Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tyre question alert  (Read 10451 times)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Tyre question alert
« on: 03 October 2015, 11:38:16 »

Given that i'm not that impressed with Dunlop Sport Maxx RT's (235/45/17 XL), especially when they hit 5mm, what are other people running of the same level (ie. not budget tyres)?

05omegav6

Re: Tyre question alert
« Reply #1 on: 03 October 2015, 11:56:41 »

Goodyear Eagle F1 Assym 2s here in 245/40/18... Happy enough with the performance under duress but only managed 8k miles with 2mm left.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 October 2015, 12:22:31 »

Goodyear Eagle F1 Assym 2s here in 245/40/18... Happy enough with the performance under duress but only managed 8k miles with 2mm left.

Hmmm, so that would be five tyre changes a year for me then. Looking back over the receipts, the Dunlop's have lasted a little longer to roughly the same tread depth.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2015, 13:30:06 »

Driving style will be a huge factor though, along with type of journeys. As some here get through pads in a ridiculously short amount of time.

Kinda makes tyre threads here pointless  :(

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 03 October 2015, 15:57:11 »

Fast roundabouts, and shit discs/pads don't help... ::)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 October 2015, 22:27:19 »

I run Goodyear Eagle F1 Assym 2 in 235/45/17 XL. When the tread gets low they tramline like an arse on my car but on the few occasions that I've had to stamp on the brakes from speed in pouring rain they have not let me down.  Even to the extent that the ABS has not been activated when my work bag flies through the car like an Exocet missile as I bring it to a halt.  :) To me that is worth a lot, just a shame they get upset by road lines on my car.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

05omegav6

« Reply #6 on: 04 October 2015, 02:40:00 »

Braking in mine produces similar results ;D With the Monaro brakes it almost locks up when you stand on the middle pedal in anger, but the car simply stops, no fuss, no drama 8)

I have always found the ABS/TC to be most unobtrusive on my Omegas unless it's snowy/icy. My only bugbear with the standard brakes being how quickly they fade if you're pressing on... that said, my commute has 23 roundabouts in 23 miles and is almost all NSL/Dual carriageway :-\

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 October 2015, 02:53:24 »

Driving style will be a huge factor though, along with type of journeys. As some here get through pads in a ridiculously short amount of time.

Another telling off by Miss Daisy. :o :o :o However, some of us like fun in life with our digital throttles, heavy braking and high g cornering to match. Not getting Miss Daisy or a nervous nun in a Morris 1000 tyre mileage is well worth it. :) :) :) :) :)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

05omegav6

« Reply #8 on: 04 October 2015, 04:12:08 »

Another telling off by Miss Daisy. :o :o :o However, some of us like fun in life with our digital throttles, heavy braking and high g cornering to match. Not getting Miss Daisy or a nervous nun in a Morris 1000 tyre mileage is well worth it. :) :) :) :) :)
Amen to that :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 October 2015, 09:25:35 »

Just my thoughts, no need for that. You don't want to comment or add to the thread. Just take the piss out of my opinion?  :-\

Some have a baby in the back, their safety and priority is top.

High G cornering? - In an Omega?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Get over yourself.  ;)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 October 2015, 10:09:13 »

Get over yourself.  ;)

Not all the time ;)

I still like to have fun when I can :y

Mind you... Izzy has been known to shout "Weeeeeee" if we accelerate a little quickly! :-X ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 October 2015, 10:35:38 »

I really wonder at how some of you guys drive, the way you seem to get through tyres and brake pads.....  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 October 2015, 11:20:49 »

I really wonder at how some of you guys drive, the way you seem to get through tyres and brake pads.....  ::)

Throttle and brakes only have one setting. On or off  ;)

Get over yourself.  ;)

Not all the time ;)

I still like to have fun when I can :y

Mind you... Izzy has been known to shout "Weeeeeee" if we accelerate a little quickly! :-X ::)

I have fun in the 3.2, trying to get rid of the Nexens. They will have lasted 15k I expect, that for me is very poor!

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 October 2015, 12:03:42 »

That makes two of us.

I've not changed the front pads on mine and I've had it 4.5 years and done over 40,000 miles! With the geometry correct I would expect at least 25,000 miles from a set of tyres.

And I make good time across the ground.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 October 2015, 12:32:21 »

That makes two of us.

I've not changed the front pads on mine and I've had it 4.5 years and done over 40,000 miles! With the geometry correct I would expect at least 25,000 miles from a set of tyres.

And I make good time across the ground.

Don't say that, you will get accused of driving like "Miss Daisy" for ever more here  :)

The moment you question tyre life of less than 10k, pads which last less than 5k you are told you drive like a granny and have no fun  :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 04 October 2015, 12:43:21 »

Which then begs the question. Why in the name of all thats holy are you driving an Omega  ???  :-\ :-\
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 October 2015, 12:58:33 »

Same here.

£75 a corner fitted in 225/45/17 form. :y

05omegav6

« Reply #17 on: 04 October 2015, 13:03:47 »

Because an MX5 can't tow a 2 ton caravan with three kids, a dog and a boot full of luggage simultaneously  ::)

The Omega is a perfect all-rounder... Smooth and sedate or poised and responsive according to your mood...

Or you could spend ten times as much and buy summat a bit more BMW ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 October 2015, 14:38:25 »

An MX5 certainly cant do those things,although, like the Omega its certainly not a fast car either.
The Omega, imo, was an under rated car, in the sense it is quiet, smooth, sedate etc. and capable of making adequate progress if need be.
It wasn't and never could be a properly fast car. It was never designed to be one. Far too heavy and underpowered.
I have the impression that some people on OOF have spent a lot of time and money trying to prove otherwise, when they might as well try and push water uphill.
Its not a criticism of the car. It wasn't designed to be a fast car, it was designed to be a big comfy mile muncher.
Point being, rather than spend all the time / effort / money on trying to make it something it isn't. Why not keep it standard and pick up an MX5 , or any number of other cars(if that's what equates as fun) for sub £1k and have fun when the mood takes ?
Its all pretty irellevant these days anyway imo, as the days of being able to drive fast on public roads are long gone.

Also, there are similar cars for similar money which do the same job as the Omega only better. Examples which spring to mind are Lexus LS40, Jag XJ, various Mercs, and indeed a BMW (E38, 735 / 740). So in reality its probably about brand loyalty and enthusiasm for a particular model.
Theres no rhyme, reason or logic too it and theres nothing wrong with it I suppose. As long as we don't start kidding ourselves that its the best car ever made for any purpose we can think of.
« Last Edit: 04 October 2015, 14:47:03 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

05omegav6

« Reply #19 on: 04 October 2015, 17:08:56 »

Every single car you mention still costs significantly more to buy and were all produced as luxury rather than executive models...

Pound for pound, the Omega is a fantastic all-rounder, and I would recommend a crosscounty blast in a 3.2 manual with well set suspension and a clear road before you right it off. True in a.world where sports cars that can hit 60 in 2.5,seconds and top 180 are the norm, a two ton saloon capable of hitting 60 in 6-7 seconds and cruising at 140+ all day long might not be anthing to write home about. Until you remember that the newest Omegas are now over 12 years old yet still do what they were designed and built to do, and still do it well.

They are understated and underestimated end of an era cars that will keep supposedly better cars honest on any decent stretch of road.

Out and out sports car? Obviously not. Thoroughly competent car in every way? Absooppsinglutely.

That's why we love them ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 October 2015, 17:45:49 »

Having owned 8 v6 Omegas I think I can be included in the "why we love them" group.  ;)
I m a realist though, and disagree that the cars I mentioned are necessarily more expensive. True you may have to buy one 2 or 3 years older to get it the same price as an Omega, but does that really count at that age ?
Jag and BMW did sports versions of the XJ and e38 as well as luxury models.
I have driven well sorted manual Omegas,hard, and although it is quite a well balanced chassis for something designed decades ago, it has its limitations (even on public roads) and if I wanted something to test my limits (which I consider to be not particularily high) it wouldn't be something I would consider, because it isn't a car for fast driving. Its a decent car for making adequate progress in  reasonable comfort.
Ideally I suppose, I would have an Omega / LS/ e38/ XJ / S class type car and also a well sorted MR2 / M3 (an old one)/ Elise etc.
But then again, speed cameras, very overcrowded roads, speeding now extremely antisocial, and a mind boggling number of morons in charge of vehicles everywhere you go - is there any point in thinking about performance as a desirable characteristic anymore ?
I spend a lot of my driving time nowadays in a 25 year old diesel, and have fun in it, to the extent that its funny to go through a series of bends and leave Timothy Poncenby Smythe languishing far behind in his £40k Audi/ Beemer etc. as it seems hardly anyone has much of a clue how to drive these days.

05omegav6

« Reply #21 on: 04 October 2015, 18:11:14 »

Maybe my opinion is a clouded one... Six Omegas, seven Granadas, a Sierra XR4x4, a 106XSi, a 405, an E Class, two Vectra Cs, two Insignias, one Seat Altea and a Renault 25...

My favourites? In ascending order:
Sierra XR4x4
106XSi
2.8i manual Mk2 Granada
2.9 Cosworth Granada
Insignia St 4x4
3.2 Auto Omega
3.2 Manual Omega

If the Granada Cosworth had been manual and 4x4, that might have been the top of the list, but basically the Omega has it licked. For me at least ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04 October 2015, 18:54:04 »

Ah, now, see if you hadn't taken Ford as your religion before seeing the light and converting to GM then you might not be a complete devotee. :D ;D
I was reared in the GM religion ( deviated to Ford briefly with a Crapi and a Sierra and hated both of them), and have only really turned my eyes away from GM to other marques, late in life.
I think the reason people like us ( wanting a nice big luxobarge on  tightish budget) ignored more "upmarket" cars, may have been the exhorbitant cost of parts ec. but that doesn't really apply anymore.
Parts for XJ,s e38,s, LS 400, older Mercs etc. can be bought as cheaply as parts for Omegas from similar sources as we would use to source parts from.
I think if we ignore badges, and take a drive in these cars, with an open mind, it might be more difficult to keep justifying the Omega love.
I think the BMW badge is losing its stigma now, more so with older models,as that mantle is being passed to Audi drivers, and the bigger engined e38,s are a stonking car in every respect in my opinion. Would any of us really be embarrassed to drive an old 635 Csi, or old 2002tii ? I would love to have an old e38 750 5.4, V12, but even now, the running costs are eye watering.
Likewise the LS400, its a cracking car, although definitely more luxury than sporting drive, but still very capable for what it is. And the engine is a real peach.
Im planning on finally moving away from Omegas in about a years time and will be trying to decide between an e38, LS400 and an XJ.
The car will likely be around 15 years old, so MB wont be considered as Mercs of that vintage can rust quicker than an old Alfasud.

But having said all this, if the right 3.2 Elite with all the toys came along at the right price / right time, I might just have a few more years of Omega love.  ;D
« Last Edit: 04 October 2015, 19:01:06 by Migv6 »

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04 October 2015, 19:20:01 »

Only ever owned big estate cars for their load carrying capacity and there is very little choice that matches the Omega, once  the old Granada / Volvo 7/9 series were no longer available. My next car will probably be an E series Merc estate. Never owned a car that was not an estate as load capacity is important to me. My 'sports car' blasts were large capacity fast motorbikes. For me that covered all be bases. :y :y :y :y

I have to agree that the Omega is a good all rounder, which as a load lugging, mile eating, barge, it does what it says on the tin. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #24 on: 05 October 2015, 01:30:02 »

Every single car you mention still costs significantly more to buy and were all produced as luxury rather than executive models...

Pound for pound, the Omega is a fantastic all-rounder, and I would recommend a crosscounty blast in a 3.2 manual with well set suspension and a clear road before you right it off. True in a.world where sports cars that can hit 60 in 2.5,seconds and top 180 are the norm, a two ton saloon capable of hitting 60 in 6-7 seconds and cruising at 140+ all day long might not be anthing to write home about. Until you remember that the newest Omegas are now over 12 years old yet still do what they were designed and built to do, and still do it well.

They are understated and underestimated end of an era cars that will keep supposedly better cars honest on any decent stretch of road.

Out and out sports car? Obviously not. Thoroughly competent car in every way? Absooppsinglutely.

A tad optimistic - nearer 8-9 secs I think. 

Only ever owned big estate cars for their load carrying capacity and there is very little choice that matches the Omega, once  the old Granada / Volvo 7/9 series were no longer available. My next car will probably be an E series Merc estate. Never owned a car that was not an estate as load capacity is important to me. My 'sports car' blasts were large capacity fast motorbikes. For me that covered all be bases. :y :y :y :y

I have to agree that the Omega is a good all rounder, which as a load lugging, mile eating, barge, it does what it says on the tin. :y :y :y

Couldn't agree more - difficult to find a modern estate with similar "usable" space.  We will be looking to replace SWMBOs estate soon, but what with thats both petrol driven and no more than 4 years old! 
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05 October 2015, 09:36:05 »

Can't add to this, only agree completely the Omegas all-round abilities. And also great to read your passion about the cars/brand, Migv6. I'm the same :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05 October 2015, 10:18:52 »

That's young bears dream :D
Hoof'land storeman.

05omegav6

« Reply #27 on: 05 October 2015, 10:23:54 »

Lol ;D Plod manual 3.2 is sub 7 seconds :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05 October 2015, 11:41:58 »

That is as quick as my Signum. :y

STEMO

« Reply #29 on: 05 October 2015, 11:44:16 »

Can you actually see the fuel gauge move if you drive them like that?

05omegav6

« Reply #30 on: 05 October 2015, 12:03:47 »

Can you actually see the fuel gauge move if you drive them like that?
Almost ;D

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #31 on: 05 October 2015, 14:57:46 »

Lol I'll believe it when I see it
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

05omegav6

« Reply #32 on: 05 October 2015, 15:10:00 »

Lol I'll believe it when I see it
:y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05 October 2015, 19:50:27 »

Back on topic, Mr VXL, if you are struggling with RTs (an dthe current crop aren't as good as 2 or 3 years back), I think you will be hugely disappointed in GY F1 Assym2 - I know I was.

Both sets were definitely in the "midrange" (ie, Nexen, Kumho) levels of grip, both laterally and under braking/acceleration.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 05 October 2015, 20:10:49 »

And 3 of the 6 tyres I had suffered failure.
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 05 October 2015, 21:04:53 »

Back on topic, Mr VXL, if you are struggling with RTs (an dthe current crop aren't as good as 2 or 3 years back), I think you will be hugely disappointed in GY F1 Assym2 - I know I was.

Both sets were definitely in the "midrange" (ie, Nexen, Kumho) levels of grip, both laterally and under braking/acceleration.

Just goes to show how one person can be pleased and another disappointed with the same tyre on the same car, and I don't exactly hang about.  :-\
Only tyres I've had on this Omega are Michelin Pilot Sports, which it came fitted with from new, replacement Pilot Sports x 2 sets, Hankook Ventus Sport, Toyo T1R's and the Goodyears. I suffered an instant deflation blow-out with one of the Hankooks so was reluctant to go that route again, the Toyo's were ok but were grippy due to soft rubber and wore down quite quick. The Goodyears have always stopped me when needed so I stuck with them.
I have noticed that they crack between just one of the tread lines early in their life though, which worries me, having already suffered with the Hankook.
As my fronts are due I'm interested in what other brands will stop with confidence, price not an issue.  :-\

Zoom in and you will see the crack. This appears on all four tyres in the same place.  :-\

STEMO

« Reply #36 on: 05 October 2015, 22:00:29 »

That looks like a crital failure waiting to happen  :o

05omegav6

« Reply #37 on: 05 October 2015, 22:18:42 »

I will double check mine, but don't recall seeing any cracking like that on them... Was up in the air last week having the tracking tweaked and apart from getting a bit low and some shoulder wear on one front from the wishbone change, nothing to report... :-\

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 05 October 2015, 22:30:06 »

That looks like a crital failure waiting to happen  :o

This is the second set of four that this has happened to. I thought it was a defect with the first set so was surprised to see this set go the same.  :-\
May try the Toyo's again as the car does less than 4K a year. They were actually quite good in snow.  :)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 05 October 2015, 23:00:32 »

Well I've also noticed that the Sport Maxx RT's crack in a very similar place early in their life as well, possibly more so on the fronts than the rears.

My experience of Toyo T1R's was the same as yours.

I notice that Bridgestone RE050A tyres are used by Mercedes and can be bought with the prerequisite MO markings. They look to be around Sport Maxx RT prices now as well....  :-\

MrRon

• Bury St Edmunds
    • Omega MV6 Elite Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06 October 2015, 22:30:32 »

Just going through some old paperwork (as I was just made redundant) and found the receipt for the last set of tyres I bought in October 2010.

MARANGONI 235/45 Z 17 97 Y

These were bought and fitted at KWIK-FIT with a 25% discount and a life-time guarantee from punctures for £431.

Mileage was 107,000 and now closer to 120,000.

The rear tyres would of lasted longer, but I've had too much fun :P
As for the fronts, I'm afraid to report after sitting for two years they were semi-flat and cracked (not punctures)

I'm tempted to buy some more but will look into some of the suggestions made here  :y
"Chance Favors the prepaired wallet"

MV6 3.0 Elite manual Saloon - MK2 Cavalier CDi Saloon - 200tdi 3 door Discovery - 2cv Dolly, Special and Bamboo, T2 Camper.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 06 October 2015, 22:35:03 »

You bought budget tyres at a premium price :o   Do your wallet a massive favour, and don't go to KwikFit!

MrRon

• Bury St Edmunds
    • Omega MV6 Elite Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 06 October 2015, 22:47:44 »

You bought budget tyres at a premium price :o   Do your wallet a massive favour, and don't go to KwikFit!

After your comment I double checked,  it should of been  £431 -25%...... =£323.25.
Point taken, I've never been back  ;)
"Chance Favors the prepaired wallet"

MV6 3.0 Elite manual Saloon - MK2 Cavalier CDi Saloon - 200tdi 3 door Discovery - 2cv Dolly, Special and Bamboo, T2 Camper.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 07 October 2015, 23:00:48 »

Gotta say, I inherited a part worn set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3 and the rears are now on the wear indicators and still gripping well, even in the wet. A very strong contender for my next set.

Can't say anything about mileage from them mind

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08 October 2015, 19:17:39 »

Gotta say, I inherited a part worn set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3 and the rears are now on the wear indicators and still gripping well, even in the wet. A very strong contender for my next set.

I vaguely recall, that as a passenger, you where underwhelmed with the PS3's on TBE, as we drifted towards a lorry. 4mm tread.
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 08 October 2015, 19:34:50 »

I vaguely recall, that as a passenger, you where underwhelmed with the PS3's on TBE, as we drifted towards a lorry. 4mm tread.
They were PS3's? Mind you... You had some suspension issues that made them like clown tyres ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 08 October 2015, 19:47:20 »

They were PS3's? Mind you... You had some suspension issues that made them like clown tyres ::)
They weren't clowned at that point, I'd only had it for 1000 miles :)

Was Eliite suspension though...
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 08 October 2015, 19:58:19 »

Is there the very slightest chance that there has never been anything wrong with any of your tyres and that it could be your driving style?  :-\

Just asking like.  ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #48 on: 08 October 2015, 20:12:57 »

Is there the very slightest chance that there has never been anything wrong with any of your tyres and that it could be your driving style?  :-\

Just asking like.  ;D
What could you possibly mean :D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 08 October 2015, 20:26:27 »

I'm sure that time it was clown related... Sure we'd been switching wheels around :-\

But, to be fair, we weren't convinced there wasn't a spillage too.

All I can say is that these have been good :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 08 October 2015, 20:28:07 »

Pah. It's just much ballast on the drivers side  ;D  :-X ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #51 on: 08 October 2015, 20:30:09 »

No cracking in the grooves on my F1 Assym2s... lucky perhaps :-\

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 08 October 2015, 20:44:29 »

No cracking in the grooves on my F1 Assym2s... lucky perhaps :-\

Good to hear.  :y

I keep changing my mind about which tyres to get. Never had a problem stopping with the Goodyear F1's so a bit reluctant to try a different brand.  :-\
Wish I'd have made notes on my previous tyres now. Some tramlined from new, others tramlined when worn down a bit, if only I could remember which one's did what.   ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 09 October 2015, 16:37:16 »

I'm sure that time it was clown related... Sure we'd been switching wheels around :-\

No, that was the day you dragged a chavmobile behind joshwyatts rangie.  The PS3 day was a post LPG fitting calibration run, when you suggested that I gave it some beans to check high load calibration.

Actually, I detect a theme.  The previous time you were in the passenger seat telling me to give it some large, it all went a bit wrong (nasty engine noise, around your neck of the woods).  You're jinxed!
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #54 on: 09 October 2015, 17:11:07 »

Well after some deliberating, have got a set of Nokian WR A3s on their way... Best of a bad bunch, but no repairs and the correct load/speed ratings, and at a 1/4 of their new retail price, I'll be happy if they see in the new year... :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 09 October 2015, 18:38:09 »

No, that was the day you dragged a chavmobile behind joshwyatts rangie.  The PS3 day was a post LPG fitting calibration run, when you suggested that I gave it some beans to check high load calibration.

Actually, I detect a theme.  The previous time you were in the passenger seat telling me to give it some large, it all went a bit wrong (nasty engine noise, around your neck of the woods).  You're jinxed!

Fair enough, your memory must be better than mine. :o :o

As for me being Jinxed... Wasn't that Gixer fella in the car too?  :-X ::)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #56 on: 09 October 2015, 22:18:40 »

Always had Michelin Primacy on mine no problems at all .

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 10 October 2015, 21:54:20 »

Wasn't that Gixer fella in the car too?  :-X ::)
Nope ;)
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 10 October 2015, 22:15:21 »

Wasn't that Gixer fella in the car too?  :-X ::)
Nope ;)

Oh well... It's not my car  ;) :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.