Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To good results from weekend...  (Read 2734 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
To good results from weekend...
« on: 21 September 2015, 12:13:09 »

1) I wanted to replace the oil sump O-ring, as I'd not replaced it in years  :-X (it's rubber one not the copper crush one) - Until recently never had a problem, but maybe slight oil loss could have been from that, so thought time for a new one. Called into Vx dealer in Camberley, as I no local parts places had them, copper ones only. 12:50 on a Saturday, 10 mins before they shut, I pop in and ask for one.

Asked if it was for a V6? Said no it's a 2.2 and it's rubber one. Guy popped out with a box of various sump O-rings, gave me the right one. Said no charge, it's more hassle to charge you for it!  8)

2) New Battery from ECP, i'd left the 2.2 for about 2 weeks and it's battery was fubared. 2.2 has always eaten batteries, not sure if steering wheel adapter for alpine unit causes a draw  :-\ - Either way, the battery was flat as a pancake, no lights, no nothing. Even with trickle charge on, barely in life. Normally with trickle charge on it can at least un-lock and lock. Given it was that flat and with winter arriving, time for a new one. Then spotted the Bosch one I bought from ECP had a 3 year warrenty and it was only 2 years old. I did a click and collect, but no longer had the invoice, I bought it in a different branch too, but tried my luck....

ECP - How can I help?
Me - Dead battery, but it has a warranty and here is the Click-Collect order reference with my name.
ECP - No can do, we need the invoice number from that branch. You can buy a battery here, but we can't do warranty claim.
Me - Would that branch still have invoice number?
ECP - Yes.
Me - So if I ring that branch now and get the number, you can process this claim? [me hinting, why could he not do it?]
ECP - Yes if you have the time to ring them and get that, we can do that.

So I call the branch, providing click to order reference the guy said it would be an issue finding the invoice number  >:( but as soon as I mentioned the date I bought it, all became easy. He found the ref.  ???

In the end, walked out with brand spankers battery.  8)

3) Finally got my Halfords trade card back, time for new wipers all around. Bosch ones came in at £20.99 each  :o

Trade card, £12.99  :D  8)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: To good results from weekend...
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2015, 13:21:33 »

Pretty good :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2015, 18:15:40 »

3) Finally got my Halfords trade card back, time for new wipers all around. Bosch ones came in at £20.99 each  :o

The flippin useless aero style ones come in around £25 trade.  But sadly needed for those poxy stupid automatic wipers. Grrrr.

And for some reason I keep snapping the passenger one, not sure how. Still, its the slightly cheaper of the 2.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 September 2015, 18:41:55 »

The flippin useless aero style ones come in around £25 trade.  But sadly needed for those poxy stupid automatic wipers. Grrrr.

And for some reason I keep snapping the passenger one, not sure how. Still, its the slightly cheaper of the 2.

Went standard Bosch, as they were only a couple of quid more than Halfrauds own brand!

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 September 2015, 19:20:08 »

Good results Tunnie :y

We tend to go through Irons here every 6 months or so, I've taken to sellotaping the receipt to the inside of the cupboard door so there's no hassle swapping them. I wonder if putting the Batt receipt in a plastig bag and popping it under the battery when fitting it may be a good idea  :-\
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 September 2015, 19:31:36 »

We tend to go through Irons here every 6 months or so, I've taken to sellotaping the receipt to the inside of the cupboard door so there's no hassle swapping them. I wonder if putting the Batt receipt in a plastig bag and popping it under the battery when fitting it may be a good idea  :-\

Good idea for next time  :y :y :y, even though I was 2 years into 3 year warranty. The replacement does not reset the warranty, stays at 3 years from first battery purchase date.  :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 September 2015, 18:02:53 »

Went standard Bosch, as they were only a couple of quid more than Halfrauds own brand!
I think Hellfrauds own work out around £7 trade...  ...but Bosch ones are better :y
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 September 2015, 18:06:28 »

Yeah, used Halfrauds ones before. Not great.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 September 2015, 05:06:37 »

Good idea for next time  :y :y :y, even though I was 2 years into 3 year warranty. The replacement does not reset the warranty, stays at 3 years from first battery purchase date.  :(

The new battery has a 3 year warranty from the date you got it, not from date of old unit. Check sale of goods, not ecp terms. :y
Hoof'land storeman.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 September 2015, 05:07:36 »

Hoof'land storeman.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 September 2015, 18:48:14 »

The new battery has a 3 year warranty from the date you got it, not from date of old unit. Check sale of goods, not ecp terms. :y
I *think* its from purchase date, and no legal requirement to extend if its replaced in meantime?
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 October 2015, 18:06:17 »

Sadly, that is not correct if it's a replacement item.

As TB says it's from date of purchase, I did not purchase its replacement ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.