Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Drivers side mirror glass fell out  (Read 4967 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Drivers side mirror glass fell out
« Reply #15 on: 22 August 2019, 18:13:07 »

Though the mirror (without glass or covers) is reasonable at £250+VAT, and that's a powerfold one.

Now that is expensive :o ;D ;D ;D

Go the Ebay route TB.................oh, hang on, maybe with your record of internet buying, you shouldn't!! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 August 2019, 19:01:39 »

Though the mirror (without glass or covers) is reasonable at £250+VAT, and that's a powerfold one.

Go the Ebay route TB.................oh, hang on, maybe with your record of internet buying, you shouldn't!! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D
£250 aint bad. You look up your Elite one ;).  I'll give you a clue, by the time you add VAT, its 4 digits ;)

Ironically, an online scrappy I use want more for a used one than JLR charge for a new one ;D
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 August 2019, 19:11:58 »

£250 aint bad. You look up your Elite one ;).  I'll give you a clue, by the time you add VAT, its 4 digits ;)

Ironically, an online scrappy I use want more for a used one than JLR charge for a new one ;D
The price of convenience  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 August 2019, 19:31:05 »

That is why TB I have built up a stock of four of them from EBay, although it was five before I crunched one! ::) :D :D ;)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 August 2019, 19:57:37 »

Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 August 2019, 20:09:43 »

That is why TB I have built up a stock of four of them from EBay, although it was five before I crunched one! ::) :D :D ;)
Are we talking Omegas now, or still mirrors?  :D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 August 2019, 20:14:49 »

Are we talking Omegas now, or still mirrors?  :D

;D ;D ;D no, mirrors not the cars thank God!  I'm not that bad! ;D ;D ;D ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 August 2019, 20:23:46 »

I believe my driver's door mirror (just the glass bit) is silly money ... they auto dim along with the interior mirror

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 August 2019, 20:38:19 »

I believe my driver's door mirror (just the glass bit) is silly money ... they auto dim along with the interior mirror

That's a good idea :y

Trouble is, as you hint, we pay through the nose for all this technology :o :o

What ever happened to those lovely, but basic, wing mirrors mounted on chromed wing like arms?

You know, those ones that misted up, gathered up the rain, and got covered in muck! ;D ;D

I still love those fitted to the big old Fords though. They reflected true class! :D :D :y

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 August 2019, 20:41:00 »

A second hand one will have weak demisters, and possibly the coating is on its last legs.

Its easy enough to ask any egay* sellers if they have the blind spot bit.

*other outlets are available, and generally infinitely better.  But egay suits the bone idle.

The mirror glass on all my Omegas demist correctly and the 'silver' on the back are presumably all good as there is no visible discolouring of the glass itself. Going off the performance of my mirror glasses which are all well over 15 years old, I have no reason to doubt the performance of any secondhand mirror glasses as long as they are visibly in good order.
It's a bit of a sweeping statement to say that all secondhand mirror glasses will have weak demisters.......
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 August 2019, 23:53:26 »

What ever happened to those lovely, but basic, wing mirrors mounted on chromed wing like arms?

You know, those ones that misted up, gathered up the rain, and got covered in muck! ;D ;D  .....

Those wing mirrors that needed two of you to set up?  ;D ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 August 2019, 23:57:20 »

That's a good idea :y

You know, those ones that misted up, gathered up the rain, and got covered in muck! ;D ;D

I still love those fitted to the big old Fords though. They reflected true class! :D :D :y

Dis I say they were silly money .... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-BENZ-ML-W166-Front-Right-Door-Mirror-Glass-A1668100419-NEW-GENUINE/264391733956?epid=1914181109&hash=item3d8ef9b2c4:g:hMMAAOSw1g1dIzKh

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 August 2019, 00:10:03 »

You know, those ones that misted up, gathered up the rain, and got covered in muck! ;D ;D  .....

But that actually gave a good view behind you? With no blind spots? What happened to stuff that works properly?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 August 2019, 00:31:52 »

But that actually gave a good view behind you? With no blind spots? What happened to stuff that works properly?
Design...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 August 2019, 01:47:15 »

A second hand one will have weak demisters, and possibly the coating is on its last legs.

Its easy enough to ask any egay* sellers if they have the blind spot bit.

*other outlets are available, and generally infinitely better.  But egay suits the bone idle.

The mirror glass on all my Omegas demist correctly and the 'silver' on the back are presumably all good as there is no visible discolouring of the glass itself. Going off the performance of my mirror glasses which are all well over 15 years old, I have no reason to doubt the performance of any secondhand mirror glasses as long as they are visibly in good order.
It's a bit of a sweeping statement to say that all secondhand mirror glasses will have weak demisters.......
The demisters do degrade.  Compare an old one to a new one, and you will see.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.