June 2019, 18:34:32 »

"Popular" music(in its widest definition) peaked in 1968. It started to decline after that and was all but dead as a creative force by the mid 70,s.
The greatest guitar track ever recorded was from that year.
From 2.30 on is at good as it gets. Never heard anything better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYC5BcL7YtQ

I can imagine Lizzie as  a raunchy rock chick gyrating to this with plenty of cleavage on display. :D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 20 June 2019, 18:41:57 »

You need help.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 20 June 2019, 18:44:02 »

You need help.  ;D

I've lost count of the number of people saying exactly that. ;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.