Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted - Cheap Runaround  (Read 2232 times)

horsecow

• Omagh
    • 2.2 dti cdx/3.2 elite
    • View Profile
Wanted - Cheap Runaround
« on: 15 September 2013, 21:10:47 »

Looking for a cheap runaround for my sister. She bought a 307 on finance from a garage few months back and it has spent more time back in said garage than on the road. Cut a long story short she is taking said garage to court over the motor but she currently has no wheels and the funds are low so she has asked me to see if I can find something for her. I'm currently bidding on a few on ebay but I though I'd put the feelers out on here as well. She's just looking something cheap and reliable for a few months. Obviously tax and mot would be a great help. I think she's after something like an astra or focus. Thanks Guys
Drive 'er like yer late for mass!!

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted - Cheap Runaround
« Reply #1 on: 16 September 2013, 21:13:55 »

if you posted yesterday-had rover 400-£250 to go 3 months tax 11 months mot :'( :'( went last night how much you wanna spend mate? what do you call cheap run around?
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider

horsecow

• Omagh
    • 2.2 dti cdx/3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 September 2013, 21:26:03 »

Always the way symes! Not to worry though, I think she is hoping to get something in round the £400-£500 mark if possible.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 September 2013, 22:20:34 »

Looking for a cheap runaround for my sister. She bought a 307 on finance from a garage few months back and it has spent more time back in said garage than on the road. Cut a long story short she is taking said garage to court over the motor but she currently has no wheels and the funds are low so she has asked me to see if I can find something for her. I'm currently bidding on a few on ebay but I though I'd put the feelers out on here as well. She's just looking something cheap and reliable for a few months. Obviously tax and mot would be a great help. I think she's after something like an astra or focus. Thanks Guys

If I were here I would be speaking with the finance company, after all it is their car, they may be able to encourage the garage to sort the car out properly..... :y :y

horsecow

• Omagh
    • 2.2 dti cdx/3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 October 2013, 21:16:28 »

I don't know exactly what's going on re the finance and car, as far as I know its all down to the solicitor now. From what I gather the garage gave her 6 months warranty and then when she had problems with it after a few months they basically pretended to fix it but it kept having same problem and then they had the car that long the last time that they told her the 6 month warranty had expired and they wouldn't be standing over it any more and doing no more work to it. Bit crap imo but as I say i dont know the full details.

Anyways she has got a motor sorted now so thanks for the offers guys.

Admin please lock
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.